Check your account email address ×

858 on the dyno at Dynotech

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they've been running 858 videos on Flo all afternoon... no dyno sheets or videos, lot's of wheelies.

:dunno: 

Wheelies unfortunately some like. It’s the fun factor man!  Complete garbage for handling and corner to corner et’s.  But it sure looks cool.  

:wrong:

Just now, jonlafon1 said:

Wheelies unfortunately some like. It’s the fun factor man!  Complete garbage for handling and corner to corner et’s.  But it sure looks cool.  

:wrong:

did you just say fun factor  ?

:slapping:

Polaris trademarked that phrase with terrain dominator

:kneebash:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Our 18 ctecs were the best running 800s any of us owned and only one of them ever caught on fire.

Still have one.  It does run.  Got rid of 19, 20, 21, and probably one of the 22 sleds this spring.  The stock 18 is the one to beat and those have not done the job.  The 22 sleds were close until the clutches started pooping parts into the scrap bin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not DTR's Dyno... but close enough if comparing the 800 to 858. 

I'm fairly sure the first year Ctech 800 was 152 out of break in at DTR... and shot flames like a muthafucka!  🔥

this said... Cat kept calling the CT8 a '160hp class' engine which drove me f'ng nutz!  the moment Cat calls the 858 a 170hp class engine I'll probably lose my shit completely... :lol:

We didn't even see 160 with a pipe and tune

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

did you just say fun factor  ?

:slapping:

Polaris trademarked that phrase with terrain dominator

:kneebash:

Fun factor,!,,,     :yawn:

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

careful... I'm not a big fella but don't let me get inside  ;)

tenor.gif

Iron mike!  I’ll bite your ear off!  :peace:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, krom said:

image.thumb.png.30db1cdf49e9051c8558bec50bec9e2d.png

:whistle:

One year ago it was “you don’t need a bigger engine, this 600 is faster than anything made” from demo riders that haven’t purchased a new sled ever. How the tides have changed 

11 hours ago, Not greg b said:

One year ago it was “you don’t need a bigger engine, this 600 is faster than anything made” from demo riders that haven’t purchased a new sled ever. How the tides have changed 

I don't know if anyone was saying it's faster than anything made.  And most 600 owners think they don't need a bigger engine or else they wouldn't be on a 600.  So I don't see the problem there unless you hate that people were generally impressed with the sled.  If they're guilty of anything though it's that they didn't read the dyno charts before forming their opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I’m gonna go ahead and say ski doo doesn’t have an 858 yet lol

I'm not saying they do, or that they had anything to to with the claims in that screen shot

5 hours ago, krom said:

I'm not saying they do, or that they had anything to to with the claims in that screen shot

Oh the little blurb above the dyno results makes it seem like doo saying that’s what everything made on their dyno

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't know if anyone was saying it's faster than anything made.  And most 600 owners think they don't need a bigger engine or else they wouldn't be on a 600.  So I don't see the problem there unless you hate that people were generally impressed with the sled.  If they're guilty of anything though it's that they didn't read the dyno charts before forming their opinion.

If you go in the Facebook groups from a year ago you would have thought the catalyst will take down a turbo sled. Now that people have them and say they run like a 600 those same people that have never bought a new in sled say you bought the wrong sled 

27 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

If you go in the Facebook groups from a year ago you would have thought the catalyst will take down a turbo sled. Now that people have them and say they run like a 600 those same people that have never bought a new in sled say you bought the wrong sled 

can't wait to see their 858 Turbo... in 2027  

13 hours ago, mnstang said:

That was nice for cat to give skidoo an 858 to do whatever with.  I'm sure that totally happened also.

Not yet, but they do.  All 3 have been sending some of the first to each other for a long time.  Not preproduction ones though.

35 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Not yet, but they do.  All 3 have been sending some of the first to each other for a long time.  Not preproduction ones though.

I can make my 600 make impressive numbers on the dyno. I just need to take the hood off and spray spry nitros right down the intake 

• Haha 2

I found the Snowest Q & A where this is from, and notably the 858 figure isn't there. So whether it was deleted or was doctored and shared to another site, I'm not sure.

It def would be wild if Ski-Doo already got their hands on an 858 to dyno.

https://www.snowest.com/2024/02/skidoo-2025-questions-answers-freeride-rack-steering

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 05-14-12 Ski-Doo 2025 launch Q&A SnoWest Magazine.png

Edited by Premium
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I can make my 600 make impressive numbers on the dyno. I just need to take the hood off and spray spry nitros right down the intake 

Let's do it!

14 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Oh the little blurb above the dyno results makes it seem like doo saying that’s what everything made on their dyno

Thats what it is saying, but it could be made up, is all.