Check your account email address ×

Stop/Start vehicles

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Only with a programmer.  Most default to on otherwise every time you get in the car.  I disabled mine in the Escalade and the S6.  

Nope, this shut it off permanently:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CLHZ18BQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 minute ago, X2700 said:

ones i have driven i have learned to let up on brake pedal a bit then dont shut off!!

Yep the ford's do that, you can also let up a little to start them back up without moving forward. 

• Like 1

Just now, MnDean said:

Yep the ford's do that, you can also let up a little to start them back up without moving forward. 

yep wifes trail blazer is that way also.

Or get the bypass and hook it up in less than 2 minutes, unplug the harness right on top of the radiator, plug the bypass into the same plugs...DONE!

Edited by XCR1250

Auto stop start just makes me SMH most of these cars have remote start and run longer warming up than the total time that auto stops saves.

Edited by MnDean
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Rod said:

Wife’s Yukon does. It’s less intrusive than I thought it would be. Still don’t see the point though 

Typical government regulatory overreach bullshit.  Most annoying feature ever.  To what, save .23 mpg?  GTFO here.  You know its going to cause more wear on the starter.  My truck has that MDS cylinder deactivation, which is just a as rediculous.  Tech I spoke with claims its been causing a much higher rate of camshaft failures, and when you think about it, its not hard to figure out why.  Save .23 mpg but then need a 5000 repair about a month out of warranty when it finally shits the bed.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Typical government regulatory overreach bullshit.  Most annoying feature ever.  To what, save .23 mpg?  GTFO here.  You know its going to cause more wear on the starter.  My truck has that MDS cylinder deactivation, which is just a as rediculous.  Tech I spoke with claims its been causing a much higher rate of camshaft failures, and when you think about it, its not hard to figure out why.  Save .23 mpg but then need a 5000 repair about a month out of warranty when it finally shits the bed.

Yup I think it’s stupid. But if you trade every 2-3 years who cares 

Do I hate it? Yes. Does it really affect the vehicle idk not really 

10 hours ago, Deephaven said:

It was a $2 mod with the code reader I already have.  Not sure if it works on GM stuff though.  Escalade was free with HP Tuners.

I actually have 3 code readers, 1 is an older version, the other 2 were over $500 each, neither of those would shut it off, took the car back to the GM dealer and they said it can't be shut off on GM till 2020, this is a 2018.

Edit: Come to think of it I have 4 code readers..

Edited by XCR1250

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I actually have 3 code readers, 1 is an older version, the other 2 were over $500 each, neither of those would shut it off, took the car back to the GM dealer and they said it can't be shut off on GM till 2020, this is a 2018.

Edit: Come to think of it I have 4 code readers..

Yeah, we have probably 10 scanners, just picked up a new Autel that was 5k 2 weeks ago and it can't code out Stop/Start..Our VCDS software can on VW, Audi, Porsche, and Lamborghini but that's done thru a laptop not a Amazon cheap scan tool..

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yeah, we have probably 10 scanners, just picked up a new Autel that was 5k 2 weeks ago and it can't code out Stop/Start..Our VCDS software can on VW, Audi, Porsche, and Lamborghini but that's done thru a laptop not a Amazon cheap scan tool..

The Autel Scanner I sold a couple years back was +/- $500, it was an older version. None of the 4 I have now were from Amazon, Vehicle Service Pros is where I bought the Auto XRay from.

Programmer needed not a scanner.  OBDeleven or VCDS do vag stuff, I assume the 11 does more but haven't tried.  For GM I used the same programmer I did to remap the ECU for the supercharger and other mods.  Also can remove the stupid run on 4 cyl shit....

• Like 2

• Gold Member

On my 21' Ram I was able to disable the seat belt dinger which in turn automatically disables the stop start.  Killed to extremely stupid functions with one stone.  I wouldn't have bought the truck if I could not have shut those things off.  Stupid.  Book keeper here at work has a 2018 Equinox and he would pull up out side my office window.  He would stop, engine would shut off, put it in park engine would start back up, then shut if off to come in to work.  Tell me how smart that is?  Dumb.  I bought a range chip thing for 200 bucks and eliminated that stupid shit.  

1 hour ago, poopooforme said:

On my 21' Ram I was able to disable the seat belt dinger which in turn automatically disables the stop start.  Killed to extremely stupid functions with one stone.  I wouldn't have bought the truck if I could not have shut those things off.  Stupid.  Book keeper here at work has a 2018 Equinox and he would pull up out side my office window.  He would stop, engine would shut off, put it in park engine would start back up, then shut if off to come in to work.  Tell me how smart that is?  Dumb.  I bought a range chip thing for 200 bucks and eliminated that stupid shit.  

Wish ford was like that . I always disable my seatbelt chime, but start stop hit the buttom. Still a PITA

21 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Wish ford was like that . I always disable my seatbelt chime, but start stop hit the buttom. Still a PITA

I hate Ford's seat belt chime..how do you eliminate it? I don't have Ford's but Friends do and they hate the chime.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I hate Ford's seat belt chime..how do you eliminate it? I don't have Ford's but Friends do and they hate the chime.

Its in the owners manual. Turn key on but dont start , then clik unclik 3 or 4 times depending on model. What model are you looking for?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Its in the owners manual. Turn key on but dont start , then clik unclik 3 or 4 times depending on model. What model are you looking for?

I believe it's a 2021 or 2022.