Check your account email address ×

Interesting stuff on retirement.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Retire as early as you can. There is a shitload of things that can keep you busy. Don’t fear the change

I figure about 10 more years then maybe only work a day every couple of weeks or once a month to check on things if we don't completely sell.  

27 minutes ago, Highmark said:

But its always someone else's fault when they are in financial trouble.

I don't know anyone in their 50s or 60s saying that.  You can't believe the range of situations that present themselves in my office.  One couple in their 60s came in recently, wanted to talk about retirement planning.  I start asking them about what kind of assets they have set aside for retirement.  This idiot starts going on for 5 minutes about his diecast Nascar collection and 4 Harleys.  10k cash saved, thats it, and a mortgage that goes another 15 years.  Eeesh.  One health issue away from being wards of the state.  My ex mother in law inherited 1.5 million from her mother, which was all that was left of a fortune from Harry Kellogg 2-3 generations ago, who invented the wingnut, probably 100 years ago now....anyhow.....she pissed through that in 10 years and is now a ward of the state in a nursing home.  Get a job, let that money grow? Hell no.  Cruises, new cars, furniture, you name it.  Gone.  

25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I don't know anyone in their 50s or 60s saying that.  You can't believe the range of situations that present themselves in my office.  One couple in their 60s came in recently, wanted to talk about retirement planning.  I start asking them about what kind of assets they have set aside for retirement.  This idiot starts going on for 5 minutes about his diecast Nascar collection and 4 Harleys.  10k cash saved, thats it, and a mortgage that goes another 15 years.  Eeesh.  One health issue away from being wards of the state.  My ex mother in law inherited 1.5 million from her mother, which was all that was left of a fortune from Harry Kellogg 2-3 generations ago, who invented the wingnut, probably 100 years ago now....anyhow.....she pissed through that in 10 years and is now a ward of the state in a nursing home.  Get a job, let that money grow? Hell no.  Cruises, new cars, furniture, you name it.  Gone.  

So they were admitting it was their own fault?  

11 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Dude, health Care is worse than ever. Ours just went up 50% from last year and I know people in Indiana who can't even buy individual plans. I don't know wtf is going on. And I don't think Trump knows either. 

Thank the dem party for the cluster fuck, that they alone caused.

9 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Well thats a crock of shit dude. Everyone can take the blame as it is fucked up and only getting worse. Its raining outside and a bunch of my jobs got cancelled, i think ill blame the dems. Youre a fucking idiot. 

15 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

how would the so called aca help him out right now ? dumb ass just go suck another dick

You keep telling people to suck a dick but you spend all day draining them. Leave a few for zambo. 

4 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Bullshit. The reps held the house and screwed it over as much as they could. Then trump waved his tiny hands and told you gullible fuckers he had a great plan a bigly terrific plan. 

Where is that bigly plan that your liar in chief promised?

3 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Well thats a crock of shit dude. Everyone can take the blame as it is fucked up and only getting worse. Its raining outside and a bunch of my jobs got cancelled, i think ill blame the dems. Youre a fucking idiot. 

We pay a lot of taxes here but my parents or in laws having medical issues will never bankrupt me or them. My Dad had a quintuple bypass at the same time my Niece was in sick kids for over a month.  The only thing we had to worry about was getting my mom in for visits and covering my brother while he missed work to be with his daughter and wife. 

They both had amazing care. From emergency right through recovery. 

4 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I'm in Oak Park dealing with one of your jobs. The rain is coming inside.:lmao:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

We pay a lot of taxes here but my parents or in laws having medical issues will never bankrupt me or them. My Dad had a quintuple bypass at the same time my Niece was in sick kids for over a month.  The only thing we had to worry about was getting my mom in for visits and covering my brother while he missed work to be with his daughter and wife. 

Its getting so bad now. The insurance companies are questioning everything now. Trying to find if someone is at fault for an injury so they can sue. In the mean time not paying medical bills that should be covered and they are going to collections. I am seriously hearing these stories everyday from people I know. And the amount of premiums we are paying is off the charts. Something is going to burst here soon. I am seriously thinking about self insuring. 

• Like 1

Jan. 2009 ,111th con- gress . POTUS 44 was in charge , The U.S. house of Rep. was made up of 257 dems  / 178 Repubs. The dems had total control in the U.S. house from 2009 - 2011.  Not a single Repub voted for  the demobamacare bill that is such a cluster fuck of well proven lies today. The Repubs lied their asses off about  replace / repeal  to gain political power in both chambers.   :pc:

7 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Its getting so bad now. The insurance companies are questioning everything now. Trying to find if someone is at fault for an injury so they can sue. In the mean time not paying medical bills that should be covered and they are going to collections. I am seriously hearing these stories everyday from people I know. And the amount of premiums we are paying is off the charts. Something is going to burst here soon. I am seriously thinking about self insuring. 

Yep. Health insurance is by far my biggest bill. I have a decent plan and its only the wife and I but my monthly premiums are almost 20% of my gross income.  My next biggest bill, my property taxes, are less than half the cost of my healthcare premiums. 

I cant believe how bad we are being fucked in this country. 

26 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. Health insurance is by far my biggest bill. I have a decent plan and its only the wife and I but my monthly premiums are almost 20% of my gross income.  My next biggest bill, my property taxes, are less than half the cost of my healthcare premiums. 

I cant believe how bad we are being fucked in this country. 

Its only getting worse. That was my whole argument with these Obamacare bashers. There arent any easy solutions. They are going to have to seriously start thinking about UHC. The only thing standing in the way is the Insurance lobby...

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Its only getting worse. That was my whole argument with these Obamacare bashers. There arent any easy solutions. They are going to have to seriously start thinking about UHC. The only thing standing in the way is the Insurance lobby...

UHC saves nothing without rationing and/or paying those in the HC industry less.   There is no magic plan for America.

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

UHC saves nothing without rationing and/or paying those in the HC industry less.   There is no magic plan for America.

Yes there is a magic plan. Trump had it. 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

That is true but scrips can be quite extensive.  

One of my close bus associates had his premiums triple  when an employee got cancer and his policy stated no limit.

Pretty sad it had to change or he could no longer offer it.

50 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That is true but scrips can be quite extensive.  

One of my close bus associates had his premiums triple  when an employee got cancer and his policy stated no limit.

Pretty sad it had to change or he could no longer offer it.

That's what the Trillium fund is for. I think it costs the person 2% of their gross. The employer can help with that instead of facing the higher health premiums. We've got a few who have high drug costs.  We'll switch to a Health Care account and let the high spenders pay through Trillium.