Check your account email address ×

Vermont officials: Snowmobilers must follow COVID-19 rules

41 minutes ago, ckf said:

LOL, just because it wasn't a big deal for you doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

I know everyone's different but we have known dozens who have had it and it was nothing too bad, kinda like a moderate cold, wife's daughter in law is an Hospital RN and she sees many with it, also said it wasn't very bad for most of those she has seen, only those who have other bad health issues has there been a problem..

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

shutdowns don't work.  there is no magic bullet we only need to look at all the different policies put in place by the different countries to understand that.  

what he said...I am tired of hearing how the US is fucking up...this thing spreads unless everyone stays in your house for months and the population density is small (see Australia).  I know about South Korea etc.  That shit won't fly here and apparently almost every other country.  We need the vaccine to stop this shit...period. end of story. 

In saying that, I will continue to wear a mask and follow the guidelines like I have from the beginning. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pjameven said:

what he said...I am tired of hearing how the US is fucking up...this thing spreads unless everyone stays in your house for months and the population density is small (see Australia).  I know about South Korea etc.  That shit won't fly here and apparently almost every other country.  We need the vaccine to stop this shit...period. end of story. 

In saying that, I will continue to wear a mask and follow the guidelines like I have from the beginning. 

You’d have to be retarded to take any vaccine in the near term for something that likely won’t even make you sick 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You’d have to be retarded to take any vaccine in the near term for something that likely won’t even make you sick 

agreed,  not sure how they are going to sell this vaccine to get people to take it.  They prob should pay Trump to promote it to the kool aid drinkers.  

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I know everyone's different but we have known dozens who have had it and it was nothing too bad, kinda like a moderate cold, wife's daughter in law is an Hospital RN and she sees many with it, also said it wasn't very bad for most of those she has seen, only those who have other bad health issues has there been a problem..

Wife had a patient on her floor last week in her early 90’s that lived in a nursing home..  was in for heart troubles and not covid.  She said her heart troubles were a blessing and she was lucky compared to others in the nursing home....  she got to go to the hospital and have physical contact/touch with limited members of here family...  which she hasn’t had for many months.  She mentioned she as many residents wish they would get covid and just be gone cause it not like living in your 90’s is worth it if you are locked up like prison inmates.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed,  not sure how they are going to sell this vaccine to get people to take it.  They prob should pay Trump to promote it to the kool aid drinkers.  

Did you see the vaccine pump today? Astro Zeneca says there’s is ready and 70% effective. Whistleblower immediately came out and said they falsified all the data and that it would never be given fda approval.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This is true...for healthy people...if you are elderly or have those underlying health conditions, it might be something to consider...

It's a bummer that we are still having this debate.  Sadly, that fact is also why we are still having this debate.  We have a lot better chance at normal when we all work together.

The reality of what is coming isn't pretty.  The worst part about this future is our ability to control it, if we desire.

I can't say it enough, I hate wearing those masks.  Some of the rules suck.  Nobody in their right mind wants to make those rules.  I also know that a few PIA inconveniences are the best path we have if we want to play.  I want to play and have some fun.  I'll deal with a little inconvenience. 

It's like going to work.  I don't go for the work, I go for the check.  That check allows me to make choices on the life I want to live.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

A healthy coworker of mine was real sick with it. It really knocked his dick in the dirt, and he lost 20 pounds. First time he ever missed work in his life. Mid-fifties and heathy. His wife had mild symptoms and the daughter none.

I know a 60 year old man(family friend)  that was newly retired and healthy and he died within days. No known issues. His girlfriend had it as well where she got it from work at the post office.

One other guy where it sent his blood pressure to orbit, bet they took care if that with some pills at the ER.

Other than that, all the others I have known had mild to no symptoms. You just know know how it will affect you, so I take precautions. My life is still good......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ckf said:

LOL, you guys want the country to open back up but you're to selfish to do your part. What is bunch of clowns.

2 weeks after thanksgiving and 2 weeks after Christmas will see 6,000 deaths per day because idiots are selfish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

2 weeks after thanksgiving and 2 weeks after Christmas will see 6,000 deaths per day because idiots are selfish.

I think you have to wear masks in airports and almost everywhere in public these days.  If masks work we shouldnt see what you are predicting.  If mask don’t work we will definetly see a spike in cases and deaths.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

so next to no additional deaths beyond the normal rate of sick old people dying .  But lets shut everything down SMH.  

5 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

A healthy coworker of mine was real sick with it. It really knocked his dick in the dirt, and he lost 20 pounds. First time he ever missed work in his life. Mid-fifties and heathy. His wife had mild symptoms and the daughter none.

I know a 60 year old man(family friend)  that was newly retired and healthy and he died within days. No known issues. His girlfriend had it as well where she got it from work at the post office.

One other guy where it sent his blood pressure to orbit, bet they took care if that with some pills at the ER.

Other than that, all the others I have known had mild to no symptoms. You just know know how it will affect you, so I take precautions. My life is still good......

It knocked my dick in the dirt too. 49 here & pretty healthy. Finally might be on the upswing today - after 5 days of hell. Will have to see how much weight I lost...

One thing with me is - I got a flu shot a few days before I come down with it. So might have jacked up immune with a double hit :dunno:

Wife caught from me & very mild symptoms. 

Just now, ford_428cj said:

It knocked my dick in the dirt too. 49 here & pretty healthy. Finally might be on the upswing today - after 5 days of hell. Will have to see how much weight I lost...

One thing with me is - I got a flu shot a few days before I come down with it. So might have jacked up immune with a double hit :dunno:

Wife caught from me & very mild symptoms. 

I felt like garbage the day after I got the flu shot this year.  Wonder how many of crowd in favor of lockdowns actually get a flu shot?

I'm old enough to remember when H1N1 went down.  I was 20 something and got the sickest I had been in my entire life for 12 days.  No one cancelled anything, classes still went on.  We had a bit more liberal sick policy with the ability to make up tests and assignments but that was it.

The vulnerable can choose to stay home and isolate if they wish.  The rest of us need to take reasonable precautions and go on with our lives.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ha. Won’t happen and your predictions are always wrong. 

On another note, The argument I hate hearing is that “I know somebody that had it or I had it and I was fine”. Yeah we know that is likely but I think it’s a selfish argument.  I had a relatively unhealthy family member at 75 years old that was pretty sick but came through fine.  I know a handful of other people very well that also had it and came out just fine.  On the other hand we had a coworker who was very vocal about Covid not being a big risk and basically a non believer.  Well it just killed his healthy dad and he has it also. He completely changed his tune. You can quote statistics all you want, but if it kills one of your loved ones then it might be a different story. I’ll wear a stupid mask for the time being that may or may not help if it happens to reduce the spread and save one person. Local state curfews and other nonsense I don’t agree with. 

Edited by Crowder
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

so next to no additional deaths beyond the normal rate of sick old people dying .  But lets shut everything down SMH.  

I wonder if your sloppy fat ass caught it how you’d come out....:dunno:

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I wonder if your sloppy fat ass caught it how you’d come out....:dunno:

He’d probably live and he’d still have a functioning brain.....which is way more than we can say for you

• Haha 7

54 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I felt like garbage the day after I got the flu shot this year.  Wonder how many of crowd in favor of lockdowns actually get a flu shot?

I'm old enough to remember when H1N1 went down.  I was 20 something and got the sickest I had been in my entire life for 12 days.  No one cancelled anything, classes still went on.  We had a bit more liberal sick policy with the ability to make up tests and assignments but that was it.

The vulnerable can choose to stay home and isolate if they wish.  The rest of us need to take reasonable precautions and go on with our lives.

I think it was just bad timing by me - but then again maybe it didn't even affect it :dunno:

I caught Rona at work - bunch come down with it there last week.

That H1 flu was a mother fucker....!!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

I think it was just bad timing by me - but then again maybe it didn't even affect it :dunno:

How long did it take for your test results? 

H1N1 was a very different animal.  Much of the population already had a related antigen in their system from bouts of seasonal flu.  (Kinda like sprint training for a marathon.)  It's not the same, but it helps.  It also had a relatively short host life and didn't transmit as freely.  The methods of body reaction were also somewhat predictable.  It was like a bad flu.

The anecdotal stories about neighbors and friends with mild symptom are cute.  I have plenty myself.  I wish those were the only stories.

There is plenty left to be discovered about this one.  It is sad but true.  The attacks on the vascular system are still a mystery.  (Those are a large portion of people that die).  We continue to learn and maybe we will have answers to those cases in normal time.

The rest of the stuff is happening incredibly fast.

I'm actually impressed with the speed they created a whole new mRNA vaccine group.  It is science that could not have happened without a huge collaborative effort.  The effective characteristic of this type is dang near off the charts.  It is hard to comprehend.  Historical vaccine treatments generally don't come close and that's what we've come to expect. 

What else do we need to know?  It is a dang good question.  A lot of this stuff still goes back to, "It takes time".  Some good news on this front is the focused approach the early vaccines use.  That makes them effective. (Sprint training for a sprint).  I'm not sure how much it helps with the next crazy virus deal coming down the pipe.  We also don't have history to rely on with related vaccines.  Time will provide more answers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Well the good news is once they all come back they will have some degree of immunity going forward.  For how long, who knows.  Probably long enough to get a vaccine if they are so inclined.