Check your account email address ×

Trump hospitalized with suspected stroke. Pence being flown to DC from Wyoming fund raiser.

11 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Enough of your puffed up bragging bullshit.  I wanna know, Has your POS President stroked out yet? 

Puffing up what?  I was talking about the guy from Texas, he is super successful.  Respect in my world is a two way street.  Some of my best friends are union tradesmen, one is the business manager for his local IBEW chapter.  On the other hand,  there are the union hacks who act entitled and are hostile to the other trades.  I watched them fist fight each other on job sites over juvenile bullshit, and destroy my property and that of the other union "brothers".   Some of these guys barely made it out of high school and were box of rocks dumb, but their old man got them into the union and they have a good gig.  Fine.  Died in the wool Democrats usually, cuz they were told to be.  Guys like Tom, or Johnny are first class individuals and are not of that mold.  Guys like Ben or Dave, sound like those loudmouths I used to deal with on the jobsites, hostile and angry, and they don't even know how fortunate they are to have that job, cuz they'd be stocking shelves at Walmart otherwise.   So shit on me, I'm gonna shit right back on you.

11 hours ago, DAVE said:

Its true though....how long did you train for your job? 6 months? It takes 4+ yrs to be a journeyman electrician and then more training to work industrial.

Well there is the small matter of a 4 year degree and a resume with some significant professional achievements as some of the core requirements.  That disqualifies you and Ben.  The range of folks I was at this thing last week included people from 28 to 65 years old, all college educated, many veterans, former lawyers, accountants and a full range of professionals.   

9 hours ago, Wildboer said:

How deep of a background check? I used my white privilege to get my only arrest, which was for 1 gram of weed and a glass pipe, expunged from my record like a year and a half after it happened...

Drug check, background check for any financial issues, arrests, etc..  Any felony conviction is instant disqualification.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I don't wire houses.....

And if the background check was as stringent as Woolie brags certainly 3 marriages would throw a red flag 

I'd say that calls to question character 

Good for you.  Shit on what I do, and I'll continue to point out, you couldn't even get a hiring offer.  Did your union spend 100+K on you, give you your own 5000/mo. office, and admin and all the expenses with your name on the door?  

Well I guess you don't have a clue what a background check is about.  You think you'd pass one?   Ever been arrested? 

Given you brought it up, at your age, I already owned 3 retail stores and was "happily married".  After 18 years it didn't work out.  It happens.  2 years later I met a girl who had 2 masters degrees, and is now a doctor.  After 4 years, I discovered her "migraines" were really a bad pill habit and a history of depression that she never told me about, so I divorced her.  I've been with Jenny for 9+ years now, and she's the smartest, most even keeled and loving person I've ever known.  So I've done alot of different things, most by choice.  One business failed, and I lost over 700k.  I had 4 guys who conspired with a competitor and broke contracts.  I spent 50 grand on lawyers and they ended up losing their businesses too.  Let me know when you have 700k to lose, cuz I didn't get that 700k by being dumb or lazy.    I do love what I do now, and will work another 5-10 years, and retire a wealthy guy by most measures.   You want to judge me, go right ahead hotshot.

48 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He will run for the exits when the markets fall, that always works out well overall.  It takes two to time.

About one every couple of weeks or at least once per month with the old wisdom and invest like its still 1970.  

A background check?  Are you serious?  Toilets?:lol:

Lots of info out there bud for those who want to search for it.

I'll at least give you some credit as you do try to build up wealth for clients, cause in your field most are paid by the size of the portfolio they carry, not the returns.  So if you make 2% vs 20% the fees are the same, no wonder 95% can't beat or even try to beat the indexes.

All I can tell you is your impression of the industry may have some merit, and I agree with you.  There are plenty of shysters and slick pricks burying old ladies in annuities and products inappropriate for them.  They don't work here.  Jones has a well earned reputation in the industry and is one of the most ethical and conservative companies in the country.  Keep your "expertise" to family dinner talk, and don't come in here and think you have a clue about me, what I do or who I work for.  Anyone can beat the index, my 401k is up 29+% this year.  Big deal.  I've already told you several times that we're not for everyone, get an Etrade account and go to town, maybe you'll be good at it, maybe you wont, have at 'er.  Millions of others need help and guidance, and we bring huge value to their situation and overall financial picture, which often includes life and long care ins.  You qualified to navigate through that maze of options?  Chasing returns or indexes is not what we do here.

Edited by DriftBusta

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Puffing up what?  I was talking about the guy from Texas, he is super successful.  Respect in my world is a two way street.  Some of my best friends are union tradesmen, one is the business manager for his local IBEW chapter.  On the other hand,  there are the union hacks who act entitled and are hostile to the other trades.  I watched them fist fight each other on job sites over juvenile bullshit, and destroy my property and that of the other union "brothers".   Some of these guys barely made it out of high school and were box of rocks dumb, but their old man got them into the union and they have a good gig.  Fine.  Died in the wool Democrats usually, cuz they were told to be.  Guys like Tom, or Johnny are first class individuals and are not of that mold.  Guys like Ben or Dave, sound like those loudmouths I used to deal with on the jobsites, hostile and angry, and they don't even know how fortunate they are to have that job, cuz they'd be stocking shelves at Walmart otherwise.   So shit on me, I'm gonna shit right back on you.

Well there is the small matter of a 4 year degree and a resume with some significant professional achievements as some of the core requirements.  That disqualifies you and Ben.  The range of folks I was at this thing last week included people from 28 to 65 years old, all college educated, many veterans, former lawyers, accountants and a full range of professionals.   

Drug check, background check for any financial issues, arrests, etc..  Any felony conviction is instant disqualification.

Good for you.  Shit on what I do, and I'll continue to point out, you couldn't even get a hiring offer.  Did your union spend 100+K on you, give you your own 5000/mo. office, and admin and all the expenses with your name on the door?  

Well I guess you don't have a clue what a background check is about.  You think you'd pass one?   Ever been arrested? 

Given you brought it up, at your age, I already owned 3 retail stores and was "happily married".  After 18 years it didn't work out.  It happens.  2 years later I met a girl who had 2 masters degrees, and is now a doctor.  After 4 years, I discovered her "migraines" were really a bad pill habit and a history of depression that she never told me about, so I divorced her.  I've been with Jenny for 9+ years now, and she's the smartest, most even keeled and loving person I've ever known.  So I've done alot of different things, most by choice.  One business failed, and I lost over 700k.  I had 4 guys who conspired with a competitor and broke contracts.  I spent 50 grand on lawyers and they ended up losing their businesses too.  Let me know when you have 700k to lose, cuz I didn't get that 700k by being dumb or lazy.    I do love what I do now, and will work another 5-10 years, and retire a wealthy guy by most measures.   You want to judge me, go right ahead hotshot.

All I can tell you is your impression of the industry may have some merit, and I agree with you.  There are plenty of shysters and slick pricks burying old ladies in annuities and products inappropriate for them.  They don't work here.  Jones has a well earned reputation in the industry and is one of the most ethical and conservative companies in the country.  Keep your "expertise" to family dinner talk, and don't come in here and think you have a clue about me, what I do or who I work for.  Anyone can beat the index, my 401k is up 29+% this year.  Big deal.  Chasing returns or indexes is not what we do here.

Save it Mark...youve had your new job for what a yr and half....now youre an expert....guys like you come and go.

Retire and start enjoying your life so you dont end up dead behind a desk one day.

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Save it Mark...youve had your new job for what a yr and half....now your an expert....guys like you come and go.

Retire and start enjoying your life so you dont end up dead behind a desk one day.

Anything else?  Speaking of someone who was told by their doc if they don't lose 140 lbs that they were gonna drop dead one day?

I'm already semi retired for all intents and purposes, and would kill myself if all I had to do was be online 24/7.  But thanks for your concern.

Lets move on, shall we? :bc: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Anything else?  Speaking of someone who was told by their doc if they don't lose 140 lbs that they were gonna drop dead one day?

I'm already semi retired for all intents and purposes, and would kill myself if all I had to do was be online 24/7.  But thanks for your concern.

Lets move on, shall we? :bc: 

Move on? You get beat to fuck on these forums cause you cant? 

Youve been on forums since 96 you said....i dont think i could spend the rest of my life on forums to pile up the time youve wasted over the yrs. :lol:

57 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

All I can tell you is your impression of the industry may have some merit, and I agree with you.  There are plenty of shysters and slick pricks burying old ladies in annuities and products inappropriate for them.  They don't work here.  Jones has a well earned reputation in the industry and is one of the most ethical and conservative companies in the country.  Keep your "expertise" to family dinner talk, and don't come in here and think you have a clue about me, what I do or who I work for.  Anyone can beat the index, my 401k is up 29+% this year.  Big deal.  I've already told you several times that we're not for everyone, get an Etrade account and go to town, maybe you'll be good at it, maybe you wont, have at 'er.  Millions of others need help and guidance, and we bring huge value to their situation and overall financial picture, which often includes life and long care ins.  You qualified to navigate through that maze of options?  Chasing returns or indexes is not what we do here.

Edward Jones.  Lol. For people that let H&R block do their taxes.  

Was it a toss up between that and a booster juice franchise?  

• Haha 1

I think some of you are really confused as to the effort, talent and "want to" it takes to succeed in the finacial advisor position.  I know several and have known some since we all started out trying to cut our own paths.  To do well, it takes more than just hard work.  It takes skills most won't be able to learn.  Turnover in these professions run close to 80% in the first two years.  And that's with a pretty amazing screening process by reputable firms just to get in and a licensing requirement that is just below passing the law bar for failure rates.

Sure, like all professions, knuckle-heads make it to.  But to say it's easy is laughable.  Hey...we all get to decide what is truly "hard work" or not.  Comparing an electrician to a FA was laughable.  Only a faggot would do that.  :lol: @DAVE

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Oh my god.....the dumbroski just fucking begging to lick Woolies taint. What a faggot 

Quite yourself, Tater.  :lol:

You feel calmer today?  I can fix that you know.  :whistle:

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why do so many people here shit on others for their chosen career path.  It seems so much easier to just wish them luck and move on, even if you don't like what they have decided to do for a living.  

Not much fun in that.  It can get a bit gross though...especially when most of us really have no idea what other's profession actually requires to be successful.  Truth...nothing is easy.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why do so many people here shit on others for their chosen career path.  It seems so much easier to just wish them luck and move on, even if you don't like what they have decided to do for a living.  

Its called responding in kind. I've been listening to woolie attack universities for a decade and now that he has some faggot ass cracker hack degree he likes to throw lack of education in everyones face.

He comes on here calling peoples intelligence into question because they arent formally educated yet here I sit...... making more money than him without a 4 year education and on a path to retire 10 years before his age at his last career change.

He always brings up some bullshit background check like its a right of passage to a royal coronation .....yet the man has a path of failure behind him that would make some of the worst deadbeats blush.

How about fuck that shit and call a spade a spade. No skin off my ass

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Quite yourself, Tater.  :lol:

You feel calmer today?  I can fix that you know.  :whistle:

Not much fun in that.  It can get a bit gross though...especially when most of us really have no idea what other's profession actually requires to be successful.  Truth...nothing is easy.

I dont feel calmer actually.....although I do feel rested. If you saw what I was spending my day doing you would understand 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its called responding in kind. I've been listening to woolie attack universities for a decade and now that he has some faggot ass cracker hack degree he likes to throw lack of education in everyones face.

He comes on here calling peoples intelligence into question because they arent formally educated yet here I sit...... making more money than him without a 4 year education and on a path to retire 10 years before his age at his last career change.

He always brings up some bullshit background check like its a right of passage to a royal coronation .....yet the man has a path of failure behind him that would make some of the worst deadbeats blush.

How about fuck that shit and call a spade a spade. No skin off my ass

Spot on. :bc:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I dont feel calmer actually.....although I do feel rested. If you saw what I was spending my day doing you would understand 

You make it sound as though the weight of the world is on your shoulders.  

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think some of you are really confused as to the effort, talent and "want to" it takes to succeed in the finacial advisor position.  I know several and have known some since we all started out trying to cut our own paths.  To do well, it takes more than just hard work.  It takes skills most won't be able to learn.  Turnover in these professions run close to 80% in the first two years.  And that's with a pretty amazing screening process by reputable firms just to get in and a licensing requirement that is just below passing the law bar for failure rates.

Sure, like all professions, knuckle-heads make it to.  But to say it's easy is laughable.  Hey...we all get to decide what is truly "hard work" or not.  Comparing an electrician to a FA was laughable.  Only a faggot would do that.  :lol: @DAVE

Exactly and thank you :bc:   Facts:  Jones hires approx. 1 in 100 applicants.  Then 35% of those hired can't get past the series 7 and 66 certifications.  From there the flameout rate industry wise is over 70% after 2 years.  I've happily already made it through that gauntlet and should be on autopilot in another 2 years, a year ahead of schedule.  

I busted my ass and admit to being proud of what it took to get here, and need to not get sucked into these arguments with really ignorant assholes who just want to make cracks about my marriages and entrepreneurial experience :bc: 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I understand more than you think.  I like you.  I find you funny, witty.....and nuts.  You make me smile and laugh like hell.  That's why I cut you slack on your little meltdown toward me in that "Pew, Pew, Pew" thread.  :lol:

Don't push your luck though...I'm a funny dude.  FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!1  aksdgnafjgsajdfgbahfdhlgaldsgfahsdfas  askjdgjasdbjgaskj;dfgadsgjkas;dgajdsgb;a kasdjajfgugfjfmdkdkdekj

Derp.

:bc:

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Exactly and thank you :bc:   Facts:  Jones hires approx. 1 in 100 applicants.  Then 35% of those hired can't get past the series 7 and 66 certifications.  From there the flameout rate industry wise is over 70% after 2 years.  I've happily already made it through that gauntlet and should be on autopilot in another 2 years, a year ahead of schedule.  

I busted my ass and admit to being proud of what it took to get here, and need to not get sucked into these arguments with really ignorant assholes who just want to make cracks about my marriages and entrepreneurial experience :bc: 

We all don't know what we have gone through to even try or much less succeed in the sometimes mulitple facets of our lives.  NOTHING is easy that pays anything.  It's all hard and takes an amazing amount of "intestinal fortitude" to keep on "keeping on".  White collar shit is hard in different ways than blue collar shit...and the turnover in most WC endevors show just how hard they are.  But risk means reward.  And the rewards are huge the more you risk...assuming you don't fuck it up and lose it all.  Commission based endevors (or owning ones own business) is the ultimate "all in" move.  Some will never understand why...and that's ok.  If they did, the rewards wouldn't be as big for those of us willing to risk everything.

NOW...this doesn't mean we're gonna be swapping spit in the fucking shower in the morning.  I've got @Wildboer for that.  :lol:

Irony..eh WB?

I understand more than you think.  I like you.  I find you funny, witty.....and nuts.  You make me smile and laugh like hell.  That's why I cut you slack on your little meltdown toward me in that "Pew, Pew, Pew" thread.  :lol:

Don't push your luck though...I'm a funny dude.  FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!1  aksdgnafjgsajdfgbahfdhlgaldsgfahsdfas  askjdgjasdbjgaskj;dfgadsgjkas;dgajdsgb;a kasdjajfgugfjfmdkdkdekj

Derp.

We all don't know what we have gone through to even try or much less succeed in the sometimes mulitple facets of our lives.  NOTHING is easy that pays anything.  It's all hard and takes an amazing amount of "intestinal fortitude" to keep on "keeping on".  White collar shit is hard in different ways than blue collar shit...and the turnover in most WC endevors show just how hard they are.  But risk means reward.  And the rewards are huge the more you risk...assuming you don't fuck it up and lose it all.  Commission based endevors (or owning ones own business) is the ultimate "all in" move.  Some will never understand why...and that's ok.  If they did, the rewards wouldn't be as big for those of us willing to risk everything.

NOW...this doesn't mean we're gonna be swapping spit in the fucking shower in the morning.  I've got @Wildboer for that.  :lol:

Irony..eh WB?

Sounds like youve got a couple of bromances going on. Maybe 3!!!!

:lol::bc:

21 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yeah.  I don't get it.  It's like the ball busting has to continue until the hate for others comes through.

I think Mark's political leanings are absurd and hyperpartisan but I would trust him with my $10 bankroll!  :lol:

Neal

Derp.

Irony..eh WB?

For the record I was browned out posting last night. I had been up for 32 hours or so and working 20 of that. I apologize for threatening to beat you up :lol: Internet threats are not my style obviously 

Just now, DAVE said:

Sounds like youve got a couple of bromances going on. Maybe 3!!!!

:lol::bc:

WB just got excited.  Don't do that to him.  Especially since he's gonna be the front of the catepillar.  Gonna have to pleasure himself with his hand...unless Drifty wants to give him a reach around.  Sorry Drifty...I only pitch though...no catchin!  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

For the record I was browned out posting last night. I had been up for 32 hours or so and working 20 of that. I apologize for threatening to beat you up :lol: Internet threats are not my style obviously 

:lol:

Don't apologize...it gave me a raging boner!!!  That and the Wild winning in OT (MIRACLES OF MIRACLES!!!)

Oh....yeah.  "Obviously".  :lmao:

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Yeah.  I don't get it.  It's like the ball busting has to continue until the hate for others comes through.

I think Mark's political leanings are absurd and hyperpartisan but I would trust him with my $10 bankroll!  :lol:

Neal

I dont hate anyone. :bc:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Don't apologize...it gave me a raging boner!!!  That and the Wild winning in OT (MIRACLES OF MIRACLES!!!)

Oh....yeah.  "Obviously".  :lmao:

Fuck dude I dont remember the end of the 1st period. I woke up in my bed so I stumbled off at some point. I remember boning the shit out of the old lady cause we had no kids last night. Thats about it :lol: I looked at the score first thing when I woke up this morning and was pissed I missed it 

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Save it Mark...youve had your new job for what a yr and half....now youre an expert....guys like you come and go.

1.5 years lol.

• Like 1