Check your account email address ×

Would Sanders have beaten Trump?

Sanders vs. Trump  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would Sanders have beaten Trump?

• Yes.
    • No.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Take money away from the military industrial complex you lose massive amounts of jobs and many high tech jobs.  When you design billion dollar planes it takes a lot of highly skilled engineer type individuals and such.  The economy will collapses when a cut is made in the military industrial complex...  that is why no matter who is in charge...  Repub or democrat don't make cuts

You have to be one dumb brain dead motherfucker to actually use that as a defense for MIC spending .......I mean like Pelosi retarded

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You have to be one dumb brain dead motherfucker to actually use that as a defense for MIC spending .......I mean like Pelosi retarded

You have to be one dumbfuck bootlicking idiot  to form an opinion like yours from my statement....  nowhere did I say it would bother me or I would care if they cut military spending  at the expense of jobs...

Edited by BOHICA

40 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You have to be one dumbfuck bootlicking idiot  to form an opinion like yours from my statement....  nowhere did I say it would bother me or I would care if they cut military spending  at the expense of jobs...

Jobs that have no business existing retard ......we dont build bridges to nowhere every day just to create jobs and we shouldnt be spending Trillions on defense shit we dont need just because it creates jobs.

The other issue is that that military spending leads to military conflict directly so in the end regardless of those jobs it is a net loss money wise and obviously a massive burden on the nation as a whole 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Jobs that have no business existing retard ......we dont build bridges to nowhere every day just to create jobs and we shouldnt be spending Trillions on defense shit we dont need just because it creates jobs.

The other issue is that that military spending leads to military conflict directly so in the end regardless of those jobs it is a net loss money wise and obviously a massive burden on the nation as a whole 

Imagine if our best and brightest weren't occupied with figuring out new and better ways of killing poor people.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Imagine if our best and brightest weren't occupied with figuring out new and better ways of killing poor people.

Gaygrabsdicks10 is so dumb ....on one hand he would argue that welfare is wrong and handouts are bullshit ....then 5 minutes later he is singing the virtues of military spending and all the jobs it creates :lol: just too dumb to breath 

• Gold Member
29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Not disagreeing that government spending is a waste.  But those that work for defense contractor would most likely be on welfare or in competition for private sector jobs depressing the wages as the public sector wouldn't have enough jobs for them.  Like I said I'm ok with people going hungry.  But let's be honest you wouldn't be where you are in life Ben without the military industrial complex

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Not disagreeing that government spending is a waste.  But those that work for defense contractor would most likely be on welfare or in competition for private sector jobs depressing the wages as the public sector wouldn't have enough jobs for them.  Like I said I'm ok with people going hungry.  But let's be honest you wouldn't be where you are in life Ben without the military industrial complex

Who knows where anyone would be ....its stupid to imply that the productivity of the MIC would not be absorbed by other sectors. That MIC money would be spent by someone be it the government or the private sector. I'd prefer to see it channeled into meaningful endeavors.....not just blowing people up for no reason.

How about we pay all of them the same wages to try and figure out how to colonize the moon ....there .....happy f7ben 

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

You don't know what it would be like without the MIC.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

You don't know what it would be like without the MIC.

Millions would be out of work is what would happen...  in cool with it!!!!  I lived close to Boeing plant when going through my apprenticeship.  When they weren't build planes for the military you could find a lot of nice shit for sale for dirt cheap...  sleds, boats, pickups.  When the military was a hopper and ordering shit cheap toys in the area were non existent.  Cause we'll fare and unemployment doesn't cover toys and shit and other purchases.

lets just take the 600 billion from the Mic and just spread it amongst 300 million people or so in the US and just call it a UBI like you wacko's wet dream of.  2k for everybody...  we can just lay of the millions that are currently employed with that money.....

like I said...  I'm cool with it!!!

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

There would have been fall out from the banks but not as much long term job loss as there would have from the Auto industry. In the end what did the Auto bail out cost/ vs gain.  Compare that to what the Banks bail out is costing.

Well, I'd have to look at who gains out of NATO spending. If a huge portion of NATO spending goes to US companies. i.e. funnelled US security firms or weapons companies then I would be against Canada sending 2% of GDP there. If the US keeps acting without NATO approval and causing issues, I would question why my tax dollars should pay for US mistakes.

If I owned a cottage with my brothers and 3/4 of the cost of ownership was fixing the damage that one brother and his drunk  friends did one their weekends, I'd get tired of paying an equal portion.

The guideline is for NATO countries to spent 2% of gdp on their own defense not NATO.   The idea is if all are militarily string the strong they are as a unit.  Only 5 countries meet it and maple syrup land is not one of them. 

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Take money away from the military industrial complex you lose massive amounts of jobs and many high tech jobs.  When you design billion dollar planes it takes a lot of highly skilled engineer type individuals and such.  The economy will collapses when a cut is made in the military industrial complex...  that is why no matter who is in charge...  Repub or democrat don't make cuts

Just fucking dumb.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

This

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Gaygrabsdicks10 is so dumb ....on one hand he would argue that welfare is wrong and handouts are bullshit ....then 5 minutes later he is singing the virtues of military spending and all the jobs it creates :lol: just too dumb to breath 

and This

55 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Millions would be out of work is what would happen...  in cool with it!!!!  I lived close to Boeing plant when going through my apprenticeship.  When they weren't build planes for the military you could find a lot of nice shit for sail for dirt cheap...  sleds, boats, pickups.  When the military was a hopper and ordering shit cheap toys in the area were non existent.  Cause we'll fare and unemployment doesn't cover toys and shit and other purchases.

lets just take the 600 billion from the Mic and just spread it amongst 300 million people or so in the US and just call it a UBI like you wacko's wet dream of.  2k for everybody...  we can just lay of the millions that are currently employed with that money.....

like I said...  I'm cool with it!!!

Not this.  This is dumb.

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The guideline is for NATO countries to spent 2% of gdp on their own defense not NATO.   The idea is if all are militarily string the strong they are as a unit.  Only 5 countries meet it and maple syrup land is not one of them. 

You know how a large portion or Americans see people suffering overseas and say. Not my problem. Fuck off refugees. (even if you were responsible for some of them)?   

Well, what if Canada did that? How much money would Canada have saved if we took that attitude During the Gulf war and Afghanistan? We could have said fuck that, we didn't prop us Saddam, we didn't keep the Saudi family in power, we didn't kick out a democratically elected government in Iran. We didn't arm the Taliban. 

You assholes don't get to spend that last 30 years benefitting from NATO, cause a shit load of problems and them bitch that others aren't spending enough. The last people Canada pissed off were the Germans. Something about being there at the start of the war instead of hiding in the corner until the Japanese found them.

12 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

You know how a large portion or Americans see people suffering overseas and say. Not my problem. Fuck off refugees. (even if you were responsible for some of them)?   

Well, what if Canada did that? How much money would Canada have saved if we took that attitude During the Gulf war and Afghanistan? We could have said fuck that, we didn't prop us Saddam, we didn't keep the Saudi family in power, we didn't kick out a democratically elected government in Iran. We didn't arm the Taliban. 

You assholes don't get to spend that last 30 years benefitting from NATO, cause a shit load of problems and them bitch that others aren't spending enough. The last people Canada pissed off were the Germans. Something about being there at the start of the war instead of hiding in the corner until the Japanese found them.

No, a large portion of American's see that we are $20 Trillion in debt of which a large portion was being the worlds policeman since WW2.  You can say what you want but what would Russia have done from 1945-1991 had it not been for the military spending of the US?

Us assholes as you put it benefited from NATO?   Holy fucking delusional batman.   As for WW2 I wish we would have fucking stayed out of Europe.   I wish we would have let Russia finish it off themselves.  What then for Europe?   With what is happening in Europe today its looking like a complete waste of money and lives.    It surely wasn't the British, French and Canadians that were going to defeat Germany.  Russia did most of the work.   You also seem to forget who was supplying the allies to the equivalent of $667 billion today thru the lend lease act.  Hell was Canada even its own country before 1931? :lol:   We won't even get into the Pacific theater and Canada's involvement because there basically was NONE until mother England was safe, even then they didn't do SHIT.  

As for the whole "refugees" bullshit.   The last time I checked we already got about 15 million (half the population of Canada) here as "refugees."   Currently immigrants make up about 14% of our population.   Almost 20% of our population is world foreign born.   Want to know what Nookville's is?  3.4% foreign born. :lol:  

Typical liberal spouting off without knowing the facts.   

http://www.canadahistory.com/sections/war/WW II/Pacific War.html

Canada's involvement in the Pacific theatre was a defensive posture with the U.S. taking on the majority of the load. Coastal defences were built, observation post established and of course the Alcan highway was built which connected Alaska to the lower states. There were Canadian pilots who were stationed in Southeast Asia and Canadian sailors who were assigned to British ships but with Canada substantially committed to the European theatre and the Battle of the Atlantic, it fell to Britain, the U.S., China, Australia, New Zealand, India and an assortment of other nations. After victory in Europe there was a huge re-allocation of military forces that began with Canadian sailors, and airmen being transferred to the Pacific Theatre, but most of these forces were in transition when the war ended in August of 1945.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_by_immigrant_population

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/immigrant-population-over-time?width=1000&height=850&iframe=true

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

No, a large portion of American's see that we are $20 Trillion in debt of which a large portion was being the worlds policeman since WW2.  You can say what you want but what would Russia have done from 1945-1991 had it not been for the military spending of the US?

Us assholes as you put it benefited from NATO?   Holy fucking delusional batman.   As for WW2 I wish we would have fucking stayed out of Europe.   I wish we would have let Russia finish it off themselves.  What then for Europe?   With what is happening in Europe today its looking like a complete waste of money and lives.    It surely wasn't the British, French and Canadians that were going to defeat Germany.  Russia did most of the work.   You also seem to forget who was supplying the allies to the equivalent of $667 billion today thru the lend lease act.  Hell was Canada even its own country before 1931? :lol:   We won't even get into the Pacific theater and Canada's involvement because there basically was NONE until mother England was safe, even then they didn't do SHIT.  

As for the whole "refugees" bullshit.   The last time I checked we already got about 15 million (half the population of Canada) here as "refugees."   Currently immigrants make up about 14% of our population.   Almost 20% of our population is world foreign born.   Want to know what Nookville's is?  3.4% foreign born. :lol:  

Typical liberal spouting off without knowing the facts.   

http://www.canadahistory.com/sections/war/WW II/Pacific War.html

Canada's involvement in the Pacific theatre was a defensive posture with the U.S. taking on the majority of the load. Coastal defences were built, observation post established and of course the Alcan highway was built which connected Alaska to the lower states. There were Canadian pilots who were stationed in Southeast Asia and Canadian sailors who were assigned to British ships but with Canada substantially committed to the European theatre and the Battle of the Atlantic, it fell to Britain, the U.S., China, Australia, New Zealand, India and an assortment of other nations. After victory in Europe there was a huge re-allocation of military forces that began with Canadian sailors, and airmen being transferred to the Pacific Theatre, but most of these forces were in transition when the war ended in August of 1945.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_by_immigrant_population

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/immigrant-population-over-time?width=1000&height=850&iframe=true

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-010-x/99-010-x2011001-eng.cfm

Speaking of spouting off without knowing the facts. Your 3.4% is a little on the low side.

Regarding Russia taking over Europe without the US. That may have happened. Or Germany would have won.

For years everyone thought that would have been the worse outcome. 

Isn't it weird how much more respected Germany has become vs the US recently?

Here they are being respectful of immigrants and the US is talking about Muslims the way Hitler talked about Jews.

A shit load of the members on here make comments about Muslims that the Hitler youth would have made about the Jews.

12 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-010-x/99-010-x2011001-eng.cfm

Speaking of spouting off without knowing the facts. Your 3.4% is a little on the low side.

Regarding Russia taking over Europe without the US. That may have happened. Or Germany would have won.

For years everyone thought that would have been the worse outcome. 

Isn't it weird how much more respected Germany has become vs the US recently?

Here they are being respectful of immigrants and the US is talking about Muslims the way Hitler talked about Jews.

A shit load of the members on here make comments about Muslims that the Hitler youth would have made about the Jews.

1. My source is Wiki whose source is the UN.  3.4% is right in the link you might want to check it out.  If you are referring to the difference between 3.4% in my link to your 3.5% well then :lol: Make sure you are comparing the same statistic.   

2. Anti-Muslim views are not racial by nature.

3. Jews were not bigoted, homophobic, misogynistic murderers.  Many muslims are.

4. Jews were hated in Germany because of who they were as a "race" not the religion they practiced.  

5. If Germany's immigration policy is so wise why is Merkel paying them to leave and ramping that process up?  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38919038

6. Germany would have never defeated the Red Army.   It would have taken Russia a few more years without the rest of the Allies but chances are Europe would have become all communist over time without the US around.  It come down to resources and nobody had them like the US and Russia.  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

1. My source is Wiki whose source is the UN.  3.4% is right in the link you might want to check it out.  If you are referring to the difference between 3.4% in my link to your 3.5% well then :lol: Make sure you are comparing the same statistic.   

3. Jews were not bigoted, homophobic, misogynistic murderers.  Many muslims are.

4. Jews were hated in Germany because of who they were as a "race" not the religion they practiced.  

5. If Germany's immigration policy is so wise why is Merkel paying them to leave and ramping that process up?  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38919038

6. Germany would have never defeated the Red Army.   It would have taken Russia a few more years without the rest of the Allies but chances are Europe would have become all communist over time without the US around.  

The percentage of our our foreign born population is the highest in the G8.  If you are trying to play with numbers based on your population being 10 times our size then go ahead but that's as stupid as voting for Trump.

We have accepted a higher number of immigrants relative to our population size than the US. 

as for your #3 That's exactly what the Hitler youth said about Jews. 

I bet they also blamed Jews for taking their jobs like Americans blame Mexicans.

You know that they did for a while? They rounded them up and put them on trains.  You guys are using buses so that's different.

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The percentage of our our foreign born population is the highest in the G8.  If you are trying to play with numbers based on your population being 10 times our size then go ahead but that's as stupid as voting for Trump.

We have accepted a higher number of immigrants relative to our population size than the US. 

as for your #3 That's exactly what the Hitler youth said about Jews. 

I bet they also blamed Jews for taking their jobs like Americans blame Mexicans.

You know that they did for a while? They rounded them up and put them on trains.  You guys are using buses so that's different.

Dude, I'm simply showing what the UN is.   If you can't accept that its your thing.  

Hitler youth?  Can you post up some links showing this?

Yes we are busing them to concentration camps.   You're fucking tool dude for trying to even make this comparison.   

52 minutes ago, Highmark said:

6. Germany would have never defeated the Red Army.   It would have taken Russia a few more years without the rest of the Allies but chances are Europe would have become all communist over time without the US around.  It come down to resources and nobody had them like the US and Russia.  

:snack:This is spot on:

IMG_3198.JPG

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude, I'm simply showing what the UN is.   If you can't accept that its your thing.  

Hitler youth?  Can you post up some links showing this?

Yes we are busing them to concentration camps.   You're fucking tool dude for trying to even make this comparison.   

The truth hurts when your fucking rhetoric called out