Thanks China. :lol:  

Line the wall with solar panels.  :bc:

Edited by Highmark

42 minutes ago, Anler said:

Good stuff.. :bc:

30 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Awesome.  Renewables are the future 

16 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Bring on the battery tech. Fuck delivery charges.

It's hard to believe the country who lead the industrial revolution has so many people fighting this technology. 

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It's hard to believe the country who lead the industrial revolution has so many people fighting this technology. 

Who Britain???? :dunno:

17 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Americans are the stupidest population on earth... Besides Canadians.. 

8 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

BP is a manufacturer of solar panels.:smack:

And big oil hating solar.....really?  Because we rely so heavily on big oil for our electricity in the USA.  And his vote counts the same as all others!!!! :flush:  

• Platinum Contributing Member

When my shingles need replacing I fully intend on replacing them with a solar version.   Should be 10-15 years barring storm damage.   I got a good portion of my roof facing south so I should be set up pretty good for it.  While its not necessary to have south facing roof I've read it still is beneficial.  Currently I lose my winter Geothermal rate if I install solar.   Kind of sucks.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

When my shingles need replacing I fully intend on replacing them with a solar version.   Should be 10-15 years barring storm damage.   I got a good portion of my roof facing south so I should be set up pretty good for it.  While its not necessary to have south facing roof I've read it still is beneficial.  Currently I lose my winter Geothermal rate if I install solar.   Kind of sucks.

Do your homework on the solar shingle , I looked hard at this here in MI for our home , the shingles have some real issues in the  quality dept., a stand alone solar panel(s) would be my first choice but I'm far from a green renewable power expert . MI also has a real fucked up energy co. install  mandates.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

BP is a manufacturer of solar panels.:smack:

BP maintains a large wind farm about an hour south of me that stretches from Illinois to Indiana. Im told they sell the electricity to California... :dunno: 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Do your homework on the solar shingle , I looked hard at this here in MI for our home , the shingles have some real issues in the  quality dept., a stand alone solar panel(s) would be my first choice but I'm far from a green renewable power expert . MI also has a real fucked up energy co. install  mandates.

If I were doing it today I'd do the stand alone.   I'm hopeful in 5-10 years the solar shingle technology will have come a long, long ways.  If my roof needs new shingles offsetting the cost of not doing both is significant.    

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

BP maintains a large wind farm about an hour south of me that stretches from Illinois to Indiana. Im told they sell the electricity to California... :dunno: 

Iowa utility companies sells a bunch of wind electricity to Illinois.  Wants to sell a bunch more.

I've read where 50% of our electricity is lost in the grid.   Fuck if that is the case imagine the savings just cutting that in half.   Maybe its not feasible.  

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Iowa utility companies sells a bunch of wind electricity to Illinois.  Wants to sell a bunch more.

I've read where 50% of our electricity is lost in the grid.   Fuck if that is the case imagine the savings just cutting that in half.   Maybe its not feasible.  

They are starting to close nuke plants in Illinois. Zion has already been decommissioned and I think they are doing another down south. Also taking 3 coal burners in Chicago offline. One has already been demolished. Chance of selling more is pretty good. Illinois politics are pretty fucked up right now so i dont see any progress any time soon. 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

big oil (energy) hates it

Big oil owns alot of wind farm.  I have ran many a powerline to to BP wind farms.  They built them cause of the huge tax breaks they could claim.  Big oil loves green energy cause it is a easy way for them to bust into a part of everyone's life that they weren't involved in that much before...  green energy has allowed big oil to get into the generation of power on tax breaks.