Check your account email address ×

No assimilation from new immigrants...Trump strikes a chord

• Platinum Contributing Member

I was just reading an article from The NY Times discussing the racial and ethnic chords that Trump strikes in the electorate and there was a line from a Long Island Woman where she said all these new ethnic groups stick together so whites need to as well. Now before the usual characters chime in with the same old rhetoric just take a minute and think about the lack of assimilation by these groups and how it affects whites that have been for decades and even centuries. Why is assimilation so frowned upon when in the past it was expected and actually relished by immigrants? Why do we feel compelled to make so many allowances for new religious and ethnic immigrants while they thumb their nose at our traditions and rule of law....just something to ponder.

What puzzles me the most, is why you would uproot yourself and family to come to another country and then burn the flag, while you wave the flag of the country you fled.( Purely symbolic reference)

What was once considered history's most successful "melting pot" of a civilized and successful nation is now a divided country with it's own independent pockets of "resistance" with the true intent of absolutely no assimilation.  All while they soak up the government benefits our elected leaders easily allow them access to.  That same "resistance" will be protesting with ample access, validation and popularity from our liberal media in the upcoming convention while they are exercising their constitutional rights for "free speech" provided by the ones that are actually paying for it......the small remains of actual working Americans.  God bless the Republic of America.

We have become plain stupid in this country.

watching the local news this morning..........They were reporting on a local "community activist" group" according to the lead in.

Here is a large group of blacks waving their fists screaming.......... "BLACK POWER", over and over.

If this was a group of whites, screaming "White power",  everyone would be losing their minds.

We have moved so far beyond MLK's vision of America, it is sickening.

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We have become plain stupid in this country.

watching the local news this morning..........They were reporting on a local "community activist" group" according to the lead in.

Here is a large group of blacks waving their fists screaming.......... "BLACK POWER", over and over.

If this was a group of whites, screaming "White power",  everyone would be losing their minds.

We have moved so far beyond MLK's vision of America, it is sickening.

What is absolutely bizarre, is this seperation has been fostered by the current administration.  I don't get it.  Like most,  I didn't expect much out of Obama and his crew, but I for sure thought it may help unite the races in our country.  Jesus!!!!  It's done just the opposite!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

What is absolutely bizarre, is this seperation has been fostered by the current administration.  I don't get it.  Like most,  I didn't expect much out of Obama and his crew, but I for sure thought it may help unite the races in our country.  Jesus!!!!  It's done just the opposite!

Oh Christ just fuckin stop. Obama has not separated anything. If anything the fuckin entire republican party segregated him on day one.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Oh Christ just fuckin stop. Obama has not separated anything. If anything the fuckin entire republican party segregated him on day one.

Race relations are better or worse?

Partisans that believe Obama should only take credit for the good and all the bad is Republicans fault are just as bad as those who blame him for everything.

He owns this!

Z is right he could of united this Country, but instead he used racial strife to further his political career, at the expense of Americans.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Do you know what a leader is?  What they are supposed to be?  What they are supposed to do?  At what point did we all decide mediocre leadership is adequate?  Or, I should say, at what point did the liberals do that?  The weak electing the weak.

Edited by Zambroski

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Barry has been an abysmal failure of monumental proportions on every fucking level :guzzle: 

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

All one has to do is look at who Obama actually is.  From age 6 to 10 he wasn't even in the US.  He never assimilated himself, why would he push others to do that.  He is the worst role model for any of these groups.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well then you're fucking naive, not much more to say.......

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Naive in thinking the first black president would actually help race relations? The Great Uniter and Community organizer was a complete failure in this depertment but I had hoped he would help just a little bit being as though he's half black and the POTUS and all. 

5 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Yep.  I guess maybe I thought that the blacks finally having the success of one of their own occupy the most powerful political position in the world would give them a "shot in the arm".  Spark some confidence.  Realize hope.  Inspire discipline, hard work, goals, achievement, independence, pride, integrity, moral just, community uplifting, leadership among their race, etc.....

I was way off.  Sad.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  I guess maybe I thought that the blacks finally having the success of one of their own occupy the most powerful political position in the world would give them a "shot in the arm".  Spark some confidence.  Realize hope.  Inspire discipline, hard work, goals, achievement, independence, pride, integrity, moral just, community uplifting, leadership among their race, etc.....

I was way off.  Sad.

You might imagine the nigger might sponsored a legislative agenda to help his people, maybe all the free shit was intended to help with that :dunno: 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

If anyone is old enough to remember whats going on now is nothing new.

True. A bunch of blacks came over on boats once. That worked out well

53 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I was way off.  Sad.

You ever seen a lazy person change their ways because of something someone else achieved?

That shit comes from within.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Its Obamas fault cause he is black.....typical republican sewage.

I suppose it was ...oh fuckin nevermind.

So, I guess you're saying it was the evil Republicans then?  The Dems have had the majority of the senate seats through his terms though.  It's hard to figure out who the Dems are blaming from one day to another.  Wait...the NRA?  :dunno:

Tell us there MC, who should we blame for our current race relations being so poor?  And I find it impossible to believe it is Trump.  He's just recently been relevant.  And if one man whose just stepped on the scene can single handedly do this to race relations....it was never stable or better to begin with.

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

I was just reading an article from The NY Times discussing the racial and ethnic chords that Trump strikes in the electorate and there was a line from a Long Island Woman where she said all these new ethnic groups stick together so whites need to as well. Now before the usual characters chime in with the same old rhetoric just take a minute and think about the lack of assimilation by these groups and how it affects whites that have been for decades and even centuries. Why is assimilation so frowned upon when in the past it was expected and actually relished by immigrants? Why do we feel compelled to make so many allowances for new religious and ethnic immigrants while they thumb their nose at our traditions and rule of law....just something to ponder.

Well it's easy to see why people from white Christians from European countries could more easily assimilate in America than a Black Muslim for example. Let's not forget that even the European immigrants of the 19th and 20th Century that immigrated to America in many cases still spoke their native tongue in the home and in public. That was only lost in the 2nd or 3rd generation. 

I don't frown upon assimilation. 

I am pretty close to this subject.  My other half is an immigrant and I have a close friend who is black.  The friend is an intelligent guy that grew up on the bad side of town.  He moved to the burbs as a young teen just to get away from the crime and treatment in general.  He says that our president being black made it a nightmare for his family.  Race tensions became much higher right as the outcome of the election was evident. 

My immigrant wife does hang out with people from her native land.  Many of her friends have PHDs and they are strong contributors to the community. 

There is no blanket policy to cover these issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Its Obamas fault cause he is black.....typical republican sewage.

I suppose it was ...oh fuckin nevermind.

Honestly do you just hit the Reply button and blurt out the first thing that comes to mind? :wtf: