Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 6/25/2017 at 6:48 PM, ckf said:

I just wrapped them a little while ago with; butter, brown sugar and honey. I prefer them un-wrapped, but Nicole prefers them wrapped. I learned a long time ago to pick my battles:lol:

1.jpg

should have tried that myself.

I just wrapped with foil and put in some Stout.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

should have tried that myself.

I just wrapped with foil and put in some Stout.

That will work. You just need some liquid to keep them moist :bc:

despite the fact that he runs a website full of deplorables, sinks drones in a pond, has to resort to a go fund me page for a weed wacker and have a bum pay an overdue toll, the snake method of cooking on a webber kettle is not bad:bc:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

despite the fact that he runs a website full of deplorables, sinks drones in a pond, has to resort to a go fund me page for a weed wacker and have a bum pay an overdue toll, the snake method of cooking on a webber kettle is not bad:bc:

:true: 

also :ckf:  :bc: 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Babybacks came out great. Even the GF and my son made comments.

Picked up some sausages at the grocery store and threw them in the smoker since it was still hot. Got lunch all made for the next couple days.

• Like 1

I did Italian beef for the 4th and will do it again tomorrow. It was fucking awesome and 7lbs went very fast

take rump roast and smoke with oak or hickory until internal of 115-120 , I coated mine with black pepper , garlic powder , sea salt and montreal 

slice meat and place in the jous

Jous is the key here and this is how I made it

8 cups beef bullion , bell and green peppers sliced , fresh garlic to taste , 3 dry packets of italian dressing mix , one whole jar of pepperocinis sliced

Put all that shit in an aluminum roaster pan and cook it for a few hours at 300f. Pull it out and serve with a nice hard roll and some hot giardinnara , make sure to soak bun in jous

magnificent 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I did Italian beef for the 4th and will do it again tomorrow. It was fucking awesome and 7lbs went very fast

take rump roast and smoke with oak or hickory until internal of 115-120 , I coated mine with black pepper , garlic powder , sea salt and montreal 

8 cups beef bullion , bell and green peppers sliced , fresh garlic to taste , 3 dry packets of italian dressing mix , one whole jar of pepperocinis sliced

Put all that shit in an aluminum roaster pan and cook it for a few hours at 300f. Pull it out and serve with a nice hard roll and some hot giardinnara , make sure to soak bun in jous

magnificent 

You're a regular Emeril Lagasse hooknose :bc: 

19 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You're a regular Emeril Lagasse hooknose :bc: 

The men in my family all love to cook and most of us can do it pretty well .......I've never tried baking or any shit like that....pretty much all I do is proteins cause that is all that matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 1

I should mention that it is imperative to slice across the grain when doing anything like I typed above. My dad has a meat slicer and it really makes the meal with sliced beef. Thinner the better 

28 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Benny Crocker ftw!!!11!

:lol:

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I should mention that it is imperative to slice across the grain when doing anything like I typed above. My dad has a meat slicer and it really makes the meal with sliced beef. Thinner the better 

I've never smoked roast before.  Hmmmm.....good idea.  It's gotta be easier than brisket.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

I've never smoked roast before.  Hmmmm.....good idea.  It's gotta be easier than brisket.

Impossible to screw up .....rub it with whatever you like and smoke it a 225 for a few hours until you hit 110 for rare and 120 for medium ......there is a million things to do with a nicely smoked roast

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

magnificent 

its 

jus   

SMH

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

its 

jus   

SMH

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

nope .....when you drop the Au then it turns to  Jous

WTF are you guys talking about?

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

nope .....when you drop the Au then it turns to  Jous

there is no such think as jous ya hilljack.  Find me a definition of jous anywhere besides a pollock dictionary

jus
[ZHo͞o(s), jo͞os]

NOUN
  1. (especially in French cuisine) a thin gravy or sauce made from meat juices:
    "chicken with a rich game jus"

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

there is no such think as jous ya hilljack.  Find me a definition of jous anywhere besides a pollock dictionary

jus
[ZHo͞o(s), jo͞os]

NOUN
  1. (especially in French cuisine) a thin gravy or sauce made from meat juices:
    "chicken with a rich game jus"

:lol: nope ....jous