Check your account email address ×

GM and Ram going aluminum

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Can someone please explain to me the point of arguing about weight on trucks that have a longer cab than they do bed?  These 1/2 ton trucks nowadays are almost as worthless as a Subaru with a trailer.  Why people pay $40k+ for these trucks is crazy.

What else can haul a single sled or pull a four place trailer with a sled in the bed if need be :bc:

gwinn 002.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I LMAO when I see these huge extended 3/4 ton diesel pickups at the yard with 10 sticks of wood in em.

Makes me laugh.

You think they only have them for that?

120,000 totally trouble free driving on my 2011 F150 King Ranch. Friend just bought a new Chevy Silverado, drove it from the dealership to the cottage and with less than 300 on it the thing wouldn't start the next morning. It had to be towed to the dealer and they spent 3 days working on it finding a whole bunch of small problems that added up to it not starting.

I compared the comfort features on my 5 year old F150 to his brand new Silverado that he says has all the bells and whistles. The 5 year old F150 is still better. I'm looking at a new truck, not because I need to replace it but just because I want new. The 2016 F150 Platinum and the King Ranch features far exceed what the competitors offer.

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

That Ford got peeled open like a tin can. What did it hit.....a mail box?

I believe the jaws of life did that.

Edited by DAVE

11 hours ago, DAVE said:

I believe the jaws of life did that.

That's what I originally thought too but the original guy on FB who posted it claims it was not cut. Doesn't make sense why they would start all the way at the front of the fender to cut either but who knows.

On 7/22/2016 at 0:49 PM, Mileage Psycho said:

I also see GM sticking with a lightweight high strength steel for the bed :bc: 

Ford tough!!

You actually believe that BS too? :lol: SMH 

14 hours ago, Skidooski said:

That Ford got peeled open like a tin can. What did it hit.....a mail box?

Um no, the FD did that

1 hour ago, yami123 said:

That's what I originally thought too but the original guy on FB who posted it claims it was not cut. Doesn't make sense why they would start all the way at the front of the fender to cut either but who knows.

BS

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 0:08 PM, irv said:

There is a lot of truth in that!

My 13 Ram is still problem free with almost 50,000 km's on it. I did upgrade the brakes/rotors (slotted/drilled) when it came time for a brake job, but that was only because I got them at cost and my buddy, who is a mechanic, owed me one.

Ram for the win! :bc:

IMG_0278 (Medium) (Small).JPG

If it needed a brake job at 50,000 km that's not ram for the win. I traded in my 2012 titan with a little over 100,000 km and it probably didn’t even need brake pads to certify. And that's towing a quite a bit of towing in that life too.

As you approach the 80,000km mark get ready for wheel bearings, seems to be the magic number for them for some reason.

On 2016-07-22 at 11:08 AM, irv said:

There is a lot of truth in that!

My 13 Ram is still problem free with almost 50,000 km's on it. I did upgrade the brakes/rotors (slotted/drilled) when it came time for a brake job, but that was only because I got them at cost and my buddy, who is a mechanic, owed me one.

Ram for the win! :bc:

IMG_0278 (Medium) (Small).JPG

Hows that Ram for the win??? 50000 km and brakes already. 

Have 128000km on my fx4 and so far just a pinon seal change (other then a defective engine from the factory).

1 minute ago, snopro31 said:

Hows that Ram for the win??? 50000 km and brakes already. 

Have 128000km on my fx4 and so far just a pinon seal change (other then a defective engine from the factory).

Brakes are usually indicative of the driver and whether the loads being pulled are braked or not.

On the bold that's really something that everything but the engine has held up................ :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Brakes are usually indicative of the driver and whether the loads being pulled are braked or not.

On the bold that's really something that everything but the engine has held up................ :lol:

Heck didnt matter if it was a ford, dodge, gm or whatever.  It would have need replacing no matter what.  When crack heads build a motor on a monday. 

47 minutes ago, atc said:

If it needed a brake job at 50,000 km that's not ram for the win. I traded in my 2012 titan with a little over 100,000 km and it probably didn’t even need brake pads to certify. And that's towing a quite a bit of towing in that life too.

As you approach the 80,000km mark get ready for wheel bearings, seems to be the magic number for them for some reason.

I did my 1st pad change at just over 300k on my 350 Ram

When GM and Ram come out with Aluminum trucks they will have aluminum beds as well. But they will learn from Fords mistake and will come standard with a spray in bedliner or something. 

47 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

When GM and Ram come out with Aluminum trucks they will have aluminum beds as well. But they will learn from Fords mistake and will come standard with a spray in bedliner or something. 

Fords made huge mistakes over the yrs..

On 7/22/2016 at 11:49 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

I also see GM sticking with a lightweight high strength steel for the bed :bc: 

Ford tough!!

Ford tough... What a joke...

On 7/23/2016 at 9:24 AM, 02sled said:

120,000 totally trouble free driving on my 2011 F150 King Ranch. Friend just bought a new Chevy Silverado, drove it from the dealership to the cottage and with less than 300 on it the thing wouldn't start the next morning. It had to be towed to the dealer and they spent 3 days working on it finding a whole bunch of small problems that added up to it not starting.

I compared the comfort features on my 5 year old F150 to his brand new Silverado that he says has all the bells and whistles. The 5 year old F150 is still better. I'm looking at a new truck, not because I need to replace it but just because I want new. The 2016 F150 Platinum and the King Ranch features far exceed what the competitors offer.

Umm ......... no .

31 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Umm ......... no .

Umm.... yeah. I have looked at the current models and what is out there in pickups doesn't come up to par with the King Ranch or the Platinum. The Chevy / GM pickups are just plain FUGLY. I am contemplating a Platinum instead of the King Ranch this time.

Edited by 02sled

9 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Umm.... yeah. I have looked at the current models and what is out there in pickups doesn't come up to par with the King Ranch or the Platinum. The Chevy / GM pickups are just plain FUGLY. I am contemplating a Platinum instead of the King Ranch this time.

That is YOUR opinion.....   :news: