Would Sanders have beaten Trump?

Sanders vs. Trump  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would Sanders have beaten Trump?

• Yes.
    • No.

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

are you another silver spooner, wolfie? 

my old man never graduated high school, neither parent went to college, came to CT with nothing.  Both my parents worked hard, built businesses and were successful.  We were probably by definition, poor, until I was probably 10 years old  My old man always made us work, paint, shovel stone, rake, whatever.  No one handed him anything, and he wasn't going to do that for us either.  If we wanted a dirtbike, we paid for it by earning money, and getting jobs.  So no, hardly silver spooners.  When you go from driving a used 59 Chevy to 20 years later paying cash for an SL380 and several boats north of 36', you make jokes about it.  They earned it, and earned the right to make jokes about it.

• Like 2

Nope. Before the election I would bet that Americans would rather give free education to their kids than billions to the bankers and war industry. I would have bet that anyone could beat that lying bag of shit Trump. But America proved how deep down stupid they are. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Nope. Before the election I would bet that Americans would rather give free education to their kids than billions to the bankers and war industry. I would have bet that anyone could beat that lying bag of shit Trump. But America proved how deep down stupid they are. 

:golfclap:  Classic A.D.D. addled brainwashed sheep.

19 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

they proved that with the re-election of Obama ....he gave 5 trillion to the banks ...more than anyone ever....ever

Just now, f7ben said:

they proved that with the re-election of Obama ....he gave 5 trillion to the banks ...more than anyone ever....ever

Yes and Bush didn't sign off on any of it........ or did he?

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Yes and Bush didn't sign off on any of it........ or did he?

Ah no ....the 5 trillion of QE ...every penny came under the watch of Obama ....0 under Bush. Although Bush caused the need for it :lol: 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ah no ....the 5 trillion of QE ...every penny came under the watch of Obama ....0 under Bush. Although Bush caused the need for it :lol: 

That was a complete fuck up. Our government did it too. They didn't hand out the money. Just gave loans to the bank at 0 percent.  Imagine the government giving any business their raw material for free. They should have let the banks fail. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

That was a complete fuck up. Our government did it too. They didn't hand out the money. Just gave loans to the bank at 0 percent.  Imagine the government giving any business their raw material for free. They should have let the banks fail. 

I totally agree with you .....might be the first time. Great post 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I totally agree with you .....might be the first time. Great post 

Yeah that's real sweet now tell him to go fuck off or call him a moronic cum dumpster....something....anything! :lol:

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

you are 100% correct for once. they should have let them fail.  you are still a smelly cunt 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

yes all Bush faut for going Along with  old Dem mandatés. 

On 6/10/2017 at 10:00 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

No, I don't think he would  have.  He was too far left.

I agree.   I hope people aren't basing their guesstimates off polls. :lol:   

If Bernie could have centered himself some after getting the nomination he could have won.   I really don't think he would have.   Plenty of people in this country don't think so much shit should be free.  

The R'snlost the GE by 3 million votes with fewer votes for Dump than Willard in 2012 - yet the FSCE Clown Posse thinks they have some kind of mandate. :lmao:

I'm enjoy watching the R's overplay their hand :snack:

14 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

The R'snlost the GE by 3 million votes with fewer votes for Dump than Willard in 2012 - yet the FSCE Clown Posse thinks they have some kind of mandate. :lmao:

I'm enjoy watching the R's overplay their hand :snack:

Yeah....'THANKS CALIFORNIA".  And while you certainly enjoy all of us here "overplaying our hand", it is clearly you that have done nothing but shown your massive butt-hurt and false intellect here.  Good for you though....keep thinking you are "winning" by believing you are still the "smartest person here".

You are a joke.  Plain and simple.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Yep, same with the auto industry.  

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I agree.   I hope people aren't basing their guesstimates off polls. :lol:   

If Bernie could have centered himself some after getting the nomination he could have won.   I really don't think he would have.   Plenty of people in this country don't think so much shit should be free.  

Have you ever looked up corporate welfare vs the costs of subsidies for education? What about the obscene profits that go to the weapons industry? How much is spent there vs welfare?

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep, same with the auto industry.  

At least with the Auto industry there was some technology and jobs worth protecting vs the banks.

Right everything would be jsut great if we let the auto industry collapse as well tas the financial system

I have huge issues with he government deciding who were winners and losers based on politics like they did with the banks but end of the day they needed to act because one way or another the losses from a full collapse was falling back on the government whether that was paying the autoworkers pensions through the PBGC,  reimbursing depositors through the FDIC or the loss of payroll and income taxes from all the workers/downstream suppliers there was no better choice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Have you ever looked up corporate welfare vs the costs of subsidies for education? What about the obscene profits that go to the weapons industry? How much is spent there vs welfare?

At least with the Auto industry there was some technology and jobs worth protecting vs the banks.

Don't kid yourself the banks failing would have had a huge impact as well.  I just wanted for things to shake themselves out naturally without Big Brother bailing them out.   There would have been pain but in the end the auto and banking industries would have been better off.  

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

I've posted a number of times that with what we ALREADY spend on higher education is enough to give like 20 million college students $9000 a year for education.   Why is the answer always to spend or move more money instead of properly allocating what is already there?  I'm all for cutting the defense budget dramatically and making countries like Canada hold up their end of the NATO 2% of GDP agreement.   If all NATO countries spent enough the US wouldn't have to.   

I also hate to break this to you but defense is a constitutional responsibility of govt.....Welfare is not.

19 hours ago, f7ben said:

Thats why i dont vote for a party candidate. At the end of the day they are beholden to somebody else and that somebody isnt the tax payer. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Highmark said:

Don't kid yourself the banks failing would have had a huge impact as well.  I just wanted for things to shake themselves out naturally without Big Brother bailing them out.   There would have been pain but in the end the auto and banking industries would have been better off.  

There would have been fall out from the banks but not as much long term job loss as there would have from the Auto industry. In the end what did the Auto bail out cost/ vs gain.  Compare that to what the Banks bail out is costing.

23 hours ago, Highmark said:

I've posted a number of times that with what we ALREADY spend on higher education is enough to give like 20 million college students $9000 a year for education.   Why is the answer always to spend or move more money instead of properly allocating what is already there?  I'm all for cutting the defense budget dramatically and making countries like Canada hold up their end of the NATO 2% of GDP agreement.   If all NATO countries spent enough the US wouldn't have to.   

I also hate to break this to you but defense is a constitutional responsibility of govt.....Welfare is not.

Well, I'd have to look at who gains out of NATO spending. If a huge portion of NATO spending goes to US companies. i.e. funnelled US security firms or weapons companies then I would be against Canada sending 2% of GDP there. If the US keeps acting without NATO approval and causing issues, I would question why my tax dollars should pay for US mistakes.

If I owned a cottage with my brothers and 3/4 of the cost of ownership was fixing the damage that one brother and his drunk  friends did one their weekends, I'd get tired of paying an equal portion.

• Gold Member

Take money away from the military industrial complex you lose massive amounts of jobs and many high tech jobs.  When you design billion dollar planes it takes a lot of highly skilled engineer type individuals and such.  The economy will collapses when a cut is made in the military industrial complex...  that is why no matter who is in charge...  Repub or democrat don't make cuts

38 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Take money away from the military industrial complex you lose massive amounts of jobs and many high tech jobs.  When you design billion dollar planes it takes a lot of highly skilled engineer type individuals and such.  The economy will collapses when a cut is made in the military industrial complex...  that is why no matter who is in charge...  Repub or democrat don't make cuts

No tax payers ever created from military spending, not even one :guzzle: