Check your account email address ×

Urban Overlanders - The Ricers of Today

PSA - ya'll can take off your empty fuel and water jugs, your some'er teeth jacks, your traction pads, and your rooftop pop-up tents.

We all know you aren't out camping in the Target parking lot in that overlanding Wrangler or 4Runner or Tacoma that has been spotlessly clean since you've bought it.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

PSA - ya'll can take off your empty fuel and water jugs, your some'er teeth jacks, your traction pads, and your rooftop pop-up tents.

We all know you aren't out camping in the Target parking lot in that overlanding Wrangler or 4Runner or Tacoma that has been spotlessly clean since you've bought it.

-10F 

IMG_0543.jpeg

IMG_0516.jpeg

See, in MN, you'd have to take that rig to Target to get your Starbucks, then head off to Albertville Outlet Mall for the day before returning home and doing it all over again tomorrow.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

See, in MN, you'd have to take that rig to Target to get your Starbucks, then head off to Albertville Outlet Mall for the day before returning home and doing it all over again tomorrow.

I don't suppose you want to discuss 911's getting the rally or Dakkar look... 9_9

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

You don't know wtf you're talking about.

Free dispersed camping is allowed in all state forests, national forests and many other places. We do it 4 or 5 times a year.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_forests/dispersed-camping.html

12 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Free dispersed camping is allowed in all state forests, national forests and many other places. We do it 4 or 5 times a year.

Saw it a lot of west this summer.  

The vehicles I saw today are not the same vehicles I've seen out camping in the state forests.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

And for fucks sake take off those stupid ass ducks from your dash board. Bad enough you never ever get your Wrangler dirty

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

What I’ve seen in the back country is people with more money than brains. They build an $90k Taco and proceed to get themselves into some crazy situation. 

11 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

What I’ve seen in the back country is people with more money than brains. They build an $90k Taco and proceed to get themselves into some crazy situation. 

Sounds typical for these days. Trying to make up for a lack of common sense with $.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Have one of those at work.

He went from a Taco with all the shit and then some to that limited edition 4Runner with all that shit and then some.  Plus the stickers for all the product, but none for the journeys.  

I've never seen either without all the shit on it, including that roof top pop-up tent, all winter long.

Edited by racinfarmer

10 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Not here in the Federal Forest, there's fees at all the campgrounds in this area. Here's a bunch of them nearby:

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233756?tab=seasons

Edited by XCR1250

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, HSR is a cuck said:

And for fucks sake take off those stupid ass ducks from your dash board. Bad enough you never ever get your Wrangler dirty

:lmao:

10 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

:lmao:

All reasons why I might not get another Jeep for a while. Or I’ll get another late 70’s CJ just so I’m different then these twats 🤣

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Have one of those at work.

He went from a Taco with all the shit and then some to that limited edition 4Runner with all that shit and then some.  Plus the stickers for all the product, but none for the journeys.  

I've never seen either without all the shit on it, including that roof top pop-up tent, all winter long.

Those are the guys that have the least amount of fun. They're also the guys that I avoid. They're terrified about the smallest scratch on their precious rig. I'm heading to New Mexico during the first week of April. I'll have enough supplies and water to last two to three weeks in the back country. This time of the year is great in the high desert. I want to visit the pueblo Indian ruins at Chaco canyon and take in the old mining ghost towns.  No campgrounds, only dispersed camping with my partner.. 

IMG_0253.jpeg

IMG_0250.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Those are the guys that have the least amount of fun. They're also the guys that I avoid. They're terrified about the smallest scratch on their precious rig. I'm heading to New Mexico during the first week of April. I'll have enough supplies and water to last two to three weeks in the back country. This time of the year is great in the high desert. I want to visit the pueblo Indian ruins at Chaco canyon and take in the old mining ghost towns.  No campgrounds, only dispersed camping with my partner.. 

IMG_0253.jpeg

IMG_0250.jpeg

Awww…what a good boy!🐶🌞☺️

Here are the Wisconsin STATE forests which DO allow dispersed camping.

Wisconsin State Forests:

The urban overlanders are all over the place here in AZ. You can typically find a few of them in the Whole Foods parking lot at any given time between 10 am and 8 pm.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

The urban overlanders are all over the place here in AZ. You can typically find a few of them in the Whole Foods parking lot at any given time between 10 am and 8 pm.

Better there than clogging up and polluting BLM land. There’s been a complete collapse of people in the backcountry. I’d say it’s half of what it’s been over the last two years. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

You could shove a GMO banana in their snorkel and really freak them out.

Better there than clogging up and polluting BLM land. There’s been a complete collapse of people in the backcountry. I’d say it’s half of what it’s been over the last two years. 

People are getting back to being lazy and out of nature.

We are planning a week long family GTFO of Dodge trip somewhere out west, and another week long road trip sans kids too.

• Thanks 1

Guy who my brother buys his mineral for his cattle from said he was talking to salesman at Ford dealer in Duluth, and he was talking about the camper dealers. They have tons of inventory and all of these weekend warriors that bought campers during covid are defaulting on their loans.

On 3/17/2024 at 9:54 AM, ActionfigureJoe said:

IMG_0253.jpeg

IMG_0250.jpeg

Poor dog, Got to put up with your bullshit