Check your account email address ×

Sled puking coolant like a mofo

• Platinum Contributing Member

Went out to the sled shed and was fiddle fucking with my Cat and I knew it had a coolant leak somewhere more than likely under the motor but when I took it off the bumper stand she puked a lot out. I know at need to pull the skid plate off and poke around but what do you guys think....loose hose clamp?

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Went out to the sled shed and was fiddle fucking with my Cat and I knew it had a coolant leak somewhere more than likely under the motor but when I took it off the bumper stand she puked a lot out. I know at need to pull the skid plate off and poke around but what do you guys think....loose hose clamp?

Check with Revmolester   :D  

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

What's a lot? You should be able to see most of the hose connections on that sled without taking off the bellypan.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What's a lot? You should be able to see most of the hose connections on that sled without taking off the bellypan.

A lot could be a very small leak that pooled in the belly pan.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Like a puddle a lot and there are hoses that run under the motor that I cannot see. I'm sure is has been a drip all summer and when I pulled the stand out all the accumulated coolant ran out but obviously it's a problem.

Edited by Biggie Smails

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Gotta be a loose clamp somewhere.  Should be fairly easy to spot once you start rootin' around with a "light stick".

Yeah it's definitely down low somewhere and hopefully they used regular hose clamps and not those crimp fuckers in TRF.

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah it's definitely down low somewhere and hopefully they used regular hose clamps and not those crimp fuckers in TRF.

Nope, probably those shitty crimps they all use now.  I replace mine with "white man" clips whenever I do work close to it.  

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Like a puddle a lot and there are hoses that run under the motor that I cannot see. I'm sure is has been a drip all summer and when I pulled the stand out all the accumulated coolant ran out but obviously it's a problem.

Right hand side has a short hose that comes off the exchanger and goes to the right side of the engine, coolant bottle has a hose that runs to the right side tunnel exchanger and another hose that goes to the left side of the engine, the left side tunnel exchanger attaches to the left side of the front exchanger. That is only as true as my memory is good :lol:

In any event fire the sled up and look for the leak.

23 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Can you borrow a bore scope or one of those flexible wall cameras to take a look?