Check your account email address ×

a question for the supposed patriots

20 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Yours or whomever it is whosever it is that your quoting seems to be interpreting something from the Hamilton quote that just isn’t there.  He just didn’t trust the general citizenry to make the decision and thought more qualified citizens (elites!!!) should make the decision for everyone else.  This should really rub you the wrong way and if you weren’t so hellbent on disagreeing with me you’d see that.

1D0A65E2-42EA-46DE-9070-A58C7960D161.gif

:lol:

Dude....You were in my "one of the smarter liberals" box.  Now, I'm thinkin' some type of way about that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Just don't think too fucking hard, trying to understand has already got you talking sideways! :thumbsup:

:lol: Corrected it.  I wasn't "having second thoughts"...but was thinking about it.  I try to be somewhat intellectually honest in my posts....but, itsometimes falls apart under poor edits and grammar hacking.  :lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: Corrected it.  I wasn't "having second thoughts"...but was thinking about it.  I try to be somewhat intellectually honest in my posts....but, itsometimes falls apart under poor edits and grammar hacking.  :lmao:

Yeah, the typing area often screws up on me too. Go to delete something and, it sends the cursor half way into the paragraph, copies invisible letters on my screen. No worries, but it made me laugh, so I had to bust balls! ☺

35 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Sometimes I seriously wonder why I argue with the few on here. Then I think, well I could use some brushing up on my civics classes. So, the 12th amendment talks about opening the ballots in the house of Representatives in public, and a whole bunch of other olde gobble gobble. The 14th is referring to equal protection for voters... ?

Amendment XII

The electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; the President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted; the person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional

disability of the President. The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Amendment XIV

The Fourteenth Amendment, guaranteeing equal protection for all citizens, was necessary to secure for freed slaves the same rights as whites. Simply ending slavery was not enough. Prior to the Civil War, it was automatic in many states to treat blacks, whatever their status, as second-class citizens. A ruling by a court in Virginia in 1824 stated, without any effort at dissimulation, that, "And, yet, nobody has ever questioned the power of the legislature to deny to free blacks and mulattoes one of the fist privileges of a citizen -- that of voting at election."

There’s more to the 14th amendment than this.  Go here and look at sections 2 and 3.

30 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

That's the 14th amendment genius! The equal opportunity to vote for ALL citizens! Are you actually reading what you"quote"??

Again, no.  Fuck you’d make a bad teacher.  If the 14th amendment “fixed” your highlighted excerpt then we’d all be directly voting for the candidate of our choice when instead we’re still electing electors.      

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Dude....You were in my "one of the smarter liberals" box.  Now, I'm thinkin' some type of way about that.  

Dude, we’re basically on the same page on this so if you disagree with me then I guess you disagree with yourself which is weird.  Be cool.

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

Dude, we’re basically on the same page on this so if you disagree with me then I guess you disagree with yourself which is weird.  Be cool.

Wut?  Clearly you misinterpreted, misunderstood or misread the 14th with the comment you made.

That’s why I made that comment.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wut?  Clearly you misinterpreted, misunderstood or misread the 14th with the comment you made.

That’s why I made that comment.

All I’ve tried to state in regards to the 14th amendment is that it had implications that altered the electoral college along with other things from the original 1789 version.  This is just a fact if those even exist any more. :dunno:

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Sometimes, SOMETIMES?  You mean all the time!  :lol:

Neal

5 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sometimes, SOMETIMES?  You mean all the time!  :lol:

Neal

I can't heal your beta-cucked emasculation I've rained down on you.  All I can do is back off and let you heal yourself.  Don't throw stones at the wolf, you are only still alive because I enjoy the company of your guard dog.  :lol:

Hey @xtralettucetomatoe580  ....WOOF!  :lmao:

Image result for dog and wolf playing