Check your account email address ×

Nikki Haley sweeps first New Hampshire primary votes in midnight tradition

• Platinum Contributing Member

As Dixville Notch goes, so goes New Hampshire?

That’s what former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley will be hoping after the tiny village near the Canadian border carried on its five-decade-old tradition of midnight voting early Tuesday.

All six eligible voters in the precinct — four registered Republicans and two undeclared voters — pulled the lever for Haley, 52, who is desperate for a shock victory in the Granite State to halt what many observers see as former President Donald Trump’s unstoppable march to the GOP nomination.

Trump, meanwhile, will be hoping that recent primary history repeats itself.

Dixville Notch has not predicted the outcome of a Republican New Hampshire primary since 2008, when then-Sen. John McCain of Arizona won the village

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

All 13 voted Biden in 2020.:lol:

The main headline on Drudge this morning........6 fucking votes.  Please.  :lol: They've sunken so far.

You have to remember, in NH

30% are registered democrats

30% are registered republicans

40% are independent

The independents can show up at the polls, and ask for a republican ballot. Then then can vote for Halely, just to be a vote against Trump. I think you may see enough of that today to make it somewhat close. There are just a lot of people who really don't like Trump, regardless of what the pro Trump side thinks. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Catalina said:

There are just a lot of people who really don't like Trump, regardless of what the pro Trump side thinks. 

No true!!!! Just ask the pro Trump crew here on FS!!!!!  :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Catalina said:

40% are independent

The independents can show up at the polls, and ask for a republican ballot. Then then can vote for Halely, just to be a vote against Trump. I think you may see enough of that today to make it somewhat close. There are just a lot of people who really don't like Trump, regardless of what the pro Trump side thinks. 

Have you looked at the latest independent polls?:lol:

17 minutes ago, Catalina said:

40% are independent

I get that.  Hopefully those independants also realize that Haley is just another swamp creature all in with the MIC.  That said, I'll be glad when the election is over, because from now until November, we can count on one breathless headline after another.

*I like that Catalina.  68?  :bc: 

26 minutes ago, ckf said:

No true!!!! Just ask the pro Trump crew here on FS!!!!!  :lol:

Yup....fake news:lmao:

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Haha 1

NH doesn't mean shit.   If she can't win her own state she can't win the nomination.   Trump will still pull out NH but I'm guessing its in single digits because of who can vote. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Catalina said:

40% are independent

I think it's going to be a bit of a wash... While Haley may do a little better than Trump with Independents, Trump has picked up a lot of the DeSantis votes And has gotten a bump and increased his lead from that.  

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

NH doesn't mean shit.   If she can't win her own state she can't win the nomination.   Trump will still pull out NH but I'm guessing its in single digits because of who can vote. 

Single digits will result in a slow death....Trump needs to pull this off by 15 or more IMO....to put an end to it early and have her drop out. Got my fingers 🤞:lmao:.         

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Haley is Trump with tits.

She's brown not orange.....just ask her. 

Just now, Mainecat said:

Haley is Trump with tits.

And DeSantis was mini-Trump.....you just can't escape thoughts of Trump dancing in your head :lmao:

27 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I think it's going to be a bit of a wash... While Haley may do a little better than Trump with Independents, Trump has picked up a lot of the DeSantis votes And has gotten a bump and increased his lead from that.  

People only voted for desantis because they didn't want the trump buffoon.

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Exactly, why some think they will just switch to Trump astounds me. Probably more lost votes for Repubs than anything, they just won't vote.

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Perhaps true....but now many are forced to join the Trump camp again. He has definitely gotten more of that support than Haley has.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Exactly, why some think they will just switch to Trump astounds me. Probably more lost votes for Repubs than anything, they just won't vote.

Wrong...

Trump picked up a lot of those votes.  He bumped up on Haley right afterwards