Check your account email address ×

Bernie Sanders "putting everyone on Medicaid would bankrupt the country"

jtssrx

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

We're throwing 7 - 12k per household , per year at some insurance company , companys  and the country  is already bankrupt , so fuck it ...... and fuck them

boom...end of thread 

10 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

We're throwing 7 - 12k per household , per year at some insurance company , companys  and the country  is already bankrupt , so fuck it ...... and fuck them

I pay over $20k a year for insurance for my family. That's just for insurance, not including co pays and prescriptions, deductibles, etc... 

Funny how everybody talks about how we can't afford it well who do you think pays for your health insurance fucking genius? And why are companies moving out if the country at record pace, hiring employees as "contractors" and cutting benefits, increasing employee out of pocket expenses and reducing coverages more every year?

It's time to have an intelligent conversation about this and not the fucking party rhetoric and shit the media is feeding you. Because really most people DONT understand the topic. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

I pay over $20k a year for insurance for my family. That's just for insurance, not including co pays and prescriptions, deductibles, etc... 

Funny how everybody talks about how we can't afford it well who do you think pays for your health insurance fucking genius? And why are companies moving out if the country at record pace, hiring employees as "contractors" and cutting benefits, increasing employee out of pocket expenses and reducing coverages more every year?

It's time to have an intelligent conversation about this and not the fucking party rhetoric and shit the media is feeding you. Because really most people DONT understand the topic. 

That's fucking insane, but you'll have to convince the ones who have it paid for by their employer.

36 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's fucking insane, but you'll have to convince the ones who have it paid for by their employer.

That's what I'm saying. They don't mind it when someone else is paying for it. Kinda the same mentality as the welfare people who want "free healthcare".

But I think anyone who does get employer provided health coverage can attest that what I said is true and has been for many years now. Health insurance is becoming an ever increasing burden on employers and don't think for a minute that it isn't being considered when employers hire new employees they don't look at the health of the employee and their family. You've got a sick kid that requires lots of medical attention and expensive prescriptions? Or you smoke? Diabetes? Or healthy single guy? That stuff is going to compound this issue. 

Employers are always looking for new ways to mitigate HI costs and that is always going to result in more out of pocket expenses for EVERYONE. We need more than just universal coverage we need an entire revamping of our medical system. All we are doing here is talking about where to put the band aid on a bullet wound to the jugular. 

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

boom...end of thread 

Actually it's not. This Medicaid for all is just a political stunt. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone but Bernie. When he endorsed Hillary he let that cat out of the bag

Ok, a few things...

Was this kid even born in 1987? :lol:

The clip is quite obviously taken out of context. 

Medicaid and Medicare are different programs. 

Obamacare is neither Medicaid nor Medicare, it's a giant giveaway to for profit bloodsucking insurance companies. 

Once again you get guthooked.

49 minutes ago, Anler said:

That's what I'm saying. They don't mind it when someone else is paying for it. Kinda the same mentality as the welfare people who want "free healthcare".

But I think anyone who does get employer provided health coverage can attest that what I said is true and has been for many years now. Health insurance is becoming an ever increasing burden on employers and don't think for a minute that it isn't being considered when employers hire new employees they don't look at the health of the employee and their family. You've got a sick kid that requires lots of medical attention and expensive prescriptions? Or you smoke? Diabetes? Or healthy single guy? That stuff is going to compound this issue. 

Employers are always looking for new ways to mitigate HI costs and that is always going to result in more out of pocket expenses for EVERYONE. We need more than just universal coverage we need an entire revamping of our medical system. All we are doing here is talking about where to put the band aid on a bullet wound to the jugular. 

:goodpost:

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

The vast majority of that goes to the HC industry itself.  

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Location, location, location.   Our family plans for employee's are excellent, includes dental and mental and is $9000 a year of which the employee only picks up $600 of.   We somewhat self insure where we keep a $2500 deductible where the employee is only responsible for the first $500.   Doing that has paid off BIG TIME.   Deductibles are rarely reached because only things like ER visits, surgeries, childbirth hit there first.   $20 copay as well. 

Edited by Highmark

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Location, location, location.   Our family plans for employee's are excellent, includes dental and mental and is $9000 a year of which the employee only picks up $600 of.   We somewhat self insure where we keep a $2500 deductible where the employee is only responsible for the first $500.   Doing that has paid off BIG TIME.   Deductibles are rarely reached because only things like ER visits, surgeries, childbirth hit there first.   $20 copay as well. 

You know the flip side is those with decent plans who work for themselves and were quite happy end up taking jobs just to help with medical when members of their family start getting sick.  That should not be the case.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I agree, but even here we have an issue with extended health care benefits.  One of my suppliers had his premiums double cause he had no limit to coverages and one of the employees got really sick.

Not gonna solve all your problems.

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Ok, a few things...

Was this kid even born in 1987? :lol:

The clip is quite obviously taken out of context. 

Medicaid and Medicare are different programs. 

Obamacare is neither Medicaid nor Medicare, it's a giant giveaway to for profit bloodsucking insurance companies. 

Once again you get guthooked.

actually health insurance, by and large, haven't done real well with the mandates laid out in obamacare. margins within the health insurance industry have been reasonable. 

Its much worse (bankrupting us)  now that it was in 1987.   Technology has not brought the cost of care down as we try to live better and longer lives.   Joint replacement is just one example. 

Reality is we are already "bankrupt" to a certain level so it doesn't really matter.  

5 hours ago, Anler said:

question: which pisses you off more...the cost or the fact that it's a requirement to be a citizen?

34 minutes ago, oleroule said:

question: which pisses you off more...the cost or the fact that it's a requirement to be a citizen?

I think the cost is the reason but not just because its expensive but WHY it is expensive. And the WHY is something that never gets addressed and will NEVER get changed. 

53 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its much worse (bankrupting us)  now that it was in 1987.   Technology has not brought the cost of care down as we try to live better and longer lives.   Joint replacement is just one example. 

Reality is we are already "bankrupt" to a certain level so it doesn't really matter.  

Our govt is well on a path to bankruptcy on its own. And medical bills is the #1 cause of personal bankruptcies. And that is part of the reason medical costs being as high as they are.