Check your account email address ×

Local race tracks

48 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

If you want to see a great 410 wing sprint car race, go to Williams Grove(Mechanicsburg) for the Fall Nationals. Its usually a 2 day event. FRI-SAT. In Oct.

:bc:

I’m lucky to get away for 4 hours on a Saturday night.  :lol:

But yes, I’d like to do that someday.  :bc:

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

As a kid we used to go to Beach Ridge Speedway in Scarborough, ME for the most part. I went to Lee once or twice and Bryer's Motorsports Track in Loudon several times before it was scrapped for the Magic Mile.

Hudson , lee ans star is where we always went. Everytime Im up north in summer I think about going to Lancaster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Hudson , lee ans star is where we always went. Everytime Im up north in summer I think about going to Lancaster.

I think that you are thinking about Riverside Speedway just north of Lancaster in Groveton.

A friend and his son that @Angry ginger and I used to ride with used to race there. They probably still do as the last I knew they were both still involved in racing.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I think that you are thinking about Riverside Speedway just north of Lancaster in Groveton.

A friend and his son that @Angry ginger and I used to ride with used to race there. They probably still do as the last I knew they were both still involved in racing.

yep, thats it. Ive never been

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

yep, thats it. Ive never been

If you are in the area you should check it out. As with any short track on a Friday or Saturday night, you might even witness a few temper's flaring. On and off the track. :lol:

• Thanks 1

Local guy started a facebook page of the old local dirt tracks around the area.  It's grown well and now have some of the old drivers or families of the old drivers sharing old pics and stores.  One of the local photographer is sharing pics from his collection.

The guy that started the page actually found his dad's old coupe and is now in the process of restoring it.

78 found.jpg

78 old.jpg

• Like 3

This track lives in infamy...When the builder designed the townhouse complex that is now on the property, he incorporated the exact footprint of the racetrack into the design. He  paved the footprint as the main road (oval) ...He built all the townhouses around the perimeter, as the driveways all enter/exit off that original track footprint...

00000000004c.jpg.opt665x380o0,0s665x380.jpg

345437678_170412672633930_799743982225621291_n.jpg

Edited by SlugsOnSleds
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ckf said:

If you are in the area you should check it out. As with any short track on a Friday or Saturday night, you might even witness a few temper's flaring. On and off the track. :lol:

It’s a good operation these days. Added a moto x track and really try to cater to kids and families. Back in the day though. Late 80s. It’s was capital R rough. Almost went under for a while. Like a lot of small town tracks.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shifty said:

It’s a good operation these days. Added a moto x track and really try to cater to kids and families. Back in the day though. Late 80s. It’s was capital R rough. Almost went under for a while. Like a lot of small town tracks.  

Hasn't it changed owners a few times over the past few years?' I remember it being White Mountain Motorsports Park or something like that. Then it was Speedway 51 or something like that. I remember seeing the pace car in IP quite often.

21 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Where is the next closest pavement track?  The Dells?  La Crosse?  Elko?

They'd have to rip up the pavement if they have a chance and making it work.

this is a long time coming... :(

If your in Nth Central Wisconsin a couple good tracks to go to would be:

141 Speedway in Francis Creek/Maribel Wisconsin.  Small 1/3 mile track that runs their regular show on Saturday night.  IMCA modifies, Sport Mods, IMCA stock cars, Grand Nationals, Street stocks and sport compact.  They also have some 2 day specials through the year.

Plymouth Dirt track Plymouth Wisconsin.  Small 1/3 mile that runs on Saturday nights.  360 winged Sprint cars, Grand Nationals, Sport mods and 6 race series for late models.  Also has 410 winged sprint car specials.

Outagamie Speedway Seymour Wisconsin.  1/3 mile track that runs on Friday night. IMCA modifies, Sport Mods, IMCA stock cars, Grand Nationals, Street stocks and sport compact.  Specials through the year include 410 winged sprint cars and late models.

Shawano Speedway Shawano Wisconsin.  1/2 mile that runs on Saturday nights. Late models, IMCA modifies, Sport Mods, IMCA stock cars, Grand Nationals, Street stocks and sport compact.  

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 7:19 PM, ckf said:

Hasn't it changed owners a few times over the past few years?' I remember it being White Mountain Motorsports Park or something like that. Then it was Speedway 51 or something like that. I remember seeing the pace car in IP quite often.

Yes it has changed hands a few times since the original owners sold out a while back. The have snow cross and monster trucks in the winter. White mtn Motorsport park is in north Woodstock.  It’s a bigger nicer venue. Really top notch for a small town track. https://www.whitemountainmotorsports.com

• Like 2

On 4/24/2024 at 9:02 AM, Shifty said:

Yes it has changed hands a few times since the original owners sold out a while back. The have snow cross and monster trucks in the winter. White mtn Motorsport park is in north Woodstock.  It’s a bigger nicer venue. Really top notch for a small town track. https://www.whitemountainmotorsports.com

We HAD a good County owned 1/3 mile dirt track and at one time had the highest IMCA modified car count in Wisconsin.  One of our snowmobile club members did all the track prep.  The track was wide and on a normal night had 2-3 good lanes with good racing.  The problem was the track promoters and and county Executive did not got alone at all.  When the contract for renewal came up it became very personal and unprofessional between both parties.  In the end the RFP was written by the County that the promoter or anybody else could meet the requirements or rent.  The County signed a contract with Lifefeast and bulldozed the track to build a stage.

Now the County Executive is gone, the stage is used once a year and Lifefeast wants out of their contract.  Was a shame that they couldn't work together.       

On 4/26/2024 at 7:37 PM, Doug said:

We HAD a good County owned 1/3 mile dirt track and at one time had the highest IMCA modified car count in Wisconsin.  One of our snowmobile club members did all the track prep.  The track was wide and on a normal night had 2-3 good lanes with good racing.  The problem was the track promoters and and county Executive did not got alone at all.  When the contract for renewal came up it became very personal and unprofessional between both parties.  In the end the RFP was written by the County that the promoter or anybody else could meet the requirements or rent.  The County signed a contract with Lifefeast and bulldozed the track to build a stage.

Now the County Executive is gone, the stage is used once a year and Lifefeast wants out of their contract.  Was a shame that they couldn't work together.       

Sounds like the guy that ran the fair on Fargo. 

I swear fair boards bring him in to get rid of race tracks.   There was no way in hell that track was going to exist while he was there.

He did it to another fair down in Kansas or someplace like that in the last year or so.

Fargo got the track back and going thanks to a lot of dedicated locals, but shortened it from a big half miler.  Good track too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Sounds like the guy that ran the fair on Fargo. 

I swear fair boards bring him in to get rid of race tracks.   There was no way in hell that track was going to exist while he was there.

He did it to another fair down in Kansas or someplace like that in the last year or so.

Fargo got the track back and going thanks to a lot of dedicated locals, but shortened it from a big half miler.  Good track too.

Didn't realize it got fucked.  Lots of good memories from there.

20 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

One of my co-workers owns and runs WIR with her husband.

https://wirmotorsports.com

Some notables that raced at WIR on a regular weekly basis during some point in their career was Dick Trickle and Matt Kenseth.  Others that were regulars with the old ASA series and WIR specials were Rusty Wallace and Mark Martin.    

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

Some notables that raced at WIR on a regular weekly basis during some point in their career was Dick Trickle and Matt Kenseth.  Others that were regulars with the old ASA series and WIR specials were Rusty Wallace and Mark Martin.    

Yeah since 1964 - they’ve been running it for 5-7+ years now.  Golden Sands is another active track where those guys raced a lot, thats about 5-6 miles down the road from the little woman’s house.

• Like 1

Ok I feel stupid - she married into the family that has owned it since 1964!  It’s the longest family owned race track in Wisconsin… since gma died 5ish years ago, that’s how long they’ve been running WIR.

5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Ok I feel stupid - she married into the family that has owned it since 1964!  It’s the longest family owned race track in Wisconsin… since gma died 5ish years ago, that’s how long they’ve been running WIR.

All good it does have a long history. 

Remember going there with my dad in the 60's and 70's.  Early on he told me to watch the 99 car that was Dick Trickle.  At the time think he was running a 65 or 66 Galaxie 500

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Didn't realize it got fucked.  Lots of good memories from there.

If it wasn't for Donny Schatz's dad and some other dedicated locals, Fargo wouldn't have a track anymore.

They shortened it from 1/2 mile to 3/8 and switched from WISSOTA to IMCA.

• Like 2