Check your account email address ×

Dear info.dnr@state.mn.us

f7ben

are you sure this is a DNR problem and not a club problem? not sure how it works in MN but here it's usually the club with the problem, like groomers being down or something else. didn't you guys get a late start as well? you shouldn't be out of funds. :dunno:

here we pay $45 to register each sled, provided you joined a club, which cost $35 per family if I'm not mistaken. if you don't join a club, then you pay $100 to register each sled. so the club uses that money for things, and they also get reimbursements for grooming per mile, from the state. I think this is how it all works, maybe some of the NY club groomers can respond.

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

are you sure this is a DNR problem and not a club problem? not sure how it works in MN but here it's usually the club with the problem, like groomers being down or something else. didn't you guys get a late start as well? you shouldn't be out of funds. :dunno:

It really a convoluted mess.....the DNR does groom as well as provide money to the clubs. Club membership in MN is from what I've seen not near as strong as other states and the DNR is ultimately responsible. They collect funds and disperse funds and when there is no snow I would assume the money is reallocated.

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

No that would be you, I make perfect sense.

No...you are a fucking idiot....read the following in a caveman voice you fucking idiot and understand that is how you sound

"Something bad happening in State...derp derp.....Must be liberals or democrats ...DERP DERP"

^^^^ that is literally how fucking stupid you are 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It really a convoluted mess.....the DNR does groom as well as provide money to the clubs. Club membership in MN is from what I've seen not near as strong as other states and the DNR is ultimately responsible. They collect funds and disperse funds and when there is no snow I would assume the money is reallocated.

yeah I know it's frustrating as all hell when there's snow and bad grooming. you should see tug hill here in NY, although nobody could keep up with that place at times.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

yeah I know it's frustrating as all hell when there's snow and bad grooming. you should see tug hill here in NY, although nobody could keep up with that place at times.

All I ask is that after several bad years when we do get good snow that the effort is shown. The state doesnt refund our fucking money in low snow years when they do 0 grooming. The least they could do is put some real effort in when we do have good snow.

It has snowed almost 30" up there in the last week......they should have been grooming daily to whip the trails into midseason form....instead they did almost nothing and now what could have been a great base is a fucking mess

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No...you are a fucking idiot....read the following in a caveman voice you fucking idiot and understand that is how you sound

"Something bad happening in State...derp derp.....Must be liberals or democrats ...DERP DERP"

^^^^ that is literally how fucking stupid you are 

Settle down you fucking idiot before you have a stroke. :lol:

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Yeah that place can get BRUTAL! 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

No excuse in MN.....its sees very little sled traffic compared to much of the midewest 

If you pay for it the service should be provided. A few years ago in NY they tried to commandeer the trail fund for some bullshit and the clubs all raised holy hell to get it back. Its fucking bullshit!

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

All I ask is that after several bad years when we do get good snow that the effort is shown. The state doesnt refund our fucking money in low snow years when they do 0 grooming. The least they could do is put some real effort in when we do have good snow.

It has snowed almost 30" up there in the last week......they should have been grooming daily to whip the trails into midseason form....instead they did almost nothing and now what could have been a great base is a fucking mess

That right there is BS, what they should  be doing is giving a credit on the following year registration.

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That right there is BS, what they should  be doing is giving a credit on the following year registration.

they just blow the money elsewhere......there is no government in the world that routinely gives you back what you paid when they fail to provide the service you paid for

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Everything you're describing sounds like you have libtards running that state, $113.50 per sled and you're trails are bumpy? Where's the money being spent?

Wrong guess dummy, then again Wisconsin and most clubs do a great job with grooming and a good club president knows how to go after the money, remind me to never ride in Minnesota.

Do you even ride  brotato chip? :lol:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

here we pay $45 to register each sled, provided you joined a club, which cost $35 per family if I'm not mistaken. if you don't join a club, then you pay $100 to register each sled. so the club uses that money for things, and they also get reimbursements for grooming per mile, from the state. I think this is how it all works, maybe some of the NY club groomers can respond.

yes it is $45 to register a sled if you are a member of a club, $100 if you are not. ALL monies for registraitions whether it is $45 or the $100 except for $5, which goes to the DMV for processing fees, goes into the general trail fund administered by the Office of NY parks and historical places from which clubs are reimbursed for trail work, materials such as signs and grooming expences, which we have to keep close tabs on. grooming rates are based on what class groomer is involved and trail type, corridor or secondary, we have to have GPS in our groomers for proof that the groomers are actually moving, I have to check to see if it is working before I head out to groom, and if they are not moving then they don't get paid, we added 30 miles to our system this year which won't get funding until next year which cost us  but it is what it is. NO taxpayer money is involved in NY trails

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Can't argue with that

5 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

yes it is $45 to register a sled if you are a member of a club, $100 if you are not. ALL monies for registraitions whether it is $45 or the $100 except for $5, which goes to the DMV for processing fees, goes into the general trail fund administered by the Office of NY parks and historical places from which clubs are reimbursed for trail work, materials such as signs and grooming expences, which we have to keep close tabs on. grooming rates are based on what class groomer is involved and trail type, corridor or secondary, we have to have GPS in our groomers for proof that the groomers are actually moving, I have to check to see if it is working before I head out to groom, and if they are not moving then they don't get paid, we added 30 miles to our system this year which won't get funding until next year which cost us  but it is what it is. NO taxpayer money is involved in NY trails

Do you still have to register at DMV if they are open ?

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Do you still have to register at DMV if they are open ?

yes unless you ride only on privite property, all sleds must be registered to be on state trails and they have been cracking down on that, no insurance and loud pipes

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I remember riding there yrs ago and wanting to reg at hotel. They said they can't sell reg during hrs DMV was open. Only after they closed

You can register online and print out a temporary registration. 

17 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

In Michigan they took sled permit money and spent it on fucking bike trails.

I was changing a chain-case out in the parking lot of dans polaris in houghton once, the groomer idled in the parking lot the 3.5 hours we were there. Anyone want to bet they getting paid for grooming while it sat? 

And then the bikers , roller bladers etc complain that the new blacktop trail has marks in it so they try and get the sleds banned from using the trail.

35 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

He’s never ridden the Hurley/Wakefield trail. The local club up there is called the iron county ass packers. 

You have incorrect information-  It's White Thunder Riders     :bc: 

Iron County is the heart of excellent snowmobiling with trails connecting with the U.P. of Michigan, Vilas, Price and Ashland Counties.

The Iron County Forestry Department, along with the White Thunder Riders and the Mercer Sno Goers groom 304 miles through some of the most scenic trails in the country.  You can mosey through the Penokee Range, wind up on the railroad grade or enjoy your view through the forest.