Check your account email address ×

Entitled Capitalist Flips Out At Student Employee For Quitting Crappy Low Wage Job

Entitled Capitalist Flips Out At Student Employee For Quitting Crappy Low Wage Job

http://www.twisttheknife.com/entitled-capitalist-flips-college-student-quitting-shitty-low-wage-job/

Capitalists, especially a lot of small business owners, often act as though they have walked on miles and miles of stormy water to deliver you their shitty, low-wage, dead-end job in a holy chalice once used by the holy lord Adam Smith himself. Of course, the truth is that you have, for the time being, agreed to sell them your labor at exploitation prices because it makes some kind of sense to do so for the time being. That’s the way the free market they worship works. They don’t ‘own’ you, as much as they would like that to be the case. No, you’re free to quit their shitty job at any time if something better comes along or the situation of your life changes so it is no longer worth it to you to line their pockets with gold as they profit off your time. Despite this, as the emails below suggest, some capitalists believe we should all be licking their balls in gratitude for the opportunity to have our labor exploited for their benefit.

Nutters sandwich shop in Newark, Delaware, recently became the subject of a viral facebook post by a college student who was hired to work this coming Spring but then decided that the job was not a good fit for her life at this time. Instead of replying in anything approaching a professional manner, the owner of the restaurant went on a tirade insulting the student and taking swipes at the entire “millennial” generation from which she ostensibly belongs (not, if she’s a current college student, she very likely isn’t even a millennial, but generation ‘Z’ or whatever, but I digress).

Check out the emails she posted to facebook below. As a bonus, I found an exchange between the owner and someone leaving them a negative review. Enjoy.

26904578_1709024189148916_6454411681280948407_n.jpg

26907062_1709024185815583_347793495054290508_n.jpg

16299281_1709024209148914_8529864903782097366_n.jpg

His letter was unprofessional.  That’s about it.  Uncontrolled emotions brought on by stress is why many small businesses fail or are just abandoned.

Not sure how this is a “Capitalist flipping out” and the preface by that hack from “twist the knife” is a retard.

1 minute ago, JEFF said:

And young Americans think they’re too good to have a measly hourly wage job.

Kinda leaves Mr Businessman fucked. Who will the republicans blame now? 

Edited by spin_dry

P

7 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Buddy owns a Dairy Queen and yes young kids are very aggravating. Often just make it through training and quit. 

My neighbor had a very large landscaping company,  he sold all the equipment, sold his contracts and his 10 acre buisness location which used to be a large lumber yard

He gave it up because he couldnt find people to work and the ones that did either stole from him or wrecked his equipment

I gave up on employees in 2002, got rid of my shop and changed the way I did business so I did need employees, guys would steal shit for their side projects or eventually start working on their own and start hitting up my customers

The final straw was the day I had a customer onntheir way to pic up a 65 chevelle, employee burned the fender and set the buffing wheel down and went home, never said a word to me, but he still needed his check friday

2 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

I gave up on employees in 2002, got rid of my shop and changed the way I did business so I did need employees, guys would steal shit for their side projects or eventually start working on their own and start hitting up my customers

The final straw was the day I had a customer onntheir way to pic up a 65 chevelle, employee burned the fender and set the buffing wheel down and went home, never said a word to me, but he still needed his check friday

Employees have no faults, just employers.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Respect goes a long way.... employees are like children....most children behave badly because of their parents. Difference is employees dont need to like you to respect you.

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Respect goes a long way.... employees are like children....most children behave badly because of their parents. Difference is employees dont need to like you to respect you.

On my last job my best guy quit because his girlfriend had a baby and he didn’t want to pay child support. He was going to work for his buddy cutting grass for cash under the table. :lol:The guy was making bank and had great opportunities ahead. It’s almost hard to believe how stupid people are...

36 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

I gave up on employees in 2002, got rid of my shop and changed the way I did business so I did (not) need employees, guys would steal shit for their side projects or eventually start working on their own and start hitting up my customers

I know a lot of guys doing the same. Right now, we are completely  swamped with a waiting list, but I would rather have no one, than thinking I have someone. Easier to schedule work.  I will say, we have a great kid (21) . I have not seen a young person work like this in 15 years.  I don't even know if the kid has a cell phone, sick grandma, peanut allergy, hemorrhoids,.     

I stop in the local party store and the same guy is always there, morning, noon, or night,  7 days a week. So I ask him, do you ever take a day off?

He tells me," I would, but I can't find anyone to work". "They steal me blind and don't show up".      

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I know a lot of guys doing the same. Right now, we are completely  swamped with a waiting list, but I would rather have no one, than thinking I have someone. Easier to schedule work.  I will say, we have a great kid (21) . I have not seen a young person work like this in 15 years.  I don't even know if the kid has a cell phone, sick grandma, peanut allergy, hemorrhoids,.     

Ive got a good one. He is 24. Been with me since he was 19 . Started at the bottom. Never bitched. Never uses phone cept to call me or a customer. Does his paperwork correctly and customers love him. Wish I could find 3 more like him.

36 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I had one guy who worked for me for 4 yrs, never stole material or work, great guy, but ended up quiting because i was moving my shop and he didnt want to drive 12 miles to work, long story short I bought his house right before the forecloser, then watched his jet skies get re'poed from the back yard, then prolly 6 months later seen his tahoe at the auction

Edited by MiSledder

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Employees have no faults, just employers.

In a small business with only a few employees ive found that the employees will eventually feel like theyre doing all the work and the owner is rich, resentment builds and they leave

Forget about the 24 hour days and sleeping in the minivan in the shop I used to do, all the yrs I spent paying everyone besides myself to keep it going, i coukd go on but no one cares lol

28 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ive got a good one. He is 24. Been with me since he was 19 . Started at the bottom. Never bitched. Never uses phone cept to call me or a customer. Does his paperwork correctly and customers love him. Wish I could find 3 more like him.

1 in 20 are good employees, better take care of him

4 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

In a small business with only a few employees ive found that the employees will eventually feel like theyre doing all the work and the owner is rich, resentment builds and they leave

Forget about the 24 hour days and sleeping in the minivan in the shop I used to do, all the yrs I spent paying everyone besides myself to keep it going, i coukd go on but no one cares lol

It's hard to grow a business beyond oneself.  At this stage in my life I am downloading as much as I can.

One of our foreman has a 19 year old son and we just got him enrolled in the apprentice program. He was working at a pizza joint by his house. When he told the pizza joint owner he was leaving because he got a union job the dude flipped out on him and got all up in his face. Guy was threatening him like he was gonna kick his ass or something. I thought minimum wage wasn't supposed to be a career job?

My daughter goes to msu, she works for msu also, i wish i had the energy to share all her co workers excuses for not showing up :lol:

Kids have ootions, not obligations

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Stay tuned for the next episode of 

The Petite Bourgeois Whine About How Exploiting Labor is Hard Work

Is failing a drug test an exploiting labor?