Check your account email address ×

Bernie Sanders "putting everyone on Medicaid would bankrupt the country"

jtssrx

2 hours ago, Anler said:

We use several clinic networks for our in house medical monitoring of employees and also for injury treatment on job sites(non-life threatening of course). They faster and more affordable as they dont have the immense overhead of a full blown hospital. 

What do you mean by "in house medical monitoring of employees".  Piss tests?

Also, how much more affordable is the care from these places than say the ER or your local family practitioner?  

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

What do you mean by "in house medical monitoring of employees".  Piss tests?

Also, how much more affordable is the care from these places than say the ER or your local family practitioner?  

Our environmental guys have to get yearly physicals with chest xrays, blood tests and yeah for the DOT cards we need drug tests. And working in some of these hospitals we need to get all kinds of vaccines and shit. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Our environmental guys have to get yearly physicals with chest xrays, blood tests and yeah for the DOT cards we need drug tests. And working in some of these hospitals we need to get all kinds of vaccines and shit. 

Ahh I see.  Govt' mandated stuff making it expensive.  Think that makes your personal insurance costs so high or is it just because of the area you live in?  I remember what some in Minn. were paying a few years back for the same basic coverage we had here in Pa and holy hell alot higher for them.

Now that I think about it, the wince posted a while back that his costs were pretty high as well, and he's in the same area as you right?

Just now, hayward said:

Ahh I see.  Govt' mandated stuff making it expensive.  Think that makes your personal insurance costs so high or is it just because of the area you live in?  I remember what some in Minn. were paying a few years back for the same basic coverage we had here in Pa and holy hell alot higher for them.

Now that I think about it, the wince posted a while back that his costs were pretty high as well, and he's in the same area as you right?

Yep OSHA but its also kind of insurance related too. Safety you know...

23 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its quite a bit, like double. And the wife is very frugal and shops around knowing it is so expensive. The good news is alot of stores are getting on the band wagon now and selling healthier versions of our regular items. Until recently about the only place you could go for this kind of stuff is whole foods aka "whole paycheck" . 

so the free market works?

call me shocked.

I have a friend that has hospice.  The supplier of morphine keeps sending packages of the stuff and she doesn't need it.  The family has to refuse the stuff or it just keeps coming.  The bill is paid through medicare.  Tell me that isn't a waste and just think how many times that happens.  That type of shit is all planned and the morphine supplier knows that they will keep getting paid until it is refused.  

10 hours ago, Anler said:

I pay over $20k a year for insurance for my family. That's just for insurance, not including co pays and prescriptions, deductibles, etc... 

Funny how everybody talks about how we can't afford it well who do you think pays for your health insurance fucking genius? And why are companies moving out if the country at record pace, hiring employees as "contractors" and cutting benefits, increasing employee out of pocket expenses and reducing coverages more every year?

It's time to have an intelligent conversation about this and not the fucking party rhetoric and shit the media is feeding you. Because really most people DONT understand the topic. 

That's fucking insane dude , but I believe it . Most people have their employer on the cuff for at least half of it or more so they have no idea .  I went without it for 2 years .  :bc:

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

That's fucking insane dude , but I believe it . Most people have their employer on the cuff for at least half of it or more so they have no idea .  I went without it for 2 years .  :bc:

I am the employer so nobody to pick up my tab!

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

I am the employer so nobody to pick up my tab!

Bullshit your customers pick up your tab .....just like my customer (employer) does. I know exactly what my plan is worth and I know how big of a part of my overall compensation it is. 

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Bullshit your customers pick up your tab .....just like my customer (employer) does. I know exactly what my plan is worth and I know how big of a part of my overall compensation it is. 

Oh yeah well I guess my customers pay for my house and my car and my gas and my kids stuff and my snowmobiles... Right it's part of your compensation.... Compensation that employers are trying to get out of like a mother fucker.... :bc:

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oh yeah well I guess my customers pay for my house and my car and my gas and my kids stuff and my snowmobiles... Right it's part of your compensation.... Compensation that employers are trying to get out of like a mother fucker.... :bc:

exactly 

57 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah , that company shot out of the ground with no from the people that started it , and they deserve nothing for their effort,   :stoned:

Edited by Sleepr2