Check your account email address ×

ontario shed nearly 60,000 jobs after massive minimum wage hike

Rod

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

You do know that employment was down across the country :dunno:  How much of that was due to SEARS? 

Glad you read another meme and posted about it :lol:  

You do know that people don’t start companies with the sole idea of getting fleeced by lazy slackers like you ? 

It won't last. All of the cities in the United States that raised minimum wage have been doing great, that's why all of those boo hoo butthurt beat offs who were bitching about it haven't said shit since. 

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

It won't last. All of the cities in the United States that raised minimum wage have been doing great, that's why all of those boo hoo butthurt beat offs who were bitching about it haven't said shit since. 

It works on the local level for sure. National, not so much. What you can pay in NYC isn’t the same as West Virginia or Oklahoma. I think that’s the way to handle it.

8 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Yeah.  Those jobs are all coming back.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Seattle homeless population unsheltered increased 44% in 2 years........  rest of the country homeless population increased just a couple percent 

http://www.king5.com/mobile/article/news/local/homeless/seattles-homeless-population-grows-more-than-40-percent-in-two-years/281-497511264

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Seattle homeless population unsheltered increased 44% in 2 years........  rest of the country homeless population increased just a couple percent 

http://www.king5.com/mobile/article/news/local/homeless/seattles-homeless-population-grows-more-than-40-percent-in-two-years/281-497511264

Right.  It’s working out well.

• Gold Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

Right.  It’s working out well.

Fucking Seattle is selling city owned government property to private wealthy individuals and corporations to fund homeless population cause they don’t have skill to have $15 an hour job...  they would be employable at $8 an hour though and off the streets but not $15.  Homeless populations are exploding in the West’s high minimum wage cities, so much so that state of emergencies has been declared.

can you imagine trump sell government owned property to generate funds????  Holy shit come apart by the left would commence.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Fucking Seattle is selling city owned government property to private wealthy individuals and corporations to fund homeless population cause they don’t have skill to have $15 an hour job...  they would be employable at $8 an hour though and off the streets but not $15.  Homeless populations are exploding in the West’s high minimum wage cities, so much so that state of emergencies has been declared.

can you imagine trump sell government owned property to generate funds????  Holy shit come apart by the left would commence.

Yep.  After all the stupid liberal writers lauded this as a “win” for raising the minimum wage after only a few months, plenty of studies have come out that shows EXACTLY what it did.  It’s taxing the shit out of the city.  Fail.

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

You do know that employment was down across the country :dunno:  How much of that was due to SEARS? 

http://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/update-1-canada-sheds-88000-jobs-in-jan-biggest-decline-since-2009

22 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

yeah that is why almost every fast food chain has self order stations a shit load of sit down chains have self ordering at the table  most stores have self service check outs .  this is why shit loads of service stations are closed at 7 now and closed all weekend with nothing open but the pumps . it is why shit loads  pizza joints have a delivery charge now . 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah that is why almost every fast food chain has self order stations a shit load of sit down chains have self ordering at the table  most stores have self service check outs .  this is why shit loads of service stations are closed at 7 now and closed all weekend with nothing open but the pumps . it is why shit loads  pizza joints have a delivery charge now . 

Yeah well they were headed that way anyway. Just like how the entire world has been automating production for the last 40 years. Idiot. 

50 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

:lol:

18 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Yeah well they were headed that way anyway. Just like how the entire world has been automating production for the last 40 years. Idiot. 

so that is why service stations are now closed early and on weekends ?

I can tell you 1 thing I am not paying some dipshit 15bucks a hr to teach them a trade .    

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

It works on the local level for sure. National, not so much. What you can pay in NYC isn’t the same as West Virginia or Oklahoma. I think that’s the way to handle it.

I agree, wages vary geographically. Prevailing wages set in Davis bacon vary per county.

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so that is why service stations are now closed early and on weekends ?

I can tell you 1 thing I am not paying some dipshit 15bucks a hr to teach them a trade .    

Huh? 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lies: and :bullshit: from WRONG AGAIN FAIL it ticked up 2 tenths to 5.9 

Edited by Momorider

11 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Huh? 

what is confusing you ?

the fact I wont pay some dipshit 15 bucks a hr to teach them a trade

or the fact that because of the high min wage most service stations are now closed after 6 and on weekends with just cards at the pump ?

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

what is confusing you ?

the fact I wont pay some dipshit 15 bucks a hr to teach them a trade

or the fact that because of the high min wage most service stations are now closed after 6 and on weekends with just cards at the pump ?

I don't care, you're a beat off. 

so you would pay some know nothing dip shit 15 bucks to train them to do your job then ?  yeah sure you would. fucking  tool

10 bucks I can afford to keep them around to move some shit and sweep and then teach them something when I have time. 15 not worth it when I can hire a guy who knows how to use a saw and read a tape for 20 all day . keeping a lot of people out of work is what this dose