Check your account email address ×

Insomnia Sucks!!!!!!11!!1!1!!

Can't sleep so I got up and grilled myself a couple of hot dogs. Of course I had the only toppings that belong on hot dogs, yellow mustard and sweet relish.

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

The girlfriend hates that I can be asleep within 5 minutes of me closing my eyes. She has a tough time sleeping. Instead of insomnia I get headaches almost daily...Occipital Neuralgia 

7 hours ago, ckf said:

Can't sleep so I got up and grilled myself a couple of hot dogs. Of course I had the only toppings that belong on hot dogs, yellow mustard and sweet relish.

Same here sometimes chopped onions. I grill the rolls too.

Now I want a hot dog....:barbeque:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

The girlfriend hates that I can be asleep within 5 minutes of me closing my eyes. She has a tough time sleeping. Instead of insomnia I get headaches almost daily...Occipital Neuralgia 

same, but I also wake up early and usually can't get back to sleep.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

same, but I also wake up early and usually can't get back to sleep.

I'm up at 4am most days.

@ckf - Have you tried the Melatonin or other natural sleep aids?  

Just now, Skidooski said:

I'm up at 4am most days.

@ckf - Have you tried the Melatonin or other natural sleep aids?  

No. I've tried advil PM in the past but it makes me all fidgety until I fall asleep.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

No. I've tried advil PM in the past but it makes me all fidgety until I fall asleep.

Fidgety eh......Might be worth a try. Seems like a few of us here recommend it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Apparently you're not the only one with the insomnia, Crockpotfuckstick 

IMG_20170517_024204.thumb.jpg.40a3b9600044864b1060e798d563e419.jpg

Wtf is up with that? 

Its not as late here dummy.

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Yup i never have issues sleeping....a clear mind helps alot I think as well....i have buddies say that when were up at the cabin they hear me take a deep breath and then the chainsaw starts. :lol:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ckf said:

Spicy Mustard FTW!!! :bc:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Try some Melatonin, it really works. I take one a few nights a week depending on whether or not I'm feeling sleepy. Usually one 3 gram pill of Melatonin has me sleeping in 45 minutes. 

• Like 1

I think some are just able to sleep more easily than others.  It's an ability to be able to shut ones mind off.  I struggle and always have to get enough sleep.  When I was in really good physical shape, 3-4 hours and I was rolling hard again.  Sometimes even less.  Now, if I can get 6 hours its a fucking win.  Usually I'm around the 5 mark.  And it sucks.  I'm not in good enough shape anymore to not need 6-7 hours of sleep.  Getting older, we need more sleep to heal properly.  And feeling tired all day lends itself to bad habbits and idiotic decisions.

What I do...I usually avoid ALL medications short of aspirin or advil, but, I'll take ONE pm type pill every now and then, or, take a swig of Nyquil nighttime.  Sometimes it takes enough of the edge off and allows my brain to shut down.  Everybody needs to find their own way.  I've also tried melatonin and other natural supplements with mixed results.

• Like 1