Check your account email address ×

2019 artic cAt preedictions!!!111

Rod

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Prove one thing I said wrong momo.....just one thing

:lol: So that's the measuring stick of a "win".  Spew out a bunch of generalizations, then have somebody try to prove you wrong?  :lmao: 

No, you are correct.  All the OEM mils use fuel for their detonation and all have minor differences in how the fuel is delivered.

#winningthoughvagueness

23 minutes ago, bussman said:

Are you really a flat brimmed wannabe SnoX trail wrecker too fuckin scared to go faster than 68mph? 

No.  Next question.

37 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You got fucking owned and apparently so did HSR although he didnt really argue :lol: also Legend had no idea what Direct Injection was :lol: 

Sorry Ben I am sorta busy at work.Had a little brain fart earlier,,no biggie.

here's a read for ya

gasoline direct injection (GDI), also known as petrol direct injection, direct petrol injection, spark-ignited direct injection (SIDI) and fuel-stratified injection (FSI), is a variant of fuel injection employed in modern two-stroke and four-stroke gasoline engines. The gasoline is highly pressurized, and injected via a common rail fuel line directly into the combustion chamber of each cylinder, as opposed to conventional multipoint fuel injection that injects fuel into the intake tract or cylinder port.

Polaris sleds are not DI

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

100% incorrect......direct inject means that injection pulse occurs after the piston has moved past the ports and is in the compression portion of the stroke....thus the need for fuel pressures exceeding 500psi to overcome the pressure in the combustion chamber. It really has nothing to do with location of the injector being in the top of the head or side of the head or top side of the cylinder etc etc

How can fuel be injected after the pistons cover up the ports if the injector is not into the head or very top of the cylinder? 

The only way to achieve DI on a 2 stroke is with proper injector placement.

I am 100% correct.

1 minute ago, Legend said:

How can fuel be injected after the pistons cover up the ports if the injector is not into the head or very top of the cylinder? 

The only way to achieve DI on a 2 stroke is with proper injector placement.

I am 100% correct.

You said in the top of the head.....it can be anywhere above the exhaust port you idiot. Injector location has nothing to do with it......its when the injection occurs that makes it DI

There are SDI setups with the injectors in the top of the engine also but they cannot inject after the exhaust port is closed

You were 100% wrong as usual 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

You got fucking owned and apparently so did HSR although he didnt really argue :lol: also Legend had no idea what Direct Injection was :lol: 

You are no different than Passo or Northstarrick. Learn shit on the internet and pass it off like you know what the fuck you are talking about.

From reading your threads, you have no fucking clue on how turbo's, DI, or engine design works.

But whatever, you bought a clutch kit once and had someone help you install it and now your an expert.....:congrats:

Edited by Legend

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You said in the top of the head.....it can be anywhere above the exhaust port you idiot. Injector location has nothing to do with it......its when the injection occurs that makes it DI

There are SDI setups with the injectors in the top of the engine also but they cannot inject after the exhaust port is closed

You were 100% wrong as usual 

Again, you cannot have DI without proper injector placement.

Thanks for playing.

Just now, Legend said:

You are no different than Passo or Northstarrick. Learn shit on the internet and pass it off like you know what the fuck you are talking about.

From reading your threads, you have no fucking clue on how turbo's, DI, or engine design works.

But whatever, you bought a clue kit once and had someone help you install it and now your an expert.....:congrats:

I have 100% more experience than you....that is a fact you fucking idiot. I have owned and wrenched more modded sleds than you have seen. You are a fucking poser who got owned on what you thought you knew and now you are butthurt :lol: cry ass 

Just now, Legend said:

Again, you cannot have DI without proper injector placement.

Thanks for playing.

injector placement has nothing to do with it as long as injector is above exhaust port......fucking moron 

plenty of engines have injectors above exhaust port and are not DI.......god damn are you stupid. The whole issue with DI is fuel pressure and how to create it. The injector placement is rudimentary shit and not even worth mentioning :lol: 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I have 100% more experience than you....that is a fact you fucking idiot. I have owned and wrenched more modded sleds than you have seen. You are a fucking poser who got owned on what you thought you knew and now you are butthurt :lol: cry ass 

yeah I bet.

Id LOVE to have you show me in person your mechanical skills.

Ill buy the coors light.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

injector placement has nothing to do with it as long as injector is above exhaust port......fucking moron 

plenty of engines have injectors above exhaust port and are not DI.......god damn are you stupid. The whole issue with DI is fuel pressure and how to create it. The injector placement is rudimentary shit and not even worth mentioning :lol: 

You are one dense person.

direct injection injects into the COMBUSTION chamber NOT the intake tract. The placement is everything Ben the timing of the injector opening is for emissions and does not make it "Direct" the placement of the injector does. 

1 minute ago, HSR said:

direct injection injects into the COMBUSTION chamber NOT the intake tract. The placement is everything Ben the timing of the injector opening is for emissions and does not make it "Direct" the placement of the injector does. 

NO NO NO. Its all about fuel pressure and exhaust ports......haha

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Sorry HSR that is 100% incorrect......direct inject means the fuel is injected after the exhaust valve is closed requiring fuel pressures in excess of 500psi. The pressures are only able to be created by mechanical means.....mechanical injector coils are used to allow this. It allows for incredibly precise fuel control and efficiency since none of the fuel charge is lost out the exhaust port. 

5 minutes ago, Legend said:

I seem to recall A PM from you a couple years back asking about Polaris engines and how to keep them alive.......I'll have to look for that again....:groin:  @f7ben

Yah so what.....were you born with knowledge on every engine you ever worked on? 

Ben you are confusing fuel injection facts with direct injection facts. What I said is 100% correct I even provided you with a definition of DI. So tell me what the difference is between Semi-Direct injection and Direct injection. I'll help you,,,, it's the placement of the injectors :thumbsup:.

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Ben you are confusing fuel injection facts with direct injection facts. What I said is 100% correct I even provided you with a definition of DI. So tell me what the difference is between Semi-Direct injection and Direct injection. I'll help you,,,, it's the placement of the injectors :thumbsup:.

sure...SDI injects somewhere other than directly in the cylinder.....hence why its called SDI :lol: