Check your account email address ×

401ks

I am not as in good of shape with my IRA. I have a measly union pension coming but I slacked off for about 10 years funding my IRA. 

Howeverthe wife's 401k from her last employer which she hasn't done anything with in years is kicking ass. 

Good for you snake, this is why we work our asses off our whole life. In hopes we can someday retire and enjoy our twilight years. And hopefully before that even.  :bc:

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Link to Trump like lie please.

meanwhile it’s Friday at 10:20 AM morning, I am sitting on my porch enjoying coffee and a cigar. Retiring 6 weeks ago at 62 on all those bad investments.

you go with what you think you know Benny.

Bragging about retiring at 62 :lol: my dad went at 54 and I'll kill myself if I am still working at 50 

18 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

does anyone else recall dopo thanking Obama when the market made bigger jumps?

yeah, me neither.

Market was like 6,400 Obama's first year (2009). Where was it in 2016? 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Market was like 6,400 Obama's first year (2009). Where was it in 2016? 

as high as 19000 I believe ......but the retards here will ignore that while they suck Trump off :lol: its the epitome of dumb 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

as high as 19000 I believe ......but the retards here will ignore that while they suck Trump off :lol: its the epitome of dumb 

I was like you in 2007. I sold all of my positions and stayed in a money market, I just had a bad feeling. But I was dumb for not jumping back in when it dipped below 7,000. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Just now, Anler said:

I was like you in 2007. I sold all of my positions and stayed in a money market, I just had a bad feeling. But I was dumb for not jumping back in when it dipped below 7,000. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I'm very happy with this years 13-14% .....I'll get back in sometime here.....after a correction 

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

From its low?  Seriously?  It was over 14000 in 2007 and tanked, it had nowhere to go but up.

It has gone to damn near 0 before and people starved in lines waiting to be fed .......dont be a fucking retard 

Edited by f7ben

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

That ain't gonna happen.

I know....because now we have a fake federal reserve that will just print trillions of fake dollars to give to the bankers to have them pump the bubble up again.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Link to Trump like lie please.

meanwhile it’s Friday at 10:20 AM morning, I am sitting on my porch enjoying coffee and a cigar. Retiring 6 weeks ago at 62 on all those bad investments.

you go with what you think you know Benny.

62?

62???

Must have been bad.... :lol:

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I moved everything to money market a few months ago. I'm still up 13% for the year but I missed out on the last couple months for sure.

The fact of the matter is I think it is insane to have a large part of your retirement in securities right now. The market has never been as expensive as it is right now. It is more expensive then it was prior to the market crash in 1929. I'm gonna hang on the sidelines and wait for the pending recession. Its been a hell of a run and we are due for a downturn and a correction

Obviously take what I say with a grain of salt as I have a 0% track record of being correct concerning the market :lol: 

if your not close to retirement it really doesn't matter world was ending in 09 yet now it's up from even the highs before that.  Timing the market highs is more luck than skill as is buying the lows.  by dumb luck i was out of the market late 08 into 09 with my retirement because my company folded and I rolled my k over.