Check your account email address ×

2024 600-Class Trail Sled Shootout! MXZ XRS vs INDY XCR vs CATALYST

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

someone is sitting in an airport bar 

:lol:

Not till a bit later flight leaves at 5:53 and sadly I better watch it since I have to do customs and the rental car thing yet tonight

1 minute ago, fortune46x said:

Not till a bit later flight leaves at 5:53 and sadly I better watch it since I have to do customs and the rental car thing yet tonight

Do they have Capri Sun and animal crackers at the airport?  

Texted one of my buddies in Quebec, he's calling to arrange your body cavity search.  

Figured you needed something to look forward to today.  You're welcome... :lol:

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

They are clutched for the average rider. Not the super aggressive, hold it to the bar racer want to be's.

Anything set up to max out top end at all costs will come at a cost in other areas no doubt.  I haven't read any independent reviewers say it's clutched bad or anything about bad power delivery, acceleration etc.  I don't agree with the guys here who are outraged their stock 600 doesn't top end like an 800.  It's stock clutch calibration if you're a tuner and chasing gps numbers you shouldn't care how it's calibrated stock so why cry about it?  The only stock clutched sled I own is the one I haven't rode yet.  The video in this post said nothing bad about the clutching at all but if you listened to people here you'd think it should be the main topic of the entire video.  Yet snowtrax praised the motor... Said it was great mid range and up top....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Anything set up to max out top end at all costs will come at a cost in other areas no doubt.  I haven't read any independent reviewers say it's clutched bad or anything about bad power delivery, acceleration etc.  I don't agree with the guys here who are outraged their stock 600 doesn't top end like an 800.  It's stock clutch calibration if you're a tuner and chasing gps numbers you shouldn't care how it's calibrated stock so why cry about it?  The only stock clutched sled I own is the one I haven't rode yet.  The video in this post said nothing bad about the clutching at all but if you listened to people here you'd think it should be the main topic of the entire video.  Yet snowtrax praised the motor... Said it was great mid range and up top....

Anything set up to feel like it has more power than it does low and mid will have nothing up top. Slipping belts don’t produce track speed, snocross helixes don’t belong on 125hp trail sleds. It’s a joke of a calibration they threw together because they got it ok for the most part and didn’t want to put a couple hours of extra testing in it. I’ll bring a dragy with me when whatever snow there is left firms up next week and compare stock to everything else, I guarantee it doesn’t lose anything down low if just doesn’t hit a wall at 82mph now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Anything set up to feel like it has more power than it does low and mid will have nothing up top. Slipping belts don’t produce track speed, snocross helixes don’t belong on 125hp trail sleds. It’s a joke of a calibration they threw together because they got it ok for the most part and didn’t want to put a couple hours of extra testing in it. I’ll bring a dragy with me when whatever snow there is left firms up next week and compare stock to everything else, I guarantee it doesn’t lose anything down low if just doesn’t hit a wall at 82mph now

I agree that a low to mid speed setup won't have the top end that a dedicated top end setup has.  Just like I said there's a trade off.  I remember when people made fun of Ricky for thinking his setups were the "best" for every kind of riding and terrain...  

For the trail riding I do, I want absolute maximum performance in the 30-60mph area with a premium on backshift.  Any (good) top end calibration will suffer in the kind of trail riding I like.  Speed running doesn't get me excited at all.

Just having some fun with the people so pissed off about such a horrible stock clutch calibration.  I assume to do some clutching to make a sled how I like so I don't mind if it's not perfect for me.  I'd rather have a unique setup and maybe be one up on the masses anyway and I like tuning.  Still snowtrax thought it was great, vast majority FB posts I see all love the performance.  I don't think cat cares about the small minority of mph chasers and I don't blame them.  Guess I just don't think it's as bad as some like to make it out to be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

I agree that a low to mid speed setup won't have the top end that a dedicated top end setup has.  Just like I said there's a trade off.  I remember when people made fun of Ricky for thinking his setups were the "best" for every kind of riding and terrain...  

For the trail riding I do, I want absolute maximum performance in the 30-60mph area with a premium on backshift.  Any (good) top end calibration will suffer in the kind of trail riding I like.  Speed running doesn't get me excited at all.

Just having some fun with the people so pissed off about such a horrible stock clutch calibration.  I assume to do some clutching to make a sled how I like so I don't mind if it's not perfect for me.  I'd rather have a unique setup and maybe be one up on the masses anyway and I like tuning.  Still snowtrax thought it was great, vast majority FB posts I see all love the performance.  I don't think cat cares about the small minority of mph chasers and I don't blame them.  Guess I just don't think it's as bad as some like to make it out to be.

Great, and truly honest post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1