Check your account email address ×

Stepped-up rhetoric on North Korea wipes $1 trillion off world stocks

Thanks Trumpy.....

Stepped-up rhetoric on North Korea wipes $1 trillion off world stocks

Source: Reuters/St Louis-Dispatch 

Updated at 7:32 a.m. 

LONDON • The damage inflicted on world stocks this week by the escalating war of words over North Korea topped $1 trillion on Friday, as investors again took cover in the yen, the Swiss franc, gold and government bonds. 

With the tense mood pushing European shares down for a third day and Wall Street set to fall again, global stocks were on course for their worst week since Donald Trump won November's U.S. presidential election. 

Now installed in the White House, Trump issued a new warning to Pyongyang on Friday, tweeting: "Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely." 

North Korea had responded to Trump's previous promise to unleash "fire and fury," with a threat to land a missile near the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/stepped-up-rhetoric-on-north-korea-wipes-trillion-off-world/article_62cad803-bf38-5ddc-8e20-9d4e3235e772.html

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Still hoping for failure.  Sad.

I actually agree with MC on this.  NK wants to be relevant and you make them so by engaging them in Social Media and the Press.   Just fucking ignore them.   We've had plans on what to do there militarily for decades.   Keep improving those plans.   I think its pretty well understood what happens if they attacked us or an ally.   Its lights out.   More pressure should be put on China to do something but not thru the media.   By meetings with them and diplomacy.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I actually agree with MC on this.  NK wants to be relevant and you make them so by engaging them in Social Media and the Press.   Just fucking ignore them.   We've had plans on what to do there militarily for decades.   Keep improving those plans.   I think its pretty well understood what happens if they attacked us or an ally.   Its lights out. 

Lots of bluster of 2 puffed chests blow hards.....this will calm down when China & Russia come in and broker a peace deal. 

3 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

Lots of bluster of 2 puffed chests blow hards.....this will calm down when China & Russia come in and broker a peace deal. 

I don't think Russia gives a shit about NK.   No money their.   Their focus is in the ME.  

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I actually agree with MC on this.  NK wants to be relevant and you make them so by engaging them in Social Media and the Press.   Just fucking ignore them.   We've had plans on what to do there militarily for decades.   Keep improving those plans.   I think its pretty well understood what happens if they attacked us or an ally.   Its lights out.   More pressure should be put on China to do something but not thru the media.   By meetings with them and diplomacy.  

You're wrong and so is Dipshit MC

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I don't think Russia gives a shit about NK.   No money their.   Their focus is in the ME.  

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/839176/Russia-North-Korea-Donald-Trump-Vassily-Nebenzia-Moscow-United-Nations-ambassador

Russia might see an opportunity here.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree with just ignoring them.  But mc doesn't realize that the bullshit being put out by the media causes just as much problems when the leaders say something or not.  The fucking liberals want trump to fail and when the markets drop, guys like mc celebrate.  That's the kind of shit that just makes me dislike them so much.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

I agree with just ignoring them.  But mc doesn't realize that the bullshit being put out by the media causes just as much problems when the leaders say something or not.  The fucking liberals want trump to fail and when the markets drop, guys like mc celebrate.  That's the kind of shit that just makes me dislike them so much.

I would never doubt the MSM and its intent to destroy Trump and the GOP under any circumstances even if it harms the country however in SOME cases Trump needs to understand this and just back off a bit at certain times.  

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I would never doubt the MSM and its intent to destroy Trump and the GOP under any circumstances even if it harms the country however in SOME cases Trump needs to understand this and just back off a bit at certain times.  

Yes he does, but how to you stop the media from distorting everything he says?

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

By not saying anything.  

The author should put this in perspective some.   Since Trump won the US markets alone gained over $4 Trillion prior to this. :lol:  

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Agree with MC....he hasn't shut up about what a threat NK is and then he ripped Trump for taking a firm stand.

21 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Agree with MC....he hasn't shut up about what a threat NK is and then he ripped Trump for taking a firm stand.

I'm not saying MC isn't hypocritical but I think all of this chest thumping does nothing but give credence to NK and its leaders.   Something they do not deserve.

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

You have the media play footage of real words coming out of the real Donnie's mouth, which they already do.  It's not unusual for me to hear him do the exact same speech 5 times a day, watching various programs.  If you've got decent tv speakers it shouldn't sound distorted.  I've got a home theater setup that works pretty well.

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yep, fucking ignore them.