Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

40 minutes ago, ckf said:

I always fuck that shit up even when I no that I should have used know :lol:

I know i'm I'm always fucking that up.  Jeff served up a meatball though I had to take a swing :lol: 

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

how long do you guys let your prime ribs sit in the fridge before cooking....  couple days?  Got 15lbs sitting in the fridge that I will cook on Friday.

depends how long it was sitting in the butchers cooler really ...if you dont know that then it doesnt really matter. Also if you dont know how long it was left on the bone in a meat locker it doesnt matter much. If you are trying to age it a bit then you have bigger fish to fry ...how are you gonna cook it ???

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

depends how long it was sitting in the butchers cooler really ...if you dont know that then it doesnt really matter. Also if you dont know how long it was left on the bone in a meat locker it doesnt matter much. If you are trying to age it a bit then you have bigger fish to fry ...how are you gonna cook it ???

Picked it up at Costco if that matter....  packaged today.  

Going to put it on the pellet smoker....

not trying to age but did read a claim if you salt season a few days in advance to cooking the salt will initial pull moisture out but then as the salt dissolves the meat will absorb it and the seasoning and draw it back into the meat

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Picked it up at Costco if that matter....  packaged today.  

Going to put it on the pellet smoker....

not trying to age but did read a claim if you salt season a few days in advance to cooking the salt will initial pull moisture out but then as the salt dissolves the meat will absorb it and the seasoning and draw it back into the meat

I would cook it within 5 days if just being kept in the fridge. there are so many cool ideas with food its really up to you to experiment with them. I've never tried aging in the fridge using salt or otherwise 

11 hours ago, Woodtick said:

When you are tired and possibly to buzzed to go get a brick oven pizza. Make your own.  Frozen pizza and the propane grill Bitches!!!!!!!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

WTF is Modelo? some bacteria laced shit you mexican CM's smuggle over the border along with other family members under the cloak of darkness:dunno:

On 7/12/2017 at 5:08 PM, BOHICA said:

how long do you guys let your prime ribs sit in the fridge before cooking....  couple days?  Got 15lbs sitting in the fridge that I will cook on Friday.

I will let mine sit 2 days unwrapped in fridge to "dry age" it, put seasonings on few hours before cooking I also use a course salt I aquire from a mennonite store which is labeled pretzel salt

Edited by 01mxz800
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

WTF is Modelo? some bacteria laced shit you mexican CM's smuggle over the border along with other family members under the cloak of darkness:dunno:

It's a tremendous beer! Just so you know,salsa from NY taste like shit!:true::guzzle::lmao:

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

It's a tremendous beer! Just so you know,salsa from NY taste like shit!:true::guzzle::lmao:

I make my own salsa, here in NY with home grown ingredients thank you very much:lol:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

and I drink beer smuggled in from Wisc.

DSCN0133.JPG

Spotted Cow has gotten huge. That's a fine beer. One of the few reasons I like about my drive through WI,on my way to the UP.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Spotted Cow has gotten huge. That's a fine beer. One of the few reasons I like about my drive through WI,on my way to the UP.

found out about Cow on the old FS and a buddy goes to Wisc frequently for buisness and keeps us supplied here in NY with a smuggling operation:bc:

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just put the roast in. Threw in some sausages too for the week.

Going to try for 135 temp and then sear on the BBQ.IMG_0199.thumb.JPG.6ce84b4140a0788ffb86a602c0c42443.JPG

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

Bit disappointed.

One end of the roast had a tough fat line running through it. Other end was good.

Sausages were better.

The baked potatoes were great.