Check your account email address ×

Teacher raises money for classroom on roadside

She makes $35,000.00 a year with a Masters and then forks out $2,000.00 to 3,000.00 of that buying supplies for her students and now she's on a corner with cardboard sign like a homeless person trying to raise money for classroom, SAD. Video at the link.

Third-grade teacher Teresa Danks stood near an intersection asking for money to raise funds for her classroom and hoped to bring awareness to how budget cuts have affected Oklahoma's education system. 

http://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2017/07/24/tulsa-oklahoma-teacher-raises-money-for-classroom-on-roadside-orig-trnd-lab.cnn/video/playlists/stories-worth-watching/

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

She makes $35,000.00 a year with a Masters and then forks out $2,000.00 to 3,000.00 of that buying supplies for her students and now she's on a corner with cardboard sign like a homeless person trying to raise money for classroom, SAD. Video at the link.

That's funny because the resident teacher haters here and at TBP tell me that teachers are all overpaid and lazy do nothings. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

That's funny because the resident teacher haters here and at TBP tell me that teachers are all overpaid and lazy do nothings. 

They are.  Both my parents are being a bunch of bums at the lake all summer and get paid....lazy bastards

15 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

The good looking ones do it at Kittens .  :bc:

13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Or Tally Ho's.  

They have lots of time since the only work on average 180 days a year,

not bad bad money for a part time job 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Because being a Twin Cities Slum Lord and internet retard is so much more noble :snack:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

She has a masters degree and still did not bother to find out what a teacher makes before spending the money for a degree that pays 35,000$. ..??

9 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

You're a fucking idiot Sheldon.

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Because being a Twin Cities Slum Lord and internet retard is so much more noble :snack:

Wrong guy.....he shoots off fireworks.

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

You're a fucking idiot Sheldon.

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

$35k is part time money .  :bc:

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I know EZ is a Slum Lord but I thought Otis was a silver spoon slummer got his dad out of the business.  I don't pay attention to his dumb ass so I could be wrong. 

Just now, SnowRider said:

I know EZ is a Slum Lord but I thought Otis was a silver spoon slummer got his dad out of the business.  I don't pay attention to his dumb ass so I could be wrong. 

I know he shoots fireworks, has used the same lines for years and bitches about taxes and teachers....real life of the party. :lol:

• Gold Member

I applaud teachers who use their own funds to help their students, its entirely unfair to the teacher. The parent should be the one to do this and absent the parent the district should and then bill the parent at the end of the school year. At the very least the teacher should be reimbursed for this cost.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

I know he shoots fireworks, has used the same lines for years and bitches about taxes and teachers....real life of the party. :lol:

Whoops , I must have insulted Jimmys mom and his degree all in one shot  :lol:

Just now, Kivalo said:

I applaud teachers who use their own funds to help their students, its entirely unfair to the teacher. The parent should be the one to do this and absent the parent the district should and then bill the parent at the end of the school year. At the very least the teacher should be reimbursed for this cost.

Aww ,,, c,mon we all know the evil rich should pay the schools (AKA unions )!more to endoctrinate kids into the leftist way of life,  :lol:

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Aww ,,, c,mon we all know the evil rich should pay the schools (AKA unions )!more to endoctrinate kids into the leftist way of life,  :lol:

huh?

9 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

There is plenty of that going on and I have issues with the teachers unions also , but that doesn't change the fact that 35k a year is shit money and this thing with school supplies is going on all over the place . :bc:

• Gold Member

First what the fuck is somebody doing with a Masters degree doing teaching some 3rd graders.  That should be a GED type education level job.  Prolly not hurting for teachers.....  Supply vs demand thing.  They would be paying teachers more if there was a shortage.  But if you have a Master degree willing to work for 35k a year I can't fault them for paying that cause you have highly educated people willing to work for that wage.

Edited by BOHICA

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

First what the fuck is somebody doing with a Masters degree doing teaching some 3rd graders.  That should be a GED type education level job.  Prolly not hurting for teachers.....  Supply vs demand thing.  They would be paying teachers more if there was a shortage.  But if you have a Master degree willing to work for 35k a year I can't fault them for paying that cause you have highly educated people willing to work for that wage.

Clowns like you have it all wrong. :bc:  Dynamic teachers who often earn a masters because they want and also earn more money can often handle a larger student:teacher ratio.  The fact some hayseed lineman like yourself makes far more than an educated teacher epitomizes our fucked up priorities.  But you're too ignorant to understand. 

Average Teacher Salaries in Each State. The national average starting teacher salary is $36,141, while the average teacher salary in America (non-starting) is $56,383.

Economic Policy Institute President Lawrence Mishel explains that in the NCS data "Teachers are measured by days worked (say 190 official school days divided by five, resulting in 38 weeks), while others are measured as days paid (work days plus paid time off: breaks, vacations and holidays)."