Check your account email address ×

2024 600-Class Trail Sled Shootout! MXZ XRS vs INDY XCR vs CATALYST

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

wonder if they'll discuss top end?   :snack:

Spoiler alert they didn't discuss because that's not what 600's are for 

shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Comparing a pre production Catalyst to full production off brands, and almost winning? Classic IN YOUR FACE moment in time. BTW? The 650 is not a 600 class sled. Double fuck you moment!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Comparing a pre production Catalyst to full production off brands, and almost winning? Classic IN YOUR FACE moment in time. BTW? The 650 is not a 600 class sled. Double fuck you moment!

You're forgetting the production Catalyst falls way short of the pre-production sleds.

• Haha 3

in fairness if they're going to compare 600 class racer replicas they should have used an RXC which is a 137... but at least they were all short tracks. 

Cat closed the gap... but Doo just keeps on winning for their skid and Polaris for their front end in these ST comparisons no matter which mill they have in them.  

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

in fairness if they're going to compare 600 class racer replicas they should have used an RXC which is a 137... but at least they were all short tracks. 

Cat closed the gap... but Doo just keeps on winning for their skid and Polaris for their front end in these ST comparisons no matter which mill they have in them.  

The Polaris front end thing is something that came up a lot with people riding Toms vr1 and catalyst Monday. Nobody in the real world seems to think the Polaris front end is better. The Polaris is a great sled and as stated before I think the Polaris is more refined overall but I don’t think the front end is a place where it truly outshines the cat.

49 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

The Polaris front end thing is something that came up a lot with people riding Toms vr1 and catalyst Monday. Nobody in the real world seems to think the Polaris front end is better. The Polaris is a great sled and as stated before I think the Polaris is more refined overall but I don’t think the front end is a place where it truly outshines the cat.

how many XC races has Cat won this winter ?

:roflcrying:

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how many XC races has Cat won this winter ?

:roflcrying:

They won Masters 50+ at pine lake proving the catalyst is the greatest snowmachine ever made

16 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

They won Masters 50+ at pine lake proving the catalyst is the greatest snowmachine ever made

incorrect... otb

ZR 7000

2003 F7

:dirol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

They did state the Cat was better than the Doo and in certain conditions hinted as good as the Poo, but just not in both loose and packed snow.  Exciting to see all the positives on the Cat though.  

If cat actually had someone who can clutch a sled they would have had much better reviews. Everything about the RXC is pretty spot on, except one thing?   I regress :bashhead:..   O and this is not the first year they missed it on clutching..  

36 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Hopefully they didn't fire the calibration department and make improvements on the 2025's.

Who are the guys testing the pre production sleds and calibrating clutching?  Thinking they just throw darts at a wall with different helixes, springs, and weights.  Then when someone hits a helix they all yell and cheer!  "yea that the helix"   all right Joe(the plumber) your turn.  Lets get us a spring to go with that helix. :passing:

Can Throwing Darts Beat Hedge-Fund Managers' Stock Picks? - WSJ

Edited by jonlafon1
  • Haha 1

I don't think the snowtrax guys had complaints about clutching or top end.  It looks like they were running trails.  With curves and corners.

One thing about the comparison, they did knock the car for having some push on hard pack trails.  I guess you have to compare them bone stock to keep things simple but I wouldn't ride one mile with the stock 4" carbides that come on new sleds.  Seems a little cheap to knock it on the stock carbides that come on them that are never enough.  

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

about clutching or top end

COMPLETE failure by cat.................................   Anyone that drives a 600 catalyst and says the clutching is good, should not be riding sleds.. Complete over rev/shift to 8350 for a new tight motor

Edited by jonlafon1

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The other two had their crap 4" carbides on as well...

1 hour ago, Tripleflipper said:

Doesn't suit his agenda

I was surprised how honest they were about the doo front end, or at least that they said the same thing I've been saying for years.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The other two had their crap 4" carbides on as well...

I'm sure they did.  What I'm saying is it doesn't concern me which sled turns the best with crap 4" carbides.

5 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

COMPLETE failure by cat.................................   Anyone that drives a 600 catalyst and says the clutching is good, should not be riding sleds.. Complete over rev/shift to 8350 for a new tight motor

Yet people here has still said it runs with an 800 to 70 or 80.  Sounds like a horribly clutched 600.

Just now, mnstang said:

Yet people here has still said it runs with an 800 to 70 or 80.  Sounds like a horribly clutched 600.

They are clutched for the average rider. Not the super aggressive, hold it to the bar racer want to be's.