Check your account email address ×

U.S. Senate passes tax overhaul package

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

The conservative Republican Party pronounced themselves dead forever.

ah ha keep telling your self that . oh no lowering the corporate tax rate to be on par with the  rest of the world . how awful . and what a travesty that more money could be put in to your dividends check from that evil corporation.   

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The conservative Republican Party pronounced themselves dead forever.

Did they leave all those extra goodies? Like the huge deficit (which I thought Republicans hated) Giving a fetus rights and no longer separating church and state?

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Did they leave all those extra goodies? Like the huge deficit (which I thought Republicans hated) Giving a fetus rights and no longer separating church and state?

Deficit neutral when they take social security checks and Medicare from poor people......

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

They havent took SS or Medicare from poor people yet.  That will end up pay for it when they do.

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Makes sense...  500 page bill was presented, and was to be vote on in one hour?  Sounds like a sham...

Neal

Trump is going to take your social security and Medicare and I’m ok with that!  You don’t really need it anyway.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I'm gonna retire at 45 thanks to Trump!

Neal

Nope he is taking your retirement and giving it to the rich.  The dollar is also going to be devalued and we buy bombs with your retirement

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

constitutionalist amuse me,  i should be able to have a full auto M4 over a musket but damn anything the government does thats not in the constitution is wrong.  

The Kalthoff repeater was a type of repeating firearm that appeared in the seventeenth century and remained unmatched in its fire rate until the mid-nineteenth century. As its inventor is unknown, it is named after the Kalthoff gunsmiths who came to be associated with the design.

The Kalthoff had two magazines, one for powder and one for balls (some had a third for priming powder). A single forward-and-back motion on the trigger guard powered a mechanism that deposited a ball and load of powder in the breech and cocked the gun. Within one or two seconds, it was ready to fire again. A small carrier took the powder from the magazine to the breech, so there was no risk of an accidental ignition in the reserve. Early Kalthoff guns were wheellocks, but later they became flintlocks. Some carried six shots, but one claims in an inscription on its barrel to have thirty.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

OK so they can keep their 30/30 deer rifles as well.  but sorry doesn't give them the constitutional right to a full auto M4

I told these beat offs we should stop paying federal income taxes, being that they are unconstitutional and all. How many of these pussies do you think will do it? Then they come back with some shit like "Well we gotta pay taxes to fund the military derp derp..." military is for defense, not police of other countries. They're full of shit. 

This is a real gem. Does anyone take these morons seriously? 

Economist Larry Summers predicts 10,000 will die per year due to tax reform

• Some 10,000 Americans a year will die if the Republican tax reform bill is passed as written, economist Larry Summers said.
  • Summers, a top official in both the Clinton and Obama administrations, said the cause will be a repeal of the Obamacare individual mandate, which requires Americans not covered by their employers to purchase health care.
  • He debated the issue briefly on CNBC with Ken Langone, the NYC Langone Medical Center benefactor, who called the claims "emotional."
  • https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/economist-larry-summers-10000-will-die-per-year-due-to-tax-reform.html