Check your account email address ×

more caviar for the rich, cans of beans to the poor

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Why is the idea that the guy who brought the pie to the party taking a bigger piece a terrible thing?

The problem is they were already getting advantages that most of us were not. Corporations off shore about $90 billion in taxes every year. Not they dont have to. 

In the mean time we are getting further in debt, and the deficit is going up like 80% in 2018? The issue is there arent any responsible legislators in Washington doing anything about that and they are giving away pies they dont have. And they have us arguing about who is doing what and who is worse than who... Its destined for failure either way. 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I agree. Go after stores who sell outside the allowable list. Make the list smarter by linking the card to items. You can’t by some marb reds no matter what the store owner will allow. 

to do that right wouldn't be cheap either. not all stores have barcode systems. they'd also have to be linked to databses, monitored, updated etc. by an agency.  then at the end of the day though, someone trades their granola for a box of marb reds out in the parking lot. you are not going to stop the abuse, ever.

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

The problem is they were already getting advantages that most of us were not. Corporations off shore about $90 billion in taxes every year. Not they dont have to. 

In the mean time we are getting further in debt, and the deficit is going up like 80% in 2018? The issue is there arent any responsible legislators in Washington doing anything about that and they are giving away pies they dont have. And they have us arguing about who is doing what and who is worse than who... Its destined for failure either way. 

they'll still do it, as long as there's somewhere cheaper and there always will be.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

to do that right wouldn't be cheap either. not all stores have barcode systems. they'd also have to be linked to databses, monitored, updated etc. by an agency.  then at the end of the day though, someone trades their granola for a box of marb reds out in the parking lot. you are not going to stop the abuse, ever.

Or just sells their foodstamps for 50 cents on the dollar for cash.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

they'll still do it, as long as there's somewhere cheaper and there always will be.

Of course, thats the game. Always find more ways to save money. Too bad our govt doesnt do that. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Of course, thats the game. Always find more ways to save money. Too bad our govt doesnt do that. 

They don't do it because they don't know how. Its not something they ever did. They are almost all lawyers. What's the most important thing in a law office?

25 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

right so lets give them stuff with no real street value like canned meat veggies and and some beans and rice-  you know stuff they can feed their families not their drug habits with.  

50 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

right of course it is.   everyone should have the same there should be no winners and losers- haves and have nots.  SMH

We should expect more from people and when we don't get it from them we should try to abort as many of their spawn as possible to remove bad genes from the pool and stop the cycle.

I didn't say any of that.

What I am saying is Capitalism is so shitty that people would rather languish on welfare than work for a capitalist. 

38 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

capitalism in general is a good thing. it's the excessive greedy capitalism I despise.

'excessive' and 'greedy' are redundant descriptors of 'capitalism'.

This is the only kind of capitalism. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

right so lets give them stuff with no real street value like canned meat veggies and and some beans and rice-  you know stuff they can feed their families not their drug habits with.  

right, so poor guy A buys the food box from poor guy B for half of what it is worth. poor guy B now uses the money to buy drugs. you're not going to stop the drug addict dude. if it were that easy, he'd have stopped long ago.

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Why not have doctors and nurses visit the homes of people that get free health care?

Why not treat em at a VA hospital? No bill , no way to commit fraud. And no I'm not blaming the patient for the fraud. I'm blaming the provider.

Hey slinger where the fuck does it end? your side wants to coddle the "dreamers" and also wants to us to kiss the ass of the undocumated, lets take care of our own and fuck anybody else, after we take care of our own THEN worry about others, as a tax payer I am more worried about our own homeless and our homeless vets than some worthless POS that crosses OUR borders illegally  or some POS that wants to make a career out of collecting welfare, so where does it end what's the next group you liberal dumb asses think I should have to support, lets here it. I am concerned about the  homeless vet under the bridge and not some 3rd generation welfare bum eating prime rib on my coin

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

I love how you ignore the question. obviously there is some abuse in the system, as illustrated in the example I gave you. if you like, increase the number of cases if you like.

Your question is irrelevant as the current system like many other government programs is broken. 

zoom in on this map. it is where MN welfare money is spent .

the DFL went to a judge the first day of the state faire to force the GOP booth to take it down in 09. 

one can only assume  with the explosion in welfare paid out in MN since 08 any new map would be instantly banned from public viewing

20080807_welfaremap_33.jpg