Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:12 AM, DriftBusta said:

So buy a bunch of cds or a spia.  Problem solved.

CD's, I have to leave them in for a certain time. I don't like that.

SPIA ………………..nevah heard of them.  

26 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

CD's, I have to leave them in for a certain time. I don't like that.

SPIA ………………..nevah heard of them.  

CDs are the least you can do with your money.  SPIA=Single premium immediate annuity

28 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You mean like selling and moving to private equity? That kind of beta move?

I never sold anything.  The private equity has averaged over 14% since 2013 and is market immune.   New investments are going there. 

Beta move?

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

What's this PRIVATE EQUITY Stuff???? 

It started out as my cottage fund that I have been building and have kept immune from the markets.  Ask your Fidelity guys next time they meet in in the basement before they walk you upstairs, or any financial adviser really where the best very low risk highest return investment is?  They won't have a good answer for you beyond GIC's/CD's.

With private investing you need to do you due diligence since they do not have to report quarterly statements to securities regulators and deal with accredited investors only, at least the ones I'm in or looking at.  You should have no problem meeting that criteria.  So I found this company last year mentioned in an article and started doing some research, chatted with one of the directors and  moved my cottage funds to date between two of their private REIT's.  Since then I have consolidated into just one and in two years I should be where I need to be start that project (1 million).  But its looking more like I will mortgage that amount and keep adding to it when the time comes as the cash flow will more than carry the principle and interest and return of capital pays no taxes until the original investment has been returned.

The REIT I picked is Skyline Retail REIT.  It currently pays out 7.8% as a return of capital and has averaged over 14% return since inception (capital appreciation) or you would need a 20% GIC to keep pace with that.  It actually beats my equities by a tad if I re-invest the distributions and I have zero concerns with the market.   Just another place for investors to look at.

There are a few others I am looking into as well but they are not as good as this one IMO. 

https://www.skylineonline.ca/assets/SWMI-Files/InfoSheets/Skyline-Retail-REIT-Info-Sheet.pdf

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It started out as my cottage fund that I have been building and have kept immune from the markets.  Ask your Fidelity guys next time they meet in in the basement before they walk you upstairs, or any financial adviser really where the best very low risk highest return investment is?  They won't have a good answer for you beyond GIC's/CD's.

With private investing you need to do you due diligence since they do not have to report quarterly statements to securities regulators and deal with accredited investors only, at least the ones I'm in or looking at.  You should have no problem meeting that criteria.  So I found this company last year mentioned in an article and started doing some research, chatted with one of the directors and  moved my cottage funds to date between two of their private REIT's.  Since then I have consolidated into just one and in two years I should be where I need to be start that project (1 million).  But its looking more like I will mortgage that amount and keep adding to it when the time comes as the cash flow will more than carry the principle and interest and return of capital pays no taxes until the original investment has been returned.

The REIT I picked is Skyline Retail REIT.  It currently pays out 7.8% as a return of capital and has averaged over 14% return since inception (capital appreciation) or you would need a 20% GIC to keep pace with that.  It actually beats my equities by a tad if I re-invest the distributions and I have zero concerns with the market.   Just another place for investors to look at.

There are a few others I am looking into as well but they are not as good as this one IMO. 

https://www.skylineonline.ca/assets/SWMI-Files/InfoSheets/Skyline-Retail-REIT-Info-Sheet.pdf

I was looking at some private REITs but many have a minimum buy in of $5 mil. Im not quite there yet. :lol: 

32 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was looking at some private REITs but many have a minimum buy in of $5 mil. Im not quite there yet. :lol: 

I've put some money into public ones as well.  They are great for diversification.

My brothers FIL made a small fortune as a builder and has most of his holdings in private commercial real estate with joint partners. Its even harder to get out of than sole-ownership ventures and the other partners have to buy you out or squeeze you out, but the cashflow is about the same except its all interest.  The REITs are great as they give you better returns without the headache and are much more liquid, the private ones have a one month hold.

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It's going to crash.....you can feel it. This .market had a good run and now it's time for pain.

:wtf:    :lol:  God will you pick up a Wall Street Journal, start another thread and quit trolling up this one?!

Just now, DriftBusta said:

:wtf:    :lol:  God will you pick up a Wall Street Journal, start another thread and quit trolling up this one?!

People like Ben have no business investing in the market

1 hour ago, STUMPY said:

People like Ben have no business investing in the market

Hey dumbass crybaby faggot......I bet you there isnt anyone on this forum with a better ytd return than me this year.

Fucking moron

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey dumbass crybaby faggot......I bet you there isnt anyone on this forum with a better ytd return than me this year.

Fucking moron

I bet youre wrong.

Just now, f7ben said:

Derp

Thats what i expected from you.

You play the market like you play with your cars and sleds don't have a fucking clue what you're doing.

1 minute ago, STUMPY said:

Thats what i expected from you.

You play the market like you play with your cars and sleds don't have a fucking clue what you're doing.

:lol: you are the dumbest motherfucker here. Running your mouth and latching on to whatever argument someone else is making. You've proven time and time again to be ignorant and unbelievably annoying. How about you just kill yourself.

Just now, f7ben said:

:lol: you are the dumbest motherfucker here. Running your mouth and latching on to whatever argument someone else is making. You've proven time and time again to be ignorant and unbelievably annoying. How about you just kill yourself.

So you haven't wasted money on sleds or cars by Smashing them up????

On January 20, 2017 the Dow average was 19,827.25

Yesterday the average was 24,289.95.

Obama took office with the Dow 7,949.09

He left office with the Dow at 19,732.

To equal Obama’s performance Trump will need close to a Dow of 50,000.

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

$50,000....????

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Smh.  On so many levels.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So.....who wants to bet on whether we retest December lows or not?

I will bet you $100 that we do.  If I win, you will have to donate your $100 to the FOP Wasilla branch.  Our boys need some new gear and uniforms.