Check your account email address ×

California is the place you want to be....

Up to 12 feet of snow heading to California mountains

Up to 12 feet of snow is heading to California's Sierra Nevada mountains as a new winter storm bears down on the West Coast.

Winter storm watches have been issued for California, Oregon and Washington.

The storm will begin in the Pacific Northwest on Wednesday and will reach California by Thursday, bringing rain to the San Francisco area and snow to the mountains.

The rain will spread into Southern California from Friday night into Saturday.

The heaviest snow -- 4 to 12 feet -- will hit the Sierra Nevada mountains Friday to Sunday.

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

Awesome!  Crazy how they are in a wet cycle again… keep those reservoirs filling up!

Back in the early 90s a friend of mine that grew up in CA moved back for a couple of years after he graduated highschool. He sent me pics (actual photos via snail mail, lol) from his sister's cabin in the Sierra Nevada mountains . Crazy amount of snow that they had. The had to tunnel in to the door to get in.

• Like 2

Just now, ckf said:

Back in the early 90s a friend of mine that grew up in CA moved back for a couple of years after he graduated highschool. He sent me pics (actual photos via snail mail, lol) from his sister's cabin in the Sierra Nevada mountains . Crazy amount of snow that they had. The had to tunnel in to the door to get in.

I think it was the mid-2000’s when a bunch of guys who were riding big snows out there and making vids (VHS) of their adventures and selling them.  Would make me curious to know if those guys are still riding.  Last couple years now would be pretty epic!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

My brother in law lives in Teton county Idaho. He sends me epic vids all the time. They just got a3’ dump a few days ago. They are expecting at least that much more this week 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shifty said:

My brother in law lives in Teton county Idaho. He sends me epic vids all the time. They just got a3’ dump a few days ago. They are expecting at least that much more this week 

There was a crew of locals who were in West Yellowstone the past 5 days and the pictures they've sent throughout their time there looks fantastic!  Sounds like they put a pile of miles on and other than one day where visibility was shit due to a storm, they had great conditions.  The pic from yesterday (200+ mile day and 25 of it was on that):

Resized_1000002395_677111910259459.jpeg

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Bontz said:

There was a crew of locals who were in West Yellowstone the past 5 days and the pictures they've sent throughout their time there looks fantastic!  Sounds like they put a pile of miles on and other than one day where visibility was shit due to a storm, they had great conditions.  The pic from yesterday (200+ mile day and 25 of it was on that):

Resized_1000002395_677111910259459.jpeg

May have some questions for the guys that were out there.

Lol on the other front only took 2 minutes 🤣 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

May have some questions for the guys that were out there.

Lol on the other front only took 2 minutes 🤣 

Leg humping again I’m guessing?  I wouldn’t be surprised  

Let me know … shoot me a PM and I can get ya whatever details you’re looking for. 

26 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Leg humping again I’m guessing?  I wouldn’t be surprised  

Let me know … shoot me a PM and I can get ya whatever details you’re looking for. 

I'll see what Polaris releases Monday and may have questions then.

16 hours ago, HSR said:

Like a lost puppy.

FFS really?  I suppose I’ll get lumped into this bullshit just for quoting now.

• Like 1

A bunch of our club guys were out in the Snowies two weeks ago - great conditions there as well.  This is what I get from them…

086E7D9D-01E9-4786-A98D-4D95A4C6F61D.jpeg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

A bunch of our club guys were out in the Snowies two weeks ago - great conditions there as well.  This is what I get from them…

Were they out there when that cold spell hit?  Hopefully not - sounded like it was DAMN COLD (overnight lows in the -50F's???)

With the local crew having as good of a trip as what they did last week, it's got a few of us itching & considering heading out there in the next couple weeks.  Some planning and re-arranging of schedules to make that happen, but I hope we can.

• Like 1