Check your account email address ×

Load leveling hitches

Kivalo

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Air bags dont distribute the weight though or control sway.

Yeah I have seen that the airbags only help with ride hight and not front axel weight.

How about an answer to the ground clearance question....?

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yeah I have seen that the airbags only help with ride hight and not front axel weight.

Oh sorry missed that.... Unless your going where you shouldn't....i cant see that being an issue.

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Wish I lived closer...id give ya a sweet deal on mine....if youcan wait im heading out your way right after Christmas.

Where abouts?

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Niagara Falls....just a blast down the thru way....make a day trip out of it.

I was there the other day dropping my old man off at the airport. Let me know when you go. :bc:

3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

If the hitch height is set properly the bars should be parallel to the ground. If the bars are lower in the back by the trailer, the hitch height and or angle is incorrect.

If you are just towing boats you might not even need a WD hitch. Boats usually have less hitch weight than RVs. If you do, I would just get a cheap hitch, usually dont need sway control with a boat.

Edited by Legend

9 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Well that's not a f***** ass little truck. That's the manliest truck you can get

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

7 hours ago, Kev144 said:

was just going to post this :lol: analer owned to the maximum!!!!  

Yep :lol::lmao:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Legend said:

If the hitch height is set properly the bars should be parallel to the ground. If the bars are lower in the back by the trailer, the hitch height and or angle is incorrect.

If you are just towing boats you might not even need a WD hitch. Boats usually have less hitch weight than RVs. If you do, I would just get a cheap hitch, usually dont need sway control with a boat.

Agreed, sway control isn't really an issue for me.

7 hours ago, Legend said:

Wrong...the more tongue weight....the more you crank the bars....I almost never had my bars straight....and my hitch height was set correct...it all depended on tongue weight.....if the bars were lower...you really arent distributing the weight enough.

16 hours ago, Rw06GT said:

What are you towing? I'd go with airbags before a wd setup unless you are towing heavy. Before I purchased, I read lots on ramforumz.com and bags seem to be the go to setup for that truck. Cheap and easy to install. I went with the air suspension so no worries about staying level. I also don't tow more than 5-6k lbs.

Have you taken any tie down lessons recently? :bc:

I bought my Laramie a year before Ram came out with the airbags controlled from the cockpit, nonetheless I installed the Air Lift springs and they work great for whatever load I have.

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/air-lift-60818-air-spring-kit-dodge-ram-1500-09-18?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4eXPBRCtARIsADvOjY0s1XW5mawluwcOnvI0P-1fDLm9tWjBhWpE3zPdcrjiGbtGX54ajIIaAtzDEALw_wcB