Check your account email address ×

Hurricane Irma

ICEMAN!

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Bad but I was expecting a little more damage.  The way Irma ripped through Cuba and the other islands on the way north I felt there would be nothing left of the area where the hurricane crossed the keys.  

Yeah I think the storm surge wasn't as bad in the keys in some places because it could wash though the passages between the keys. 

Our friends house in Naples. Her place is on the water back in the mangroves. I'd have thought it would be under water. Not that getting the second floor of your house blown off is any better.

14104.jpeg

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Our friends house in Naples. Her place is on the water back in the mangroves. I'd have thought it would be under water. Not that getting the second floor of your house blown off is any better.

14104.jpeg

That sucks! Hopefully they have insurance.

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

14104.jpeg

A cat 3 will do that....there would be nothing left if it was a 5.....shitty nonetheless. :(

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

A cat 3 will do that....there would be nothing left if it was a 5.....shitty nonetheless. :(

We kinda figured she was gonna be fucked no matter what. Just a matter of how bad. I think its safe to say this house is a goner. The water damage on what is left isnt worth saving. She could probably sell the property as an empty lot and make a shit ton of money. She didnt have a mortgage on this and its in a pretty baller area. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

We kinda figured she was gonna be fucked no matter what. Just a matter of how bad. I think its safe to say this house is a goner. The water damage on what is left isnt worth saving. She could probably sell the property as an empty lot and make a shit ton of money. She didnt have a mortgage on this and its in a pretty baller area. 

Aqualine shores? Royal Harbour?

2 hours ago, Anler said:

14104.jpeg

Good old southern yellow pine, hand notched stick framing.  All those older houses are built like cards.  No snow load to worry about.  Hell, I even had to put "hurricane" hangers on my trusses in my house here.  Built like a god damn bunker up here!!!!

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good old southern yellow pine, hand notched stick framing.  All those older houses are built like cards.  No snow load to worry about.  Hell, I even had to put "hurricane" hangers on my trusses in my house here.  Built like a god damn bunker up here!!!!

All of the houses i see getting built down there have cmu exterior walls. That side of the state typically doesnt get the hurricanes. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

All of the houses i see getting built down there have cmu exterior walls. That side of the state typically doesnt get the hurricanes. 

7/16 inch OSB tying in 2x6 rafters 24 on center with 2x4 collar ties and walls....GOOD TO GO!!!!  

Amazing...but, it works for the most part.  Until it doesn't.  I went with at least 2x8 rafters with equal collar ties on the five I built down there and every inspector asked "What for?"  

Trump would be a god-damned genius right now if he hired as many Amish as he could to go down to Florida right now and start slapping homes and buildings back together.  Guarendamntee it'd be done right, done cheaper than anybody else, and built like a brick shit-house.  Hell give em a few thousand illegal beaners to help them out if you want it done quicker, just don't let them in charge.   

6 minutes ago, hayward said:

Trump would be a god-damned genius right now if he hired as many Amish as he could to go down to Florida right now and start slapping homes and buildings back together.  Guarendamntee it'd be done right, done cheaper than anybody else, and built like a brick shit-house.  Hell give em a few thousand illegal beaners to help them out if you want it done quicker, just don't let them in charge.   

fucking amishes :lol: they cant get to work unless you give them a ride cause technology is evil but they have 3 cans of grizz and a bottle of booz to go home to ....most backwards motherfuckers there are