Check your account email address ×

Load leveling hitches

Kivalo

Helped a guy who had one of that style for his RV on his truck. The reason I had to help is we were having a heck of a time getting it to release the tension and drop the bars. The bars with chains work so why mess with something that works well. Someone is always working to build a better mouse trap and catch buyers

43 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Helped a guy who had one of that style for his RV on his truck. The reason I had to help is we were having a heck of a time getting it to release the tension and drop the bars. The bars with chains work so why mess with something that works well. Someone is always working to build a better mouse trap and catch buyers

They work the same. Have to use the electric jack to get the weight off.

IDK what you are pulling, but if its a large travel trailer, get a hitch with sway control for sure.

• Gold Member
Just now, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Chain system is the wtg imo...thats what I have.   Far more adjustable.

The reason I ask is I have seen reports of ground clearance issues. Is that just internet hype?

28 minutes ago, Legend said:

They work the same. Have to use the electric jack to get the weight off.

IDK what you are pulling, but if its a large travel trailer, get a hitch with sway control for sure.

The one I have uses chains and has never posed the problems we had with this guys. He had the electric tongue jack and the bars still didn't want to release. Mine looks like

Captureh.thumb.JPG.1ab1c66dcbc82fe3617a57e9a8e697ae.JPG

It comes with a round pipe that goes over the pin circled in red. Drop the chain link over the hook below, put the bar on the pin and lift tightening as much as you need. Drop the lock pin in and you're done. To take it off is just as easy.

What are you towing? I'd go with airbags before a wd setup unless you are towing heavy. Before I purchased, I read lots on ramforumz.com and bags seem to be the go to setup for that truck. Cheap and easy to install. I went with the air suspension so no worries about staying level. I also don't tow more than 5-6k lbs.

Have you taken any tie down lessons recently? :bc:

22 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

What are you towing? I'd go with airbags before a wd setup unless you are towing heavy. Before I purchased, I read lots on ramforumz.com and bags seem to be the go to setup for that truck. Cheap and easy to install. I went with the air suspension so no worries about staying level. I also don't tow more than 5-6k lbs.

Air bags dont distribute the weight though or control sway.

46 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

He has the same one you do, how about that for a boomerang :lol: 

Well that's not a f***** ass little truck. That's the manliest truck you can get

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
38 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

I tow two boats regularly, my moms and my own. I guess the max amount would be about 7k GTW.  I also have a two place covered snowmobile trailer but thats peanuts.

Tie downs are for cheaters!!!! :fuckyou:

:lol::bc: