Check your account email address ×

Dear info.dnr@state.mn.us

f7ben

17 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

In Michigan they took sled permit money and spent it on fucking bike trails.

I was changing a chain-case out in the parking lot of dans polaris in houghton once, the groomer idled in the parking lot the 3.5 hours we were there. Anyone want to bet they getting paid for grooming while it sat? 

Is the money spent on the freeloading bike trail , also allow snowmobiles upon the trail ?  Do you know of the specific location of this trail in MI ? TIA.

7 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Is the money spent on the freeloading bike trail , also allow snowmobiles upon the trail ?  Do you know of the specific location of this trail in MI ? TIA.

In MN they have paved bike trails that they groom......they close small segments of them to sleds though so they can post a fish cop on the corner of the small closed sections and hand out tickets for being on them. They did that on purpose and it generates a shit ton of revenue. Our government is our enemy 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

In MN they have paved bike trails that they groom......they close small segments of them to sleds though so they can post a fish cop on the corner of the small closed sections and hand out tickets for being on them. They did that on purpose and it generates a shit ton of revenue. Our government is our enemy 

No studded sleds allowed, correct? 

16 hours ago, f7ben said:

I was up plast weekend and rode almost 500 miles. It snowed to beat the band and I saw one groomer doing a small segment of the Tac and one of the spur trails. 

Talked to my buddy tonight who has done another 500 miles this week and he said the trails are horrifying. The tac , laurentian , arrowhead and all the spurs connected have not been groomed all week and he said its mogul hell and all the snow has been blown off in every corner. As far as he could tell nothing is being groomed all week.

That is fucking pathetic 

dnr only grooms its state trails in the state land and not many of those . the local clubs do the grooming the local clubs turn in there hrs for reimbursements. not ez to find guys to go out and spend there free time to drive 7mph for 8hrs at a shot for jack shit . MN gives a tinny percent f the gas tax based  on the number of sled registrations to the clubs . and remember that cash has to pay for tucker payments fuel and parts  and saws and mowers and disks and printing land owner appreciation gifts not much left to pay a guy to drive 90% volunteer . then worse you smooth it out and have not even finished a 7 hr shift and guys are calling to bitch that what you did 6 hrs ago was never groomed and there is still 125 mi of shit to hit at 7mph before you start again . want the best grooming in the country? black hills federal money no one can piss t away like the feds. they run like 5 matching tuckers mon to thurs  and like 8 on the weekends for way  less than 400mi   of trail . you get shocked if you are not on fresh ribbon .

and all this cost you nothing as long as you have registration on your sled from your home state .

and yes the state deff is steeling trail cash for other projects . that is why you need to be a member of MNUSA at min  because we have a full time lobby guy in st paul for 1 thing    

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Stop registering your sleds in MinnesOta. Seriously Wisconsin is way cheaper and you can do it online. I have gone between MI and WI and have stuck with WI the last several times because its so easy online. Fuck MinnesOta and those cyclist faggots. They dont pay registration fees, snowmobilers built those trails for them. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Stop registering your sleds in MinnesOta. Seriously Wisconsin is way cheaper and you can do it online. I have gone between MI and WI and have stuck with WI the last several times because its so easy online. Fuck MinnesOta and those cyclist faggots. They dont pay registration fees, snowmobilers built those trails for them. 

I should have stated that the 113.50$ in MN is for 3 years and that includes trail pass. I have no issue paying the money ....I take issue with then not grooming when we have snow. I understand when we have long winters and they run out of money for grooming which has happened. Years like this though when they do no grooming all year and then we get snow and nothing happens pisses me off

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I should have stated that the 113.50$ in MN is for 3 years and that includes trail pass. I have no issue paying the money ....I take issue with then not grooming when we have snow. I understand when we have long winters and they run out of money for grooming which has happened. Years like this though when they do no grooming all year and then we get snow and nothing happens pisses me off

Wisconsin is 2 or 3 years too, i forget. But only $30. Still it is something you can bargain with. Those registrations are paying someones salary. Tell those faggots you arent paying for incompetence. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Wisconsin is 2 or 3 years too, i forget. But only $30. Still it is something you can bargain with. Those registrations are paying someones salary. Tell those faggots you arent paying for incompetence. 

You still have to buy a yearly trail pass in WI so its actually much more expensive 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You still have to buy a yearly trail pass in WI so its actually much more expensive 

Would you rather have cheap bumpy trails like Minnesota or justifiable fees for smooth trails like Wisconsin? For guys like you, Wisconsin should charge an extra marine retrieval fee. :lol:

Just now, snoughnut said:

Would you rather have cheap bumpy trails like Minnesota or justifiable fees for smooth trails like Wisconsin? For guys like you, Wisconsin should charge an extra marine retrieval fee. :lol:

Actually, I kinda would.  It's why I don't mind some lack of grooming.  

.............and sweet fuck on the red!!  :lol:

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'll pay extra to ride groomed and marked trails. It's not a cheap hobby. You're the one who started this butthurt thread and now you're turning all faggot. I'm out!

4 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I'll pay extra to ride groomed and marked trails. It's not a cheap hobby. You're the one who started this butthurt thread and now you're turning all faggot. I'm out!

Just saying my issue isnt what they charge....its lack of service for that charge. I buy stickers in WI and MI as well almost every year and have no problem with it. Whats so fucking hard to understand here Bluto?

Just now, f7ben said:

Just saying my issue isnt what they charge....its lack of service for that charge. I buy stickers in WI and MI as well almost every year and have no problem with it. Whats so fucking hard to understand here Bluto?

That you have no problem paying for incompetence?

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

You were just defending them via "cheap registrations". 

Not defending....just clarifying for those that may have thought the 113.50 I mentioned was for one year. 

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Good trails cost money

Wisconsin has the best trails in the country and their registrations are only $30! And every trail leads to a bar... or 3!!!

• Like 1