Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Just now, steve from amherst said:

same here, 36 degrees warmer then yesterday morning

Yeah, this is the time of year when the warmth is sputtering. Was 30 at my house Saturday morning. 

57° here with rain falling all morning. The rainy ans cloudy weather is supposed to clear up tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully there are still some leaves left on the trees by then so I don't have to go south to find the colors.

Chilly morning here at +4 but supposed to warm up and be nice for the next few days. Now that the trailer is all buttoned up/winterized its time to put the boat into storage which I hope to do today/tomorrow.

It was cold Friday night at the trailer as it got down to -4. Furnace conked out on me a few times in the night even though it worked great during the day? It has done this in the past but I thought it was due to the trailer being unlevel. Pain in the ass getting up, turning it off then back on with heat only for it to happen again.

Everything looks clean in there but maybe a spider web is screwing with me? Odd though how it works sometimes and not others? 

1 minute ago, irv said:

Chilly morning here at +4 but supposed to warm up and be nice for the next few days. Now that the trailer is all buttoned up/winterized its time to put the boat into storage which I hope to do today/tomorrow.

It was cold Friday night at the trailer as it got down to -4. Furnace conked out on me a few times in the night even though it worked great during the day? It has done this in the past but I thought it was due to the trailer being unlevel. Pain in the ass getting up, turning it off then back on with heat only for it to happen again.

Everything looks clean in there but maybe a spider web is screwing with me? Odd though how it works sometimes and not others? 

You better dive into it a bit deeper before you wake up in the middle of the night with an icicle hanging off your nose. :lol::bc:

Just now, snoughnut said:

You better dive into it a bit deeper before you wake up in the middle of the night with an icicle hanging off your nose. :lol::bc:

This was at the trailer, not home. I'm going to have to visit a couple RV sites/forums to see if I can learn something? My gut tells me a spider web even though I vacuumed and blew everything out in there but I am also thinking it might have something to do with the igniter?

You can hear the furnace spool up and hear the igniter ticking then a whoosh of the propane igniting but sometimes all you can hear is the igniter ticking without the whoosh. The thing is, the furnace will continue to spin/run but all it does it blow cold air which obviously makes the situation/cold even worse.

1 minute ago, irv said:

This was at the trailer, not home. I'm going to have to visit a couple RV sites/forums to see if I can learn something? My gut tells me a spider web even though I vacuumed and blew everything out in there but I am also thinking it might have something to do with the igniter?

You can hear the furnace spool up and hear the igniter ticking then a whoosh of the propane igniting but sometimes all you can hear is the igniter ticking without the whoosh. The thing is, the furnace will continue to spin/run but all it does it blow cold air which obviously makes the situation/cold even worse.

We used to get that with the hot water heater. Friggin spiders! 

• Like 1

Just now, smokin george said:

We used to get that with the hot water heater. Friggin spiders! 

I use a product called Bug-Tek ,which the park sells, that works great and lasts but it could be internal spider webs that have been there for a while or before I starting using the product? https://www.marinagosselin.com/en/product/products/7371-0-insecticide-bug-tek-great-for-spiders-.html

Either way, it won't get looked at now until spring but hopefully I can learn something visiting a few RV forums? The trailer is a 93 and I don't think it has ever been serviced but then again it doesn't get a lot of use either. 

WP_20191005_10_10_20_Pro.jpg

22 minutes ago, irv said:

Flame sensor perhaps? 

7 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Flame sensor perhaps? 

Possibly, I guess? I don't know a lot about furnaces, especially propane ones, but I guess it's time to learn. Do you know if they are easy to work on or should I get an RV tech to look at it?

Sorry that I haven't been keeping up on this thread and daily title change. I've been chasing leaves and editing photos whilst they are still on the trees. Flew from home this morning and got a decent pic of the Island in Island Pond with the town in the background. 

October 09, 2019untitled-114-HDR.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ckf said:

Sorry that I haven't been keeping up on this thread and daily title change. I've been chasing leaves and editing photos whilst they are still on the trees. Flew from home this morning and got a decent pic of the Island in Island Pond with the town in the background. 

October 09, 2019untitled-114-HDR.jpg

No underwater pics???

:stirthepot: :bc:

• Haha 1