Check your account email address ×

a question for the supposed patriots

Just now, Snoslinger said:

i'd prefer to be compared to people who are up on current events and can see things for what they are, especially when they're so obvious. so yes, thank you for comparing me to them. if i ever become as misinformed or dumb as some of you, i'd stay out of current events forums for starters. maybe even kill myself :lol:

Oh don't do that.  We wouldn't have anyone to laugh at any more.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

i'd prefer to be compared to people who are up on current events and can see things for what they are, especially when they're so obvious. so yes, thank you for comparing me to them. if i ever become as misinformed or dumb as some of you, i'd stay out of current events forums for starters. maybe even kill myself :lol:

MC?!?!!! He isn’t even current on his adult diaper that is on him... Well you offered... Time to pull the trigger. 

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

But not a single lib opposed it, NAY!  It was defended to the teeth!!!   Until the Dems lost.  Weird.

You talkin bout 2000 or 2016?  I never heard much “pro” talk for it.  Not that the founding fathers would even find it recognizable compared to its original inception.

I’ve always thought it was dumb. 

fsce rww brain trust....

"there's no way the guy that's in the video, robbing the bank, is the real bank robber. i think it's fake news. 

now on the other hand, hillary molests kids. i heard it on hannity last night and on facebook this morning. that's real news"

:lol:

Just now, Snoslinger said:

fsce rww brain trust....

"there's no way the guy that's in the video, robbing the bank, is the real bank robber. i think it's fake news. 

now on the other hand, hillary molests kids. i heard it on hannity last night and on facebook this morning. that's real news"

Mc, no one thought your little example was clever the first time...

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

fsce rww brain trust....

Keep grasping dude.  Eventually you will snag something.  :lmao: 

4 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

You talkin bout 2000 or 2016?  I never heard much “pro” talk for it.  Not that the founding fathers would even find it recognizable compared to its original inception.

I’ve always thought it was dumb. 

Why do you think it's dumb?  It's not fair that the east and west coast and large cities decide what's best for the rest of the nation.  I'd be interested in a "popular vote". But, the playing fields have to be fair and balanced.  That would mean only US citizens can vote (ONCE) and nobody on any government welfare program would be allowed to vote.

12 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

You are already dead from the neck up.

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

fsce rww brain trust....

Yet you have zero evidence of trump colluding with the Russian govt  :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why do you think it's dumb?  It's not fair that the east and west coast and large cities decide what's best for the rest of the nation.  I'd be interested in a "popular vote". But, the playing fields have to be fair and balanced.  That would mean only US citizens can vote (ONCE) and nobody on any government welfare program would be allowed to vote.

It’s dumb because of it’s very nature.  Either you like unnecessary bullshit or you don’t.  And so far I’m not convinced that the votes of people who live in highly populated areas should have their votes devalued as a handicap for the more rural areas.  One person, one vote.   Equal weighting.  

29 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

It’s dumb because of it’s very nature.  Either you like unnecessary bullshit or you don’t.  And so far I’m not convinced that the votes of people who live in highly populated areas should have their votes devalued as a handicap for the more rural areas.  One person, one vote.   Equal weighting.  

Little thing called the Constitution disagrees... something about an electoral college? So that highly brainwashed, I mean populated! Areas can't formulate a monopoly on the government? 

(I was paraphrasing, look it up) :thumbsup: :usflag: :hdchr:

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Little thing called the Constitution disagrees... something about an electoral college? So that highly brainwashed, I mean populated! Areas can't formulate a monopoly on the government? 

(I was paraphrasing, look it up) :thumbsup: :usflag: :hdchr:

That’s actually not the reason it was set up, as a last minute compromise no less.  What we think of as the electoral college now is nothing like that which was originally penned.  First, it was amended by the 12th amendment, then by the 14th.  Do you oppose those two measures?

Something you may find interesting:  Link

16 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

That’s actually not the reason it was set up, as a last minute compromise no less.  What we think of as the electoral college now is nothing like that which was originally penned.  First, it was amended by the 12th amendment, then by the 14th.  Do you oppose those two measures?

Something you may find interesting:  Link

The Electoral College was created for two reasons. The first purpose was to create a buffer between population and the selection of a President. The second as part of the structure of the government that gave extra power to the smaller states.

The first reason that the founders created the Electoral College is hard to understand today. The founding fathers were afraid of direct election to the Presidency. They feared a tyrant could manipulate public opinion and come to power. Hamilton wrote in the Federalist Papers:

It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief.

Yours or whomever it is whosever it is that your quoting seems to be interpreting something from the Hamilton quote that just isn’t there.  He just didn’t trust the general citizenry to make the decision and thought more qualified citizens (elites!!!) should make the decision for everyone else.  This should really rub you the wrong way and if you weren’t so hellbent on disagreeing with me you’d see that.

1D0A65E2-42EA-46DE-9070-A58C7960D161.gif

Sometimes I seriously wonder why I argue with the few on here. Then I think, well I could use some brushing up on my civics classes. So, the 12th amendment talks about opening the ballots in the house of Representatives in public, and a whole bunch of other olde gobble gobble. The 14th is referring to equal protection for voters... ?

Amendment XII

The electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; the President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted; the person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional

disability of the President. The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Amendment XIV

The Fourteenth Amendment, guaranteeing equal protection for all citizens, was necessary to secure for freed slaves the same rights as whites. Simply ending slavery was not enough. Prior to the Civil War, it was automatic in many states to treat blacks, whatever their status, as second-class citizens. A ruling by a court in Virginia in 1824 stated, without any effort at dissimulation, that, "And, yet, nobody has ever questioned the power of the legislature to deny to free blacks and mulattoes one of the fist privileges of a citizen -- that of voting at election."

10 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Yours or whomever it is whosever it is that your quoting seems to be interpreting something from the Hamilton quote that just isn’t there.  He just didn’t trust the general citizenry to make the decision and thought more qualified citizens (elites!!!) should make the decision for everyone else.  This should really rub you the wrong way and if you weren’t so hellbent on disagreeing with me you’d see that.

1D0A65E2-42EA-46DE-9070-A58C7960D161.gif

That's the 14th amendment genius! The equal opportunity to vote for ALL citizens! Are you actually reading what you"quote"??

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Like I said, it's a refresher on highschool civics, except this time I get to be the teacher:thumbsup:

Don't expect fresh red apples on your desk...and those aren't Baby Ruth's either.  :lmao:

I do love to watch the narrative and talking point shifts during these "lessons" though.  Real life debate classrooms give it a "F" grade...but in here, "Aaaaaaaaaaa's"

Image result for fonzie

• Haha 1