Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

It's been very odd for sure. Usually if there isn't snow across the entire snowbelt at least either the Northeast or upper Midwest had something.

I know people who put their boats in a week or so ago it's been so mild here for the most part. We had 60's and 70's in winter but now that it's spring it's below freezing at night and snow. Definitely weird. Already hearing rumors of places potentially closing in the U.P.

• Sad 1

:gm2: Currently sunny and 8⁰. Unfortunately the forecast is still calling for a sizeable dumping of snow tonight and tomorrow :(

On a good note....

Its Friday Lol GIF by SLOTHILDA

Great! The local TV meteorologist has us in the 15 to 18 inch range for tonight and tomorrow . We needed this a month or two ago :wall:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Great! The local TV meteorologist has us in the 15 to 18 inch range for tonight and tomorrow . We needed this a month or two ago :wall:

We got a dusting of snow overnight. Calling for ice and snow, 2-4" on Sunday into Monday

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ckf said:

2 hours ago, dz246 said:

We got a dusting of snow overnight. Calling for ice and snow, 2-4" on Sunday into Monday

Screenshot_20240322_203124_NOAA Weather Free.jpg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

At least we aren't the only ones :lol:

Currently 18⁰ and snowing lightly.

Lol. We've had about 7" of snow all winter so this is the big one. It's so dry though that I'll take it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

Lol. We've had about 7" of snow all winter so this is the big one. It's so dry though that I'll take it.

We've had snow this winter but this is supposed to be our biggest storm of the season. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ckf said:

Same thing here in the Midwest.  The higher totals being forecast are further north from here (talking upwards of 18" about an hour north of Minneapolis/St. Paul) but dammit, where was this a month or two ago??  Definitely frustrating, but like @Sled_Hed, we need the moisture.  It's dryer than a popcorn fart here.

Just now, Bontz said:

Same thing here in the Midwest.  The higher totals being forecast are further north from here (talking upwards of 18" about an hour north of Minneapolis/St. Paul) but dammit, where was this a month or two ago??  Definitely frustrating, but like @Sled_Hed, we need the moisture.  It's dryer than a popcorn fart here.

For us it's just going to extend our mud season :(

I haven't flown the drone in a while. Maybe I will try to get it in the air during or right after the snow.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bontz said:

This snow will take care of the fire danger too which is good. Had a few around here recently and the biggest burned a couple hundred acres.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

It was snowing pretty hard for a while earlier got a few inches so far. Hopefully the rain change over holds off can go out and enjoy it.

It looks like the latest update backed way off on the snowfall total for us. Weather Underground now says 3-8 inches even though the storm watch still says up to 2 feet. Fingers crossed that the latest update is correct :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

It looks like the latest update backed way off on the snowfall total for us. Weather Underground now says 3-8 inches even though the storm watch still says up to 2 feet. Fingers crossed that the latest update is correct :thumbsup:

That sucks but also good too I guess less clean up lol. It looks like about 3-4inches of granular type snow here so far. Just enough so the kids can get one last ride around the yard :ylsuper:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That sucks but also good too I guess less clean up lol. It looks like about 3-4inches of granular type snow here so far. Just enough so the kids can get one last ride around the yard :ylsuper:

That's awesome!!

• Like 1

Morning gentlemen. It's currently sunny and 22⁰ here in Island Pond. Our neighbor just finished plowing the drive for what I hope is the last time this season. It looks like about 10 inches from the storm.

• Like 3

We'll see how much accuracy they have with this advisory:

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 1 AM CDT MONDAY... WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 7 inches. Winds gusting as high as 25 to 35 mph.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

School canceled today so I get the fun task of burning downed limbs from this last snow while the kids get to ride I’m a little jealous 😂 IMG_5376.thumb.jpeg.ed3bf713dea842ba2af210aa945d5fa0.jpegIMG_5378.thumb.jpeg.2a068316aeb512d4d8c561dfe8fee423.jpeg

Nice!  Why did school get cancelled? Not because of the snow over the weekend.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

Nice!  Why did school get cancelled? Not because of the snow over the weekend.

Ya the snow well mainly the ice when it changed to freezing rain. We had a lot of downed trees and limbs I guess a lot of the district was without power surprisingly we didn’t lose it flickered a bunch.

• Like 1

Did some site-seeing in Albuquerque and Santa Fe.  :bc:

IMG_1489.jpeg
Pano from Sandia Peak.

IMG_1493.jpeg

Turquoise shopping for the wife.  I passed on the $10k worth of necklaces and got a ring from the case below instead.  :lol:

IMG_1496.jpeg

Miracle spiral staircase:

IMG_1494.jpeg

:bc:

Heading up to four corners and Moab/Arches today on the way up to Nampa, ID

Neal

• Like 3

Hit up Four Corners Monument and Arches National Park today!

IMG_1498.jpeg

Shiprock, a lone volcanic neck.

Resized_20240325_121956_1711391314749.jpeg

Ray (brother) and I at the Four Corners Monument.

IMG_1511.jpeg

Fantastic view from Salt Valley Overlook in Arches National Park.

IMG_1515.jpeg

Ray and I at Skyline Arch.

Neal

• Like 1