Check your account email address ×

Stop/Start vehicles

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yes, 4 door.

Read Steps 1 - 4 before proceeding with the programming procedure.

Make sure that:

• The parking brake is set.
  • The transmission is in park (P).
  • The ignition is off.
  • The driver and front passenger seatbelts are unfastened.
  1. Switch the ignition on.Do not start the engine.
  1. Wait about one minute until the seatbelt warning light switches off. After Step 2, wait an additional five seconds before proceeding with Step 3. Once you start Step 3, you must complete the procedure within 30 seconds.
  1. For the seating position you are switching off, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt three times at a moderate speed, ending in the unbuckled state. After Step 3, the seatbelt warning light switches on.
  1. When the seatbelt warning light is on, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt. After Step 4, the seatbelt warning light flashes for confirmation.
This switches the feature off for that seating position if it is currently on.
This switches the feature on for that seating position if it is currently off.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Make sure that:

• The ignition is off.
  1. Wait about one minute until the seatbelt warning light switches off. After Step 2, wait an additional five seconds before proceeding with Step 3. Once you start Step 3, you must complete the procedure within 30 seconds.
  1. For the seating position you are switching off, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt three times at a moderate speed, ending in the unbuckled state. After Step 3, the seatbelt warning light switches on.
  1. When the seatbelt warning light is on, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt. After Step 4, the seatbelt warning light flashes for confirmation.

I just e-mailed him to find out for sure what year he has, I'll post it here when/if he gets back to me to see if what you wrote will work for his Truck.

Thanks

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Make sure that:

• The ignition is off.

He says it's a 2023.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

same as posted

Ok, I'll send that to him, I wonder if 30 seconds is enough time to complete it all, what might happen if he only gets 1/2 way thru?

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Ok, I'll send that to him, I wonder if 30 seconds is enough time to complete it all, what might happen if he only gets 1/2 way thru?

It,s plenty of time. I thought the same myself and finished in 1/2 the time

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

It,s plenty of time. I thought the same myself and finished in 1/2 the time

Whew..he used to be GM service manager some years back.

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

How about wearing the seatbelt? 

He does, but I think it chimes when he leaves the key in the ignition and opens the door, and even when he first opens it before geting in, if I recall correctly.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

He does, but I think it chimes when he leaves the key in the ignition and opens the door, and even when he first opens it before geting in, if I recall correctly.

Push button start FTW. :bc:

22 hours ago, Deephaven said:

It was a $2 mod with the code reader I already have.  Not sure if it works on GM stuff though.  Escalade was free with HP Tuners.

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Programmer needed not a scanner.  OBDeleven or VCDS do vag stuff, I assume the 11 does more but haven't tried.  For GM I used the same programmer I did to remap the ECU for the supercharger and other mods.  Also can remove the stupid run on 4 cyl shit....

Sorry I was confused a bit with the "code reader"

So you got a programer and were sent a canned tune you loaded in,..so yes, that would work. Your tune with coding deletes was $2??  The Audi was an Unitronic tune?

Edited by Rigid1
Autocorrect

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

I hate Ford's seat belt chime..how do you eliminate it? I don't have Ford's but Friends do and they hate the chime.

for scan will eliminate it.    love the fact there is no chime now if those fucks would let me shut off the auto locks

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

for scan will eliminate it.    love the fact there is no chime now if those fucks would let me shut off the auto locks

Couple people have mentioned seat belt alerts ..

Out of curiosity do a lot of you guys not wear seatbelts??

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Sorry I was confused a bit with the "code reader"

So you got a programer and were sent a canned tune you loaded in,..so yes, that would work. Your tune with coding deletes was $2??  The Audi was an Unitronic tune?

Someone else said "code reader" I said programmer.

On 1/23/2024 at 2:27 PM, Deephaven said:

Only with a programmer.  Most default to on otherwise every time you get in the car.  I disabled mine in the Escalade and the S6.  

More specifically I used HP Tuners to tune the Escalade.  Nothing pre-canned there as adding a whipple, long tubes, intake, injectors, etc... is not some mail order something.  I did not however use HP on my Audi as I only have a 6 car license and am down to 3.  I have an OBDEleven scanner/programmer that allows you to control VAG stuff like VCDS, but unlike being open you pay $2 for a lot of stuff.   It is also an easy code reader and works with just a simple phone connection.

HP you can do anything to the ECU/TCU you want.  OBDEleven has pre-canned routines and is a lot simpler and cheaper than the Ross tech programming.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I find that strange as well.  For reference, if OBDEleven supports your car however it is easy to switch it off.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

N H is the only state in nation without seatbelt law. 

I will wear one when on a hwy in incliment weather of if I know Ill be running 85 mph for a few hrs. 

I was also in an accident that if I had a seatbelt on I would have been killed. So not a big fan.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I find that strange as well.  For reference, if OBDEleven supports your car however it is easy to switch it off.

20 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

N H is the only state in nation without seatbelt law. 

I will wear one when on a hwy in incliment weather of if I know Ill be running 85 mph for a few hrs. 

I was also in an accident that if I had a seatbelt on I would have been killed. So not a big fan.

It feels strange to be in a car for me without it on, actually it's uncomfortable to me..Weird? :dunno:

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

It feels strange to be in a car for me without it on, actually it's uncomfortable to me..Weird? :dunno:

When working we just do service work. There are many times Im in the truck and literaly driving across the street or 3 houses up.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Me too.  I still like to disable the chime though as I don't need it to remind me.  ie, from the grocery store to the liquor store is a long ass parking lot so no need to bother.

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Me too.  I still like to disable the chime though as I don't need it to remind me.  ie, from the grocery store to the liquor store is a long ass parking lot so no need to bother.

You can ask the dealer for a fat guy belt extender. They will give you one for free if it cannot be disabled .

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

When working we just do service work. There are many times Im in the truck and literaly driving across the street or 3 houses up.

15 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Definitely agree with and been there with the driving a 100yds and a strip mall parking lot that's 3/4 of a mile long..

Was more like meaning normal driving down the road to the store or something