Check your account email address ×

2024 600-Class Trail Sled Shootout! MXZ XRS vs INDY XCR vs CATALYST

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yet people here has still said it runs with an 800 to 70 or 80.  Sounds like a horribly clutched 600.

They can be run stock. But why leave 20MPH and over shift/rev the motor so hard?  Gas mileage will be sub par for sure. If Cat gets the clutching on point for the 858 look out. Im not holding my breath though. Been doing that for years with their stock clutching. 

19 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They are clutched for the average rider. Not the super aggressive, hold it to the bar racer want to be's.

monkey.thumb.jpg.7f90fda4bb5423888585b6175864bee4.jpg

with intellect like that... have you ever considered applying for their marketing department?

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

monkey.thumb.jpg.7f90fda4bb5423888585b6175864bee4.jpg

with intellect like that... have you ever considered applying for their marketing department?

A face your mom would have aborted had she known

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

A face your mom would have aborted had she known

witty comeback simpleton 9_9

how's the clutching on yours... being such an expert and all?  :snack:

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

witty comeback simpleton 9_9

how's the clutching on yours... being such an expert and all?  :snack:

Have no idea. No rideable snow. 1.5 miles and RPM limited to 6500. 

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

then the conversation is clearly above you Jimwit 

Clearly, you have no clue on what average means. Being well below that. Calling you a simpleton, overstated your worth.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Clearly, you have no clue on what average means. Being well below that. Calling you a simpleton, overstated your worth.

do you even know how to change a primary spring? 

I mean seriously, we already realize how dumb you are but you just keep adding gasoline on top the fire.  

average.... Yeah, that's what consumers want 

putz:lol:

21 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

average

:yahoo:Yup.  That's why they are #3 compared to the other 2 brands when we see the "shootouts".  They have a chance to gain some market in 2025. They better get them better out of the box then 2024. I really like everything about the Cattle ass besides two things. I wont mention them as I have to many times already. 

Edited by jonlafon1

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I mean seriously, we already realize how dumb you are but you just keep adding gasoline on top the fire.  

image.jpeg.9444a7dc125911425d46c8177b53563b.jpeg

Just wait the good comments are a coming...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Fawk!   So according to wise one here Cat is now going after the average consumer??   Textron really has fucked up cat if that is the case.  

in fairness... just average may have been a goal for them? 

when I go out for dinner I seek out the most average restaurant I can find. when we're on vacation I go for 2-1/2 star hotels as well.

:)

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You are fucking stupid. Clutching for mass production is based on the average rider. 

32 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I rarely mess with clutching. Been years since I had to change a broken spring. Putz!

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You are fucking stupid. Clutching for mass production is based on the average rider. 

can you explain why Cat used the same clutching in all the ZR's and Riots which are different sleds which they've not done in the past?   

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

I rarely mess with clutching. Been years since I had to change a broken spring. Putz!

I'd wager your dealer changed it after telling you it was broken.  

How many Coors lights have you had this afternoon rather than working for the citizens of Norman County? 

10 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The average person doesn’t want to turn 7600 rpms to cruise at 55-60

• Like 2

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

can you explain why Cat used the same clutching in all the ZR's and Riots which are different sleds which they've not done in the past?   

All 600 motors. Pretty sure, same gearing. 0 to 5000 feet is based on stock clutching. 

I'd wager your dealer changed it after telling you it was broken.  

How many Coors lights have you had this afternoon rather than working for the citizens of Norman County? 

Zero. Dont drink till after 5. Crown Royal tonight, maybe.

Have never brought any sled in for simple maintenance. 

• Haha 1

Its hard to beat a doo if you want average.  They are very quiet in comparison to poo and cat when it comes to intake and exhaust noises. Handle and ride well too.   They are the definition on average. 

Cat missed the mark big time if that was there aim

18 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sounds like you like the clutching.  Then it makes sense.  Never breaking 20mph and nearly totaling a sled at 15 would put you in a different riding category.  That is definitely the average Cat went for with this clutching setup.  70 year old lady average.  

Now the rest of us would like to actually get some performance out of our sleds.