Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I see your lame meme and I counter with facts. 

By this time in their presidencies Obama and Clinton destroyed Trump and Bush. 

EE3E173F-5B71-4F4F-BEB1-1FF95AA1B801.png

The percentage game looks good when you start off with DOW levels in 2009 we first saw in 1997.  The US economy is simply too powerful for one person, even the President, to completely steer the ship.

We are in a 10+ year bull market.  The market will correct at some point here.  People like @f7ben will panic.  @DriftBusta will be trying to keep people from stuffing their life savings in their mattress.  @Zambroski will lose the $150k he didn't cash in on.  Meanwhile, I'll keep buying at the discount levels.

image.thumb.png.0567f48031b46924ae83b4502c38a73b.png

33 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The percentage game looks good when you start off with DOW levels in 2009 we first saw in 1997.  The US economy is simply too powerful for one person, even the President, to completely steer the ship.

We are in a 10+ year bull market.  The market will correct at some point here.  People like @f7ben will panic.  @DriftBusta will be trying to keep people from stuffing their life savings in their mattress.  @Zambroski will lose the $150k he didn't cash in on.  Meanwhile, I'll keep buying at the discount levels.

It really takes a special kind of idiot to forget that little tidbit.

Second bold:  Really is the only tried and true method for success in the markets.  Don't waste your time listening to market noise and knee jerk risk avoidance stupidity esp when you are young.  You will pay for that mistake dearly. 

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It really takes a special kind of idiot to forget that little tidbit.

Second bold:  Really is the only tried and true method for success in the markets.  Don't waste your time listening to market noise and knee jerk risk avoidance stupidity esp when you are young.  You will pay for that mistake dearly. 

Derp.....derp derp derp

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

What a fucking annoying day today. Everyone knows this market is going lower. Quit fighting it and let it die. 

Needs a trigger. This is just normal momentum. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Needs a trigger. This is just normal momentum. 

It's a really pathetic attempt at a bounce. Wouldnt be surprised if every index closed red today

Just now, f7ben said:

It's a really pathetic attempt at a bounce. Wouldnt be surprised if every index closed red today

Maybe. But if you want a catastrophe you will need some catastrophic news. But by the time that news gets to us it will be too late. 

Just now, Anler said:

Maybe. But if you want a catastrophe you will need some catastrophic news. But by the time that news gets to us it will be too late. 

The catastrophe has happened. Now...if people are looking for upside they will need incredibly positive news and unfortunately there is zero on the horizon.

The catastrophe has happened. Now...if people are looking for upside they will need incredibly positive news and unfortunately there is zero on the horizon.

Good news would be a trade deal with China. Probably not going to happen. Need a war or massive attack to get things rolling. :bc: 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Good news would be a trade deal with China. Probably not going to happen. Need a war or massive attack to get things rolling. :bc: 

No trade deal , shrinking profits and revenue.....federal reserve with few bullets in the gun....countless macro economic catalysts for downside from Iran to Europe falling apart.

No trade deal , shrinking profits and revenue.....federal reserve with few bullets in the gun....countless macro economic catalysts for downside from Iran to Europe falling apart.

We all know a slowdown is coming.  Then why will this time be no different than before and stupid derp betas always lose their life savings.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We all know a slowdown is coming.  Then why will this time be no different than before and stupid derp betas always lose their life savings.

What the fuck did you just say? It's pretty far from a rational thought. Seriously derpy

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Anyone can pick a time frame.  Anyone can try and give Obama credit for the market returning to its previous high under Bush.  However, Trump blows him away if we’re going to count number of all time highs in his first 3 years.  Please do what you want but save your prognostications about how I do my job. 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Poor stupid ass ArcricBeta.....Barb is making more on his GICs than the S&P is returning

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/06/the-stock-market-is-exactly-where-it-was-one-year-ago.html

Poor stupid ass Ben.  One guys been investing 20 plus years and has the results to show.  Only you would shit on that.  Derp.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

High stakes right now.  Hold on tight.  :bc: 

What the fuck did you just say? It's pretty far from a rational thought. Seriously derpy

Trying to time the markets is very very very derpy.

Sell low, buy high.  Wait, your shorting so reverse that.:lol:

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Anyone can pick a time frame.  Anyone can try and give Obama credit for the market returning to its previous high under Bush.  However, Trump blows him away if we’re going to count number of all time highs in his first 3 years.  Please do what you want but save your prognostications about how I do my job. 

Poor stupid ass Ben.  One guys been investing 20 plus years and has the results to show.  Only you would shit on that.  Derp.

I'm not shitting on anything or telling anyone how to invest. That would be your dumbass canadian twin.

Hes here telling us that obviously a slowdown is coming....while at the same time calling anyone who doesnt remain fully exposed to equities dumb.

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Please do what you want but save your prognostications about how I do my job.

:salute: aye aye Captain.  

BTW, that was meant to be more of a compliment but whatever.  It's one of the best thing an adviser does is keep their clients in the market, not trying to time it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm not shitting on anything or telling anyone how to invest. That would be your dumbass canadian twin.

Hes here telling us that obviously a slowdown is coming....while at the same time calling anyone who doesnt remain fully exposed to equities dumb.

It take two to time derpy.:lol:

Many have tried, most have failed, but Ben has it.  

Lynch said it best.

Far more money has been lost by investors preparing for corrections, than has been lost in corrections themselves – Peter Lynch

A good read.

https://www.edgepointwealth.com/en/Insights/Simply-Put/It-takes-two-to-time-the-market

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Its amazing if you look at where we are in the late cycle.

Best to stay locked and loaded and buy the dips.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

:lol: I pulled my triggers as it was going up thinking the sky was the limit!!!  WOO HOO! ....then the shit turned south on me and evaporated a good bit right out from under me.  :wall: 

That's why I don't do this for a living.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: I pulled my triggers as it was going up thinking the sky was the limit!!!  WOO HOO! ....then the shit turned south on me and evaporated a good bit right out from under me.  :wall: 

That's why I don't do this for a living.

Well, the thing is you don't need to be good at it to make a living.  You just need to do it with other peoples money.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Well, the thing is you don't need to be good at it to make a living.  You just need to do it with other peoples money.

You dont need to be good at it there either. Just take your base plus commission and keep pulling the rake across the table