Check your account email address ×

Have I mentioned

Anler

18 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Honestly, don,t waste your time and money on them. If you think you need to stud it, use real studs. The screw in type are totally useless, and will give you a false sense of security, until you crash on an icy corner, and then kick yourself in the ass for not listening, and believing us. 

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

No, I'm talking about an ice cobra 1.6 with the automotive type studs, I had it on my Nytro and I got me that little bit of grip I was looking for in a swept icy corner.. I'm on a six hundy, so not like I'm out drag racing it or anything :lol:

I can't remember how many miles I put on my Ice Ripper before I swapped it out and studded.  I think maybe 1000 or so.  It was a well made track.  I never lost a stud.  It did well for what it was designed to do.  Not the bite or hold of real studs but no question that it worked better than not having them.  All in all a good all around track and it sounds like it may be good for you.  Less ratating weight and no muss/no fuss of studs.

:bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude....you are such a faggot

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You don't need studs.

On my sled - the stud sits on the sled - not in the track - so I don’t need studs like you two MN limp-wristers :thumbsup:

Edited by SnowRider
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Have you got that 1004 reliable and trailable yet ? 

I'm just working on it now. I was getting 150psi compression when warmed up after several heat cycles. That is too high for pump gas. I failed to take precise measurements of everything before assembly and just went by what others had done. I pulled a head today and the supposedly stock heads I bought had been cut .010 so that is part of my issue right there. 

I need to buy a Burette so I can CC the combustion chambers. I am considering doubling up a set of stock cat base gaskets and seeing where I am at. I plan to have it ready by midweek next week and take it north for a couple days of riding river

• Like 1

Just now, SnowRider said:

On my sled - the stud sits in the seat - not in the track - so I don’t need studs like you two MN limp-wristers :thumbsup:

You would be lost riding with me. Completely lost

Just now, f7ben said:

You would be lost riding with me. Completely lost

That’s right - I’d be on the trail or have the sled up right moving towards my destination - not in the trees or blown to fuck somewhere along the way :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Just now, SnowRider said:

I’d be dodging trees and hanging skis - not wrapping it around a tree.....:thumbsup:

Skis dont "hang" without studs retard......you mean spinning tracks and blowing dudes

• Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Skis dont "hang" without studs retard......you mean spinning tracks and blowing dudes

I mean riding - not fucking shit up like bennytoomany :thumbsup:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's half the fun.:thumbsup:

I can tell stories for hours about the laughs I've had and the money I've wasted doing it. Dont regret and second of it ....fuck riding with people that have an itinerary mapped out down to the hour ......have a water with their hamburger at trailstops and get pissed when someone wants to have a smoke break at the warming hut

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm just working on it now. I was getting 150psi compression when warmed up after several heat cycles. That is too high for pump gas. I failed to take precise measurements of everything before assembly and just went by what others had done. I pulled a head today and the supposedly stock heads I bought had been cut .010 so that is part of my issue right there. 

I need to buy a Burette so I can CC the combustion chambers. I am considering doubling up a set of stock cat base gaskets and seeing where I am at. I plan to have it ready by midweek next week and take it north for a couple days of riding river

Be patient, and make sure everything is where you need it to be, before heading out on a long trip.

Take your Polaris instead, it would be a sin to mess up that nice motor before you get it 100 % sorted out.

By the way, that,s a great looking sled. 

Just now, Frostynuts said:

Be patient, and make sure everything is where you need it to be, before heading out on a long trip.

Take your Polaris instead, it would be a sin to mess up that nice motor before you get it 100 % sorted out.

By the way, that,s a great looking sled. 

Thanks man ....she's a real peach :lol: I'll have it right. I should have ordered a Burette years ago but I have been messing with 4 strokes for so long I never thought I would have to cc a head or deal with any 2stroke stuff again.  

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I can tell stories for hours about the laughs I've had and the money I've wasted doing it. Dont regret and second of it ....fuck riding with people that have an itinerary mapped out down to the hour ......have a water with their hamburger at trailstops and get pissed when someone wants to have a smoke break at the warming hut

The axys sucks for beer carrying ability..😤

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just a piece of glass or lexan with a hole in the middle and a syringe is all you will need. No point in over complicating the problem.

20 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Just a piece of glass or lexan with a hole in the middle and a syringe is all you will need. No point in over complicating the problem.

Well it would have to be a pretty accurate syringe ....I dont have one of those and if I did I would just do it with the heads on the sled 

Just now, f7ben said:

Well it would have to be a pretty accurate syringe ....I dont have one of those and if I did I would just do it with the heads on the sled 

Head on the Sled? how is that going to give you the cc of the head?  The pistons are domed so unless someone has done a ton of that kind of measuring  experience and can give you an exact number.  With a 10 cc syringe you will be able to be plus or minus a half a cc over three heads. 

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Head on the Sled? how is that going to give you the cc of the head?  The pistons are domed so unless someone has done a ton of that kind of measuring  experience and can give you an exact number.  With a 10 cc syringe you will be able to be plus or minus a half a cc over three heads. 

Doing it on the sled is more relevant to compression ratio than doing it on a plate.......I'd rather know the total combustion chamber volume than the volume of the head.