IMG_7572.jpeg

'04 GSXR 600 was my first road bike. 

then a got '07 R1 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Sick. I love the second Gens also. 

I didnt know what I had :sad:

My stupid Dad hated imports and didnt understand the Rotary so when I blew the motor he was like just get rid of it.  Car was fucking mint garage kept . :wall:

The only cool part is the car got bought by some Puerto Rican dudes and its a full blown drag car now. Tubbed, cage twin turbo 13B etc. More than I ever would of done so at least it lives on in its glory. 

I bought a Black 99 Z-28 6 speed LS1 after and it was my dream car at the time so I thought the RX-7 was worthless back in 2004. Ashamed to say what I sold it for. 

my old lady worked for a mazda dealer. called me said someone traded an rx7 in. i went red , a touch of rust. i bought it for 250.00. i look in the glove box, receipts galore. one of which was for a new engine. i run out , pop the hood, holy shit , new engine! had 500 miles on it. man did i burn the tires off that. they then had a 1985 gsl se, wedge body with a 13b. mint , 5k. i almost did it. another guy bought it, the seller didn't own it and never paid the owner. he came and took the car back. close one there. i saw a wedge on market place , had a 5.3 in it. wow

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

First motorcycle anyone….here is my old f2 traded my Mach z for it

IMG_7572.jpeg

Mine was a Honda CT 70.  :ashamed:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

'04 GSXR 600 was my first road bike. 

then a got '07 R1 

9E965EB8-EB0E-47E8-94B5-30AD5E1979EE.jpeg

41A2E45A-C057-48AE-A6E2-BE3B8EA8D8B9.jpeg

Love that r1 color. I sold that f2 for a 07 gsxr1k. I really miss that bike but got rid of it after a couple years because I couldn’t control myself lol.

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Mine was a Honda CT 70.  :ashamed:

Nice 👍 those go for good money now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Love that r1 color. I sold that f2 for a 07 gsxr1k. I really miss that bike but got rid of it after a couple years because I couldn’t control myself lol.

My first street bike was an 89 Suzuki GS 500.  I can't recall what I paid for it but I think it was under $2k new. Fun bike on the Kanc.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
Just now, ckf said:

My first street bike was an 89 Suzuki GS 500.  I can't recall what I paid for it but I think it was under $2k new. Fun bike on the Kanc.

Kanc is fun on a sport bike. They use to do a kanc car cruise starting down in Manchester I think maybe they still do idk but the year we did it my bud and I took the bikes don’t think I seen less than triple digits the whole cruise. I was racing a STI on 93 at like 170 lol. Dumb shit like that is why I no longer own a street bike.

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

87 Celebrity Eurosport.   Damn that car and I had some good times. 

download - 2024-02-05T092328.885.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

kind of like the old 3 wheelers. i had a 200x , 1987, and a 1986 350x. both crazy money now. the 250r models are insane

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

kind of like the old 3 wheelers. i had a 200x , 1987, and a 1986 350x. both crazy money now. the 250r models are insane

It’s crazy what the cool 80s stuff brings for money now especially 2smokers 250r, lt500r, tecate, trI-z etc.

• Like 1

i fixed a 350x for some local kids. i told them to let me know if they ever sold it. well they beat it up first then called me. i wasn't that interested since they beat it up but it was still decent. called my buddy he nailed it for 900.00. he has all new plastics and tons of parts. it was the machine he was looking for

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s crazy what the cool 80s stuff brings for money now especially 2smokers 250r, lt500r, tecate, trI-z etc.

Guy in town use to bring a Tiger 3 wheeler powered by a Rotax motor to radar runs with studded tires back in the 80's.  Was crazy to watch him run it.  Never seen one since

tiger-500-2.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Doug said:

Guy in town use to bring a Tiger 3 wheeler powered by a Rotax motor to radar runs with studded tires back in the 80's.  Was crazy to watch him run it.  Never seen one since

tiger-500-2.jpg

Never heard of the tiger 500 but from what I was just reading about them sounds extremely rare….cool stuff 👍 

6 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

i love rx7s. i had 2 old wedge style and a 1990 white one. i really like the old ones. so much fun, burning rubber is a requirement. see what they go for now? 5k for a junker. 

the 1990 , not mine but identical. i used to autocross it, got one first place. mostly ran a first gen jetta for that . 

No Reserve: 7k-Mile 1990 Mazda RX-7 GTU for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for  $18,000 on May 17, 2019 (Lot #18,930) | Bring a Trailer

I had a 76 -77 Z , like this one in HS . Not as nice, but I loved that car. So much fun in that car!  
After I saw it at show, I starting thinking how I would love to have another. I couldn’t believe what they were going for. 

C7FADF69-3CA6-45BC-90D7-7A2DD191B756.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

wheelie machine

my first street bike was a 68 bonnie and buddy had i think it was a gs500 (550?) suzuki. it was a mental case. (for the time)

Edited by mtnloverxtreme2
  • Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

First bike was a Hodaka Wombat. It was pretty tired when I got it but still had a blast.

One of my neighbors who I rode with had 1. Actually him and his brother had em, then his bro bought a harley davidson enduro

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

One of my neighbors who I rode with had 1. Actually him and his brother had em, then his bro bought a harley davidson enduro

Probably wished that he kept the Wombat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

i fixed a 350x for some local kids. i told them to let me know if they ever sold it. well they beat it up first then called me. i wasn't that interested since they beat it up but it was still decent. called my buddy he nailed it for 900.00. he has all new plastics and tons of parts. it was the machine he was looking for

Ate a lot of three wheeler bars back in the day!!😂

Tough to kill those old Hondas!

rode the hell out of my 200x