Check your account email address ×

Do you wear a watch?

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I have an uncle that's 98 this summer. He was the oldest child and has outlived all his siblings. The guy still drives and lives life to the fullest. He was a very successful businessman and still has a ton of dough.

IMG_0688.JPG

Looking damn good for 98. My father in law is 90 this year. Stopped by to see him last week. He was pushing the wheel barrow down his driveway fixing up the winter damage filling in the pot holes. This is his driveway.

Capture1.JPG.4bb8fddc8654026fdd51eb1b2282e45a.JPG

• Like 1

I think it's awesome you guys are doing what needs to be done and drop that weight.  We all know it's a REALLY tough thing to do to get back in shape in later years.  Food just tastes SO DAMN GOOD!  And the weight almost needs to be forced off by threats!  I can't believe how slowly my body is reacting to diet.  It SUX!  I wanted wings this weekend!!!!!

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Looking damn good for 98. My father in law is 90 this year. Stopped by to see him last week. He was pushing the wheel barrow down his driveway fixing up the winter damage filling in the pot holes. This is his driveway.

Capture1.JPG.4bb8fddc8654026fdd51eb1b2282e45a.JPG

90 and livin in his own home.:bc:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I think it's awesome you guys are doing what needs to be done and drop that weight.  We all know it's a REALLY tough thing to do to get back in shape in later years.  Food just tastes SO DAMN GOOD!  And the weight almost needs to be forced off by threats!  I can't believe how slowly my body is reacting to diet.  It SUX!  I wanted wings this weekend!!!!!

I noticed at 40 it was HARD.  Past 50 is REALLLLY HARD.  And like you, I like to eat and tip back a few toddies.  Not gonna live the rest of my life on soy grass and non alcoholic beer ffs! :lol: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I noticed at 40 it was HARD.  Past 50 is REALLLLY HARD.  And like you, I like to eat and tip back a few toddies.  Not gonna live the rest of my life on soy grass and non alcoholic beer ffs! :lol: 

I think the hardest part for all of us is first realizing that the body we may have had in our youth is gone...and most likely never gonna come back. Then, deciding what is a happy medium.  I used to be a gym freak.  And while I've still got a lot of "meat", the tone is well, "subdued" :lmao: Just getting to a healthy size and weight that is realistically and attainable is a great win!  Cuz, I gotta be honest, the "taking off my shirt to impress the ladies" days are over.  Impressing myself with being able to put down 20 searing hot wings in a sitting is more my style!  And a lot easier to do!  I just don't wanna look like that's what I do. :lol:

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

God bless him.  Good genes, clean living, or both?  When we do financial assessments, we always stretch the numbers out to 90 years old, because half the population is living that long nowadays and the money has to last. 

Social drinker. Never smoked. I wouldn't say great genes because cancer is an issue in the family and with his siblings.

21 minutes ago, Dave said:

Thats awesome... probably has some great stories i bet. :bc:

He was born in America, grew up in Italy. Came back for college. After college he went to Germany to get my grandpa after WW2 out of a nazi prison camp. Grandpa was a really big man when he went in, but had to be carried out of there at 72 lbs he was so weak. Scooped up the rest of the family in Italy, brought them here and supported the family until gramps was strong enough to go back to work. He really is an amazing guy. Got me into investing at a young age and always gave really good advise. 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Coors light is 102 calories...bud prohibition non alc is 160. Wtf

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think the hardest part for all of us is first realizing that the body we may have had in our youth is gone...and most likely never gonna come back. Then, deciding what is a happy medium.  I used to be a gym freak.  And while I've still got a lot of "meat", the tone is well, "subdued" :lmao: Just getting to a healthy size and weight that is realistically and attainable is a great win!  Cuz, I gotta be honest, the "taking off my shirt to impress the ladies" days are over.  Impressing myself with being able to put down 20 searing hot wings in a sitting is more my style!  And a lot easier to do!  I just don't wanna look like that's what I do. :lol:

I went through that stage. I dont want to ever go back....its not a bright future.

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

whats this beer stuff you speak of.  

I do miss a brew on the deck and I golfed yesterday afternoon with no beers which was a bit odd but it's not worth teh calories to me right now.   

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

I went through that stage. I dont want to ever go back....its not a bright future.

I know.  I'm actually trying to sell myself on grilling wings tomorrow.  You're pic and post planted a nasty seed in my head.  So, I fugure, if I can push some of the blame (and guilt) off on you, I may be able to do it!

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

I know.  I'm actually trying to sell myself on grilling wings tomorrow.  You're pic and post planted a nasty seed in my head.  So, I fugure, if I can push some of the blame (and guilt) off on you, I may be able to do it!

well prepared grilled wings are almost as good and half the calories.  outside a few up north this winter i've been only dong grilled.  

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I was a 32" waist from high school til about 41 years old.  I fought it for a number of years, but have settled into a 36" now.  If I dropped 20-30, I'd feel better and be back to about a 34".  All this talk of health and weight loss is starting to motivate me.  Just not enough.  I do plan on shoveling and spreading about 3 yard of top soil this weekend, we'll call that exercise. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Nope.  Even at the 20-30 lbs I gained since racing, I feel like shit in comparison.  Its important to just stay active.  Speaking of which, I gotta go sling some bonds and mutual funds.   Have a day gents :bc:  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

well prepared grilled wings are almost as good and half the calories.  outside a few up north this winter i've been only dong grilled.  

wtf I don't need to know all your weight loss secrets :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Ok....you're right.  And now with you shouldering just enough of the guilt...it's on! :lol:

I've actually smoke them before and holy shit!  Amazing.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Ok....you're right.  And now with you shouldering just enough of the guilt...it's on! :lol:

I've actually smoke them before and holy shit!  Amazing.  

Good dry rub or even soak them for a day in a light buff sauce. I buy them sometimes already in sauce from a local butcher great because when they vacuum seal it sucks the sauce in. 

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm gonna be 60 this year, and other than some tired knees, and a few assorted aches and pains, Im good.  Knee replacements are outpatient procedures these days.  And speaking of Tom Fuckery,  I raced competitive motocross until I was 54, and still love offtrailing in 5' of snow, so thats no small feat.   I really need to lose 20-30 lbs. though, thats whats holding me back more than anything, but I still love to eat and pound drinks on the weekend.  The moment I stopped racing, the weight started adding on.  AG and Daive are getting down in my range now, I can't let that happen. :lol: 

Old bastid

14 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Last time I read a post in this thread ,we were still talking watches . Now it's switched to loosing weight and living longer ...holy topic switch lol

First time on FS?  :lol:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Just read where most under 40 don't.

Here is what I wear just a Seiko Solar-

watch.jpg

Old-school (2 years old) mechanical, self-winding Raymond Weil for me.  I saw on Modern Marvels the spinning thing just under the 12 O'clock is to negate the effects of gravity on the movement.  :bc:

Watch.jpg

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

My wife and I do Beach Bodies Focus T25 after work during the week.  It's a bitch to start, but once you are about a week and a half into it, you look forward to your next workout.  At my age, I feel so much better working out.  It really helps with keeping the weight off and your mobility increases unbelievably.  When you're on the ground working on your mower, you can breathe! LOL  I would highly recommend it and it's only 25 minutes a day.  From doing T25 I can get off the floor without using my hands - pretty good for being over 50 and completely due to our T25 workouts.  :bc: