Check your account email address ×

2019 artic cAt preedictions!!!111

Rod

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

You have me confused,, Polaris has always used transfer ports and the fuel takes the same path as a carbed engine,,, just without the oil

that is not true

In 2005 Polaris used the Cleanfire injection system, which at the time had two injectors, in the 900 Fusion. One year later Polaris used a four-injector system in its 700cc and 900cc engines; two injectors in crankcase and two in the heads or top of the cylinder. Then in 2007 through 2009 Polaris used the four-injector system in the 600 Liberty engine, rated at 125 HP. At this time Polaris also used a two-injector system for its 600cc Shift line, less horsepower then the premium four-injector engines.

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

You have me confused,, Polaris has always used transfer ports and the fuel takes the same path as a carbed engine,,, just without the oil

I'll admit to not being fully knowledgeable on all the iterations of the CFI system as it evolved but it has not always used 100% case reed induction for fueling

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lol: 

My wife is on my ass about mounting some god damned Dyson electric fucking thing on the wall.  She doesn’t know I’m in the middle of serious internet business!!!!!!!!!

I'd go do it for her. You've been taking quite the beating in here :snack:  time for a rest.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

My wife is on my ass about mounting some god damned Dyson electric fucking thing on the wall.  She doesn’t know I’m in the middle of serious internet business!!!!!!!!!

Come on dude.....multitask 

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Mine too....i gotta get this hardwood floor done...I keep getting the look everytime she comes out of her office.

Polaris has never injected fuel through the heads. Neither has Cat.  That would be DI.

Neither inject through the top of the cylinder. That would be DI.

They have always been in the transfer ports OR before.

Injected just past the throttle bottles is ALWAYS best for engine health and longevity.  Maybe not for emissions or mpg though. Polaris never did this either. 

edit. IDK how the old RXL's and shit were injected. But thats not even close to the conversation here.

Edited by Legend

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'll admit to not being fully knowledgeable on all the iterations of the CFI system as it evolved but it has not always used 100% case reed induction for fueling

They have never installed injectors on the head,,, always thru the crankcase

30 minutes ago, Legend said:

Polaris has never injected fuel through the heads. Neither has Cat.  That would be DI.

Neither inject through the top of the cylinder. That would be DI.

They have always been in the transfer ports OR before.

Injected just past the throttle bottles is ALWAYS best for engine health and longevity.  Maybe not for emissions or mpg though. Polaris never did this either. 

edit. IDK how the old RXL's and shit were injected. But thats not even close to the conversation here.

100% incorrect......direct inject means that injection pulse occurs after the piston has moved past the ports and is in the compression portion of the stroke....thus the need for fuel pressures exceeding 500psi to overcome the pressure in the combustion chamber. It really has nothing to do with location of the injector being in the top of the head or side of the head or top side of the cylinder etc etc

Edited by f7ben

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ok...well then...I guess this is all done then.  

Thanks for playing, Ben.  It's always a treat!  :lol:

Image result for cannon in rowboat

You got fucking owned and apparently so did HSR although he didnt really argue :lol: also Legend had no idea what Direct Injection was :lol: 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

The earlier CFI 800’s were literally doing around a motor per tank of gas here 

Junk , although that was a problem with the 800....the 600 cfi has never had issues aside from poor mapping in some of the flashes 

Edited by f7ben

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Junk , although that was a problem with the 800....the 600 cfi has never had issues aside from poor mapping in some of the flashes 

They supposedly had crazy excessive piston to cylinder clearance