Check your account email address ×

ontario shed nearly 60,000 jobs after massive minimum wage hike

Rod

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:  Again...simply astonishing!  From YOUR paper!

Chicago area leads U.S. in population loss, sees drop for 2nd year in a row

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-census-population-loss-met-20170322-story.html

Chicago AREA... As I mentioned they are building like crazy IN Chicago. :bc:

Also pushing out alot of the undesirables in certain neighborhoods and transforming those areas. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

So you pay someone an extra $5 an hour and the cost of a hamburger goes up $.35. not $5. It will have a benefit. And now those vendors have more potential customers with more expendable income. Henry Ford did this experiment with great success. It works

But a $5 increase will not increase a hamburger .35 , More like $1 , grocereries will go 5=10 % . The cost of everything with labor making less then $75k a yr will go up. 

Mass required every employer to offer health ins a few yrs back. Now a lunch in Mass is anywhere from $11-$18 I'm talking a sandwich and a soda. In NH it can be had for $6-8 . When working in NH I buy a lunch. When working in Mass I bring one.

5 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Also pushing out alot of the undesirables in certain neighborhoods and transforming those areas. 

I love the bold.  "Undesirables"...those fuckers that aren''t worth the "minimum wages"!!!   AMIRTIE!!!!  I like arguing with you...if I do it long enough, you eventually just agree with me...even if you don't know it.  :lol: There's brains in that melon.....and they leak out sooner or later!!!!

From the article...just one of many.

Of the country's 10 largest cities, the Chicago metropolitan statistical area was the only one to drop in population between 2015 and 2016. The region, defined by the U.S. Census Bureau, includes the city and suburbs and extends into Wisconsin and Indiana.

By most estimates, the Chicago area's population will continue to decline in the coming years. Over the past year, the Tribune surveyed dozens of former residents who've packed up in recent years and they cited a variety of reasons: high taxes, the state budget stalemate, crime, the unemployment rate and weather.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:  Again...simply astonishing!  From YOUR paper!

Chicago area leads U.S. in population loss, sees drop for 2nd year in a row

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-census-population-loss-met-20170322-story.html

The region has seen a loss, but there have been other gains and it's not paupers moving into these buildings.

47 tower cranes is amazing $$$$$$$$$$$ :fluffy: 

Mapping the 47 high-rises under construction in Chicago

The Windy City has dozens of projects over 100 feet tall currently in the works

By Jay Koziarz  Dec 28, 2017, 2:32pm CST

1 Vista Tower

The 1,186-foot tall luxury hotel and condo tower from Chicago-based Magellan Development and China's Dalian Wanda Group will eventually climb its way to the title of Chicago's third tallest building when it is completed in 2020. Designed by starchitect Jeanne Gang, the riverfront project will deliver 210 luxury hotel rooms and 406 private condominiums priced between $1 million and $18 million.

2 One Grant Park

Penned by architect Rafael Viñoly, One Grant Park is quickly rising at the south end of its eponymous downtown green space. Developed by Crescent Heights, the 76-story rental tower will feature 792 apartments and is poised to become Chicago's tallest skyscraper south of the Willis Tower when it opens in 2019.

3 One Bennett Park

At 843 feet, this slender residential tower in Chicago’s Streeterville neighborhood is hard to ignore. Designed by New York's Robert A.M. Stern Architects and developed by Related Midwest, the Art Deco-inspired high-rise will feature a mix of rental apartments and for-sale condominiums. A 1.7 acre park at the base of the tower is also getting a major makeover by noted landscape architect Michael Van Valkenburgh.

https://chicago.curbed.com/maps/high-rise-tower-skyscraper-construction-map

7 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

How as Michigan yesterday? Wiscony was OK, looks like about 5" of fresh on the sleds this morning, my wife says the RS has more snort than her 2015 6000.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

How as Michigan yesterday? Wiscony was OK, looks like about 5" of fresh on the sleds this morning, my wife says the RS has more snort than her 2015 6000.

They had plenty of snow but trails weren't that great. Alot of traffic. 

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I love the bold.  "Undesirables"...those fuckers that aren''t worth the "minimum wages"!!!   AMIRTIE!!!!  I like arguing with you...if I do it long enough, you eventually just agree with me...even if you don't know it.  :lol: There's brains in that melon.....and they leak out sooner or later!!!!

From the article...just one of many.

Of the country's 10 largest cities, the Chicago metropolitan statistical area was the only one to drop in population between 2015 and 2016. The region, defined by the U.S. Census Bureau, includes the city and suburbs and extends into Wisconsin and Indiana.

By most estimates, the Chicago area's population will continue to decline in the coming years. Over the past year, the Tribune surveyed dozens of former residents who've packed up in recent years and they cited a variety of reasons: high taxes, the state budget stalemate, crime, the unemployment rate and weather.

Chicago metropolitan area consists of 21 counties in 4 states. CHICAGO is one city in one county. 

And I don't get why companies want to move there but many are. Downtown is going gangbusters with growth. And highest wages in the country. Probably why people want to live there. 

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The region has seen a loss, but there have been other gains and it's not paupers moving into these buildings.

47 tower cranes is amazing $$$$$$$$$$$ :fluffy: 

Yep..."other gains".  We are seeing some of the shedding of the "unwanted" up here from Chicago.  We ship them back down their for thier court dates when we can...but we get'em set up with housing and a nice paycheck as soon as we can for the most part.  Ahhhhh.....librulz!  I think we are having a record homeless year too!!!  Think the counsel just past a new budget to get them some housing and are now working on a "homelss bill of rights"...whatever the fuck that means.

#librulwinning.

And don't give yourself credit for having brains, you yourself highlighted METROPOLITAN AREA and then associated that with the minimum wage in CHICAGO. you don't even know the difference. My brain FTMFW!

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Chicago metropolitan area consists of 21 counties in 4 states. CHICAGO is one city in one county. 

And I don't get why companies want to move there but many are. Downtown is going gangbusters with growth. And highest wages in the country. Probably why people want to live there. 

Actually on a list of the top 20 they are 19th  meaning 18 have higher wages.

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-places-to-live-in-america-for-a-high-salary-2016-3/#19-chicago-illinois-2

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-places-to-live-in-america-for-a-high-salary-2016-3/#19-chicago-illinois-2

Sorry you may be correct, I was referring to union wages. 

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Yes, my bolds you quoted covered this.

Chicago is no different than many cities like it.  It is going strong white/grey collar with skilled/experienced work.  That's good.  Problem is, it leaves out most of society that started and grew these large cities and ushers them out.  From a Social Darwinistic standpoint (Me), that's good and fine.  From a liberal standpoint (you? and others here?) it shouldn't be.  But look!!!  Look how NYC crime rates are down!  Getting rid of those "undesirables", but still pandering for their votes....and getting them  O.o

This is why @motonoggin  and his boyband hate Democrat Liberals.  And so do real liberals.  You really aren't liberal in the old term at all. But it's fun to pretend "for the greater common good"!!

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ballsack and Nazi Pig Dog stupidest FUCKS on the site :owned: again 

7 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

And don't give yourself credit for having brains, you yourself highlighted METROPOLITAN AREA and then associated that with the minimum wage in CHICAGO. you don't even know the difference. My brain FTMFW!

Read the article.  Or would you rather I find you a different one.  The subject was "loss of population".

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep..."other gains".  We are seeing some of the shedding of the "unwanted" up here from Chicago.  We ship them back down their for thier court dates when we can...but we get'em set up with housing and a nice paycheck as soon as we can for the most part.  Ahhhhh.....librulz!  I think we are having a record homeless year too!!!  Think the counsel just past a new budget to get them some housing and are now working on a "homelss bill of rights"...whatever the fuck that means.

#librulwinning.

I'm riding yesterday and today in southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois, you're whacking off on the net in Duluth....think about that :thumbsup:

Time to ride on the fresh overnight snow.... and it's still snowing :fluffy: 

16 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm riding yesterday and today in southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois, you're whacking off on the net in Duluth....think about that :thumbsup:

Time to ride on the fresh overnight snow.... and it's still snowing :fluffy: 

I rode yesterday, and gonna ride today too.  Only from my driveway.  :lol: SBYL.  

12 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

They don't build billions and billionzzzz of dollars in real estate in declining markets. But you're smart, you knew that... 

Real estate isn't declining you numbskull.  Is any of this gonna be for "minimum wagers"?

Again...ASTONISHING!!!  

56 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I rode yesterday, and gonna ride today too.  Only from my driveway.  :lol: SBYL.  

Real estate isn't declining you numbskull.  Is any of this gonna be for "minimum wagers"?

Again...ASTONISHING!!!  

Keep spinning zamslinger...