Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So given your thought process when it hit a 5 year high the other way in Aug it hurt GDP?   Google it yourself.  

Again the % change was not significant in terms of GDP.   We are talking swings of less than $20 billion. 

Yes.

Was 3rd higher or lower then 2nd?

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes.

Was 3rd higher or lower then 2nd?

Dude just stop.   We are talking about $20-$50 billion swings in a $19 trillion economy.   

Take beans for example.   Much of the impact it has on GDP was in the economy MONTHS ago.  (seed sales, fuel, equipment, fertilizer, etc...)   A few billion extra sold this spring didn't fucking do shit to GDP.   GDP is so complex and has so many factors small changes to the trade imbalance isn't changing it from 2% to 4%.   FFS.  :wall:

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Dude just stop.   We are talking about $20-$50 billion swings in a $19 trillion economy.   

Boy have you changed your tune.

GDP doesn't matter anymore, debt doesn't matter, deficit doesn't matter, go Trump go is all that matters.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Boy have you changed your tune.

GDP doesn't matter anymore, debt doesn't matter, deficit doesn't matter, go Trump go is all that matters.

Whoosh.   Never said GDP doesn't matter I'm saying the tariffs didn't cause it to jump to 4.2%.   God damn boy read much?

Most of my comments on debt and deficit are partially sarcastic and partially real.   Reality is I don't want the govt to tax their way to a balanced budget I want spending cuts to get there.   If you also paid attention you would see my posts on how much our govt already collects per person.   If you were like me and was taxed much higher than that average you would already understand.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Great arguments. I can completely see your point of view now. :chatter:

The point is no good licensed advisor would EVER make predictions, yet you’ve been accusing me of doing just that for several months.  You’re liar and a scumbag.  What do you do again?   Let’s hear it

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Yet you follow me around posting after me, making up lies about me and my business. Hmmm.  

Seems to me that it’s just not as much fun for you when you are 7,000 points off your prediction. 

Poor sad Arcticbeta. 

And you’ve done exactly that to me.  

3 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Have someone read you something from Bloomberg, or some other financial site.

Just curious, what do you do for a living?

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Whoosh.   Never said GDP doesn't matter I'm saying the tariffs didn't cause it to jump to 4.2%.   God damn boy read much?

Most of my comments on debt and deficit are partially sarcastic and partially real.   Reality is I don't want the govt to tax their way to a balanced budget I want spending cuts to get there.   If you also paid attention you would see my posts on how much our govt already collects per person.   If you were like me and was taxed much higher than that average you would already understand.  

The tariffs alone caused increases in exports and that is a fact. Look at the % more China bought just of soybeans in May.

Higher GDP means more profit for companies, stronger companies equal stronger profits, and that raises stock prices.

Then name what did cause it to jump.

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The point is no good licensed advisor would EVER make predictions, yet you’ve been accusing me of doing just that for several months.  You’re liar and a scumbag.  What do you do again?   Let’s hear it

I'm retired now. Did Construction of all types with my own company, and worked in the HVAC industry as a sub and fulltime employee.

18 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Barbiehands is to afraid to say any pertinent info about himself.... as hes stated before....people allegedly showed up at his parents house accidentally to kick his ass.

38 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Barbiehands is to afraid to say any pertinent info about himself.... as hes stated before....people allegedly showed up at his parents house accidentally to kick his ass.

So he’s an empty suit just like I thought.  

10 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

not just that, but hes fucked in the head, he's gets an erection lasting more than 4 hours anytime when he sees stock goes down all because he's terrified of Trump. 

His behavior in here speaks volumes about his character, or lack thereof.....

5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Yet you follow me around posting after me, making up lies about me and my business. Hmmm.  

Seems to me that it’s just not as much fun for you when you are 7,000 points off your prediction. 

Poor sad Arcticbeta. 

Follow you?  Why are you even here?

What happens when the Dow reaches that magical number?  Does it stop there?  Are we done?

Do you understand, it doesn't matter in the long run.

56 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Are you sure about that?  Likely more just him being paranoid.:lol:

Could have just invited them in an offered a Shirley Temple.

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

The tariffs alone caused increases in exports and that is a fact. Look at the % more China bought just of soybeans in May.

Higher GDP means more profit for companies, stronger companies equal stronger profits, and that raises stock prices.

Then name what did cause it to jump.

Because the economy was already on an upward move.   More people working, more people buying.   Business' were spending money like mad as well.   Govt was spending money like mad and like normal.  Again the SWING in trade (exports) the tariffs caused for a very short amount of time was MINUSCULE in comparison to the size of our economy.  Take your computer calculator and divide $25 billion by $19 trillion and see what you get.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Because the economy was already on an upward move.   More people working, more people buying.   Business' were spending money like mad as well.   Govt was spending money like mad and like normal.  Again the SWING in trade (exports) the tariffs caused for a very short amount of time was MINUSCULE in comparison to the size of our economy.  Take your computer calculator and divide $25 billion by $19 trillion and see what you get.   

The tariffs, caused a frenzied exporting of US goods, (see May's trade deficit numbers) companies sold more, made more money.

Govt. is still spending, UE still low, tax breaks still in force, holiday spending added in, GDP is still lower then 2nd qu.

The market fueled in no small part by 4.2 GDP went up and up, GDP went down, so did market. 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are you sure about that?  Likely more just him being paranoid.:lol:

Could have just invited them in an offered a Shirley Temple.

He said it on this forum...

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I’m sorry snowflake. I stand by my post. You are such a sniveling two faced piece of shit that you would hold up your post as proof of your investing acumen had it not been so incredibly wrong. Call me all the names you want but everything you and your Trump fan boys have said about me is made up lies. My opinion of you is based on things you have shared.  You are a worthless piece of shit by your own account of things. You are just so use to blaming others that you can’t see it. 

From your divorces to failed businesses it’s never you. I’ve told you before when you started crying that I’d leave you alone. But that only lasts a few days and you forget what a little bitch you are and attack again.  Don’t think because those lying bitches Dave and Arcticbeta are on your side means a thing. They lie as much as you are delusional.  So shut the fuck up before I tell you what I really think of you. 

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Poor lying Dave. 

21 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The tariffs, caused a frenzied exporting of US goods, (see May's trade deficit numbers) companies sold more, made more money.

Govt. is still spending, UE still low, tax breaks still in force, holiday spending added in, GDP is still lower then 2nd qu.

The market fueled in no small part by 4.2 GDP went up and up, GDP went down, so did market. 

How old are you?   Have you ever taken a math class in your life?

In calculating the GDP, imports and exports are balanced with each other, with the net difference either increasing or decreasing GDP.

If exports are greater than imports then GDP increases. This is also called a current account surplus. Germany has a large current account surplus.

Care to tell me what 15.2% of $49 billion is?   I'll help you out.   The export swing you are describing was $7.5 billion.   That's it.   That doesn't impact GDP in any significant way shape or form.   By July it had went completely the other way mainly because of the strong dollar.  

$7.5 billion divided by $5 trillion (1/4 year GDP) =  .0015 or .15%.   Seriously dude this is not that hard to comprehend and you have zero of your liberal buddies making this claim on here.  

US trade deficit drops as exports hit a record high

• The U.S. trade deficit narrowed sharply in March.
  • Exports increased to a record high amid a surge in deliveries of commercial aircraft and soybeans.
  • The Commerce Department said on Thursday the trade gap dropped 15.2 percent to $49 billion, the lowest level since September.
Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I’m sorry snowflake. I stand by my post. You are such a sniveling two faced piece of shit that you would hold up your post as proof of your investing acumen had it not been so incredibly wrong. Call me all the names you want but everything you and your Trump fan boys have said about me is made up lies. My opinion of you is based on things you have shared.  You are a worthless piece of shit by your own account of things. You are just so use to blaming others that you can’t see it. 

From your divorces to failed businesses it’s never you. I’ve told you before when you started crying that I’d leave you alone. But that only lasts a few days and you forget what a little bitch you are and attack again.  Don’t think because those lying bitches Dave and Arcticbeta are on your side means a thing. They lie as much as you are delusional.  So shut the fuck up before I tell you what I really think of you. 

Poor lying Dave

So you didnt say that?

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

So you didnt say that?

No I didn’t Lying Dave. Like all the lies you tell about me you know you are lying but keep on going. I guess you figure if it’s good enough for the President, it’s good enough for trailer trash. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

No I didn’t Lying Dave. Like all the lies you tell about me you know you are lying but keep on going. I guess you figure if it’s good enough for the President, it’s good enough for trailer trash. 

Sorry got it a little wrong....but close enough...

Screenshot_20190104-133429_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

How old are you?   Have you ever taken a math class in your life?

In calculating the GDP, imports and exports are balanced with each other, with the net difference either increasing or decreasing GDP.

If exports are greater than imports then GDP increases. This is also called a current account surplus. Germany has a large current account surplus.

Care to tell me what 15.2% of $49 billion is?   I'll help you out.   The export swing you are describing was $7.5 billion.   That's it.   That doesn't impact GDP in any significant way shape or form.   By July it had went completely the other way mainly because of the strong dollar.  Now answer me this. 

$7.5 billion divided by $5 trillion (1/4 year GDP) =  .0015 or .15%.   Seriously dude this is not that hard to comprehend and you have zero of your liberal buddies making this claim on here.  

US trade deficit drops as exports hit a record high

• The U.S. trade deficit narrowed sharply in March.
  • Exports increased to a record high amid a surge in deliveries of commercial aircraft and soybeans.
  • The Commerce Department said on Thursday the trade gap dropped 15.2 percent to $49 billion, the lowest level since September.

Thanks for proving what I said was true.

From your article: Exports increased to a record high amid( a  surge in deliveries of commercial aircraft and soybeans)

The market, the consumer, business, all were feeling very confident on the news of these numbers, and spent accordingly, the numbers dropped and so did GDP and the market.

The biggest missing part in todays economy is record exports. As I have said and you have said there are many parts to the economy. One good thing leads to another just as one bad thing does.

To blame this on the strength of the dollar ignores many other issues, tariffs, China's slowing economy, the worlds slowing economy, brexit, slowing emerging markets and more.