Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Last few years it has been Novemberish. Last year was silly though. Snow was here to stay early November but there was never enough to do anything with. It maintained the mediocre level of snow until exactly 12 hours after I sold my sled in February, then it snowed like a mofo for the entire week lmao

Edited by Tomas.

13 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Last few years it has been Novemberish. Last year was silly though. Snow was here to stay early November but there was never enough to do anything with. It maintained the mediocre level of snow until exactly 12 hours after I sold my sled in February, then it snowed like a mofo for the entire week lmao

Last few winters have been odd here, too. Starts out good and then we go back and forth with warm ups and cool downs.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 9/12/2018 at 8:32 PM, ckf said:

5 guys would be cool. Harbor Freight has been there for a while. We noticed the new pumps at maplefields. did they redo the store, too?

Yes they bulldozed the old and built new. Amatos sandwich shoppe also. Have you been to schillings yet.brewery/pub Down on the river 

10 hours ago, Shifty said:

Yes they bulldozed the old and built new. Amatos sandwich shoppe also. Have you been to schillings yet.brewery/pub Down on the river 

I remember going to the Amatos in Gorham, ME to pick up subs as a kid on the way home from Portland. Home of the Maine Italian Samwich. No, haven't been to Schillings.

logo-stroke2.png?format=1000w

Morning everyone :gm2:  Currently 57 with the fog starting to lift. When I took Izzy out at 6:30 the fog was as thick as pea soup.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I remember going to the Amatos in Gorham, ME to pick up subs as a kid on the way home from Portland. Home of the Maine Italian Samwich. No, haven't been to Schillings.

logo-stroke2.png?format=1000w

Morning everyone :gm2:  Currently 57 with the fog starting to lift. When I took Izzy out at 6:30 the fog was as thick as pea soup.

At least Amatos serves a real Italian.   SMH at Mainers and their fucked up sammich names,  turkey Italian, ham Italian, roast beef Italian.  A fucking Italian has salami, mortadella(or prosciutto) , capicola and provolone.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

At least Amatos serves a real Italian.   SMH at Mainers and their fucked up sammich names,  turkey Italian, ham Italian, roast beef Italian.  A fucking Italian has salami, mortadella(or prosciutto) , capicola and provolone.  

Do they? As a kid I remember them being a ham Italian.

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Classic Cold Cut Italian | genoa salami, capicola, prosciutto, provolone

top of the sammich list on their menu

The last time I can recall stopping there was on the way home from the Van Halen 5150 tour. I just looked it up and that was 1986 :lol:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

The last time I can recall stopping there was on the way home from the Van Halen 5150 tour. I just looked it up and that was 1986 :lol:

they seem to be expanding a lot,  we have one in seabrook now.  I have't eaten there since i had my place at point sebago which was like 03 but the menu showed up in my mailbox a few times since the new one opened.   

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Are there even any ginzo's in Maine? I believe they are rarer then black folk there.

Funny you mention that...i did not see one black person...while I was in Minnesota this past week.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Are you still in the states?

No....got home thurs nite....we were thinking of heading down to vegas to catch the race and drop camper off in havasu....but they said temps were going to be in the 100s so i said f that.

Gonna head down by myself at the end of the month when the wifes away doing shows.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

No....got home thurs nite....we were thinking of heading down to vegas to catch the race and drop camper off in havasu....but they said temps were going to be in the 100s so i said f that.

Gonna head down by myself at the end of the month when the wifes away doing shows.

Are you going to rent a midget in Vegas like last time?

28AF6D3F-9589-4890-839C-36FB714F1568.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jammin said:

71 / 70 and clear.  Sure was warm and humid the past 4 days.  Bit of rain tomorrow and 60's roll in.  

Morning. 

It must be a fast moving front because that's what we are supposed to get.

2 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Same here. After the hot humid summer we've had, I'm looked forward to some crisp fall mornings! 

It's coming :bc:

Hovering around 32°f all weekend here in central Alberta. Picked up a sled yesterday. Will post pictures tonight when I get a chance to take some decent ones.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Hovering around 32°f all weekend here in central Alberta. Picked up a sled yesterday. Will post pictures tonight when I get a chance to take some decent ones.

How much snow you get?

North of PA here got alot for this time of yr....lots of downed trees because of the leaves still on them.

Not a whole lot. But enough to break weak branches in some areas. My yard was more white than green. Heavy wet shit that is only good for making a mess of everything lol. Most if not all is gone now. Up to 6°c today and calling for 13°c on Wednesday. Here is a pic of the sled the other half took last night. Shows the snow we had left until this morning.

received_292610224799378.jpeg

• Like 1